Evolutionry/religious nonsense

brianjakub

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 12:04 pm
@farmerman,
You know i did have to different colors at one time. The first 45 pages are readable i think. This discussion gives me the words. When i makes adjustments so you see what i see i, know i am writing correctly. You don’t sit and talk with the average Joe about this, you need to get four degrees and a couple of doctorates. You and fresco, and leadfoot are the closest i am going to get to that right now.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 12:13 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:
God having a penis is consistent with the Eternal Word of God becoming flesh and dwelling among us as a man 2000 years ago. Jesus the Eternal Word of God, is the same God that created the universe, and always existed with God as the Word of God even before he created the universe. He did not come into existence 2000 years ago.
That is some of the most naive and delusional bullshit I've seen in a long long time. It helps put everything you post in clear perspective.
brianjakub

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 12:15 pm
@rosborne979,
What is delusional about it?
ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 12:17 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:
When God stands in front of you in His human form he looks like Jesus Christ as He revealed Himself to the apostle Thomas in the gospel according to John:

at least you're acknowledging that the christian god is a man of colour
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 12:24 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

What is delusional about it?

Dude, I know it's harsh but I'm going to be honest with you because someone should...
Quote:
de·lu·sion
dəˈlo͞oZHən/
noun
noun: delusion; plural noun: delusions

an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.

farmerman

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 12:36 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
You don’t sit and talk with the average Joe about this, you need to get four degrees and a couple of doctorates
well, theres at only one of us that believes that (and it aint me).

You dont need to be Julia Child to know youve got a bad pork chop.
Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 12:57 pm
@Leadfoot,
Yes, I am a fool to talk to you. The "tactic" to which you refer is straight-forward and completely reasonable. You provide no evidence of a design, no evidence for a purported intelligence behind the design. We both know you're one of the god boys, so vague references to such an unnamed intelligence constitute deceit on your part.

Your absolutely right, I won't play the fool by attempting to engage someone so profoundly ignorant and so obviously deceitful any longer. I will, of course, continue to laugh at you when you deserve it, which is almost every time you post.
brianjakub

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 12:58 pm
@farmerman,
When I said that I meant is ,if I go and get 4 degrees and a couple doctorates in the process I'll talk to plenty of intelligent people. Right now you're all I have . And I appreciate the discussion . you have taught me a lot. If it's not even good enough for you to discuss it, I guess I'll have to make it better first
farmerman

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 01:10 pm
@brianjakub,
Several of us have taught in college and , I think we are quite amazed at how your'e unwilling or unable to read available evidence and not even have questions about what it means when viewed with the growing pile of overlapping evidence . I say unwilling or unable because hen we have such a discussion the first time, and several of us offer examples of evidence, you give it short recognition and go back to youre inane assertions as if nothing happened.

You are quick to accept what is primarily fundamentalist Bible based preaching and yet you seem to dismiss robust fields of interlocking science based data (NONE of which has refuted anything science has to say , yet science has easily been able to refute everything that ID has presented as opening conclusions).

Only one or two sects even accept the Bible as literal truth (yet you pose the inerrancy of stuff like the FLOOD . When I read that I go yaghh because you jut dont seem to even want to start a discussion with yourself)
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 01:19 pm
@farmerman,
As I have mentioned many times before, they remain blind to factual evidence of evolution, because it's a frightening prospect of eliminating their lifelong belief in their god and savior. The contradictions between science and their bible is overwhelming. How do they let go of a god that has been their spiritual partner for most of their life? Difficult, if not impossible.
farmerman

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 01:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Ya know ci, I really support their beliefs as great for them. I just get all po'd at their insistence that their beliefs are actual SCIENCE.
I find that "breathlessly inane".
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 02:02 pm
@farmerman,
I understand them too, because all my siblings are christians. I don't fault them, because our mother converted to christianity when we were children, and they just followed suit. Their children are following the same religious beliefs. I've always been the yellow sheep of the family.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 02:22 pm
@farmerman,
Breathlessly inane--that's a very apt phrase. Some of them get bent out of shape (like LF) if you don't treat their inanities seriously. I long for the good old days with "real life" who would quickly move on to a new trick, a new dog and pony show, when you exposed his last one. Now that was entertainment!
farmerman

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 02:29 pm
@Setanta,
ah yes real life, there was a scholar.

not
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 03:13 pm
He was a miner--a quote miner. He stayed busy, though.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 04:01 pm
The domain of science is the domain of refutable hypotheses, based on reproducible facts.

The question of the origin of the universe is clearly outside the domain of science.

Odd that the several advocates of pseudo science here don't recognize that truth
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2018 05:15 pm
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 05:13 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Yes, I am a fool to talk to you. The "tactic" to which you refer is straight-forward and completely reasonable. You provide no evidence of a design, no evidence for a purported intelligence behind the design. We both know you're one of the god boys, so vague references to such an unnamed intelligence constitute deceit on your part.

Your absolutely right, I won't play the fool by attempting to engage someone so profoundly ignorant and so obviously deceitful any longer. I will, of course, continue to laugh at you when you deserve it, which is almost every time you post.

Ahhh Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha,

Ahhh Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 05:25 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
Your last response to my question or two was removed (it seems)because I accidentally hit that thumbs down button, this has happened before ....🤷🏼‍♂️

Well said tho👍

What it means when the author of psalm 14 wrote ‘only a fool says in his heart there is no god’......
https://www.gotquestions.org/fool-heart-no-God.html

Thank you Hello,

You were not the only one to thumbs down that post. Curiously, that's often a sign that it said something that exposed the nakedness of the thumbs downers. Some aggressive TDers will follow you around doing it to even the most benign posts. Seems rather juvenile.

If you accidentally thumbs down it, there should be a small tag in place of the post that was blocked and it will pop back up if you click on it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Apr, 2018 05:39 am
@Leadfoot,
Saw a talk about using more "big data" means in paleo. This group of scientists gave a talk about using affinity analyses to make structural measurements of a bunch of fish, amphibian and reptile fossils and theirliving forms. the affinities qere based on the number of similar traits shared by different species (Unfortunately theres no genetic data from fossils so it hd to be presented very tentatively.

But the affinity analyses showed that, when the computer is allowed to arrange the affinities the derived line is Time and show the screwey trends that evolution took. The Story of Earth is a new book that an author from Carnegie Tech wrote an explained the use of the technique an how its being used for lots of area in science (like the order in which mineral appeared on the planet ). Im thinkingof using the technique to help determine , from mineral affinities, where would we expect to find certain minerls.

Theres only about 5500 mineral species on earth right now and millions of affinity trends that can be mined.
Did your work in puter science mess with Affinity analyses, specifically "market basket".
I cme close in Krigging or variogramming but this trick allows the linkage of many more parameters into "affinity webs"
0 Replies