Evolutionry/religious nonsense

jerlands

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 02:44 pm

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 03:02 pm
@jerlands,
jerlands wrote:
This is how I arrived at that conclusion... A group of fish get trapped in a dark cave and so to survive their senses have to change.

It starts with variation, which is one of the three key components of Biological Evolution (Reproduction, Variation and Selection are the three key components). Organisms in a population are not genetically identical, there is always variation. All it takes is for selective pressures to favor one group of genetic expressions over another in each reproductive cycle and the population will change over time (evolve).
jerlands wrote:
Something like how a blind man's other senses sharpen. But.. the question is how did that change start?

The process of Biological Evolution is absolutely nothing like how a blind man's other senses sharpen. It is a completely different thing entirely.
jerlands

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 03:20 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

jerlands wrote:
Something like how a blind man's other senses sharpen. But.. the question is how did that change start?

The process of Biological Evolution is absolutely nothing like how a blind man's other senses sharpen. It is a completely different thing entirely.

I still ask how a money got to be a monkey and a donkey a donkey? It's almost like the answer was there and somehow something arose to fill the gap.

We look for answers and explore through different lense. Some makes sense while others don't.
jerlands

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 03:22 pm
@rosborne979,
Science can see certain things.. genetic variance.. physical difference but it doesn't see the driving mechanism. What is thought of as the mind I believe may play a role.
farmerman

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 03:28 pm
@jerlands,
Ive read about Benvieniste's study about how water retains a "memory" of homeopathic medicines, but as far as I know, there was no scientific basis on which he could propose the hypothesis. (We usually stqrt from a known point).
Anyway, several respected research institutions including NAH, several EU agencies and Sandia Lbs tried to replicate his experiment and they were unable,So nothing further happened. I believe he has passed.
jerlands

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 03:37 pm
@farmerman,
Well... that was then, this is now.
jerlands

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 03:38 pm
@farmerman,
Yes, people build upon ideas/conceptions of others.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 03:38 pm
@jerlands,
I just checked, none of his experimental stuff has been able to be reproduced. You have anything newer than 2017?
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 03:39 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
The individual organism faces the problem of survival. The process of evolution does not.
Interesting that you would say that, when so many arguments for evolution say just the opposite.

Evolution supposedly solves the 'evolutionary super predator' problem by aiming for or achieving 'balance' (and therefore survive to continue the evolutionary process). This, even though evolution is said to have no aim or goals and could care less about balance.
jerlands

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 03:42 pm
@farmerman,
I don't know if that isn't an example of convergent evolution though?
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 03:44 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I just checked, none of his experimental stuff has been able to be reproduced. You have anything newer than 2017?

I don't really know the story of Benveniste but experiments on water memory are successful though I don't know about homeopathic medicines?
jerlands

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 03:59 pm

farmerman

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 04:11 pm
@jerlands,
today is Clarence's 70th birthday, unfortunately his plans dont include any celebrations.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 04:18 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:
I don't really know the story of Benveniste but experiments on water memory are successful though I don't know about homeopathic medicines?

Ya caint make this **** up . I GARONTEE
jerlands

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 04:19 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

jerlands wrote:
False.. The problem nature faces is survival.

The individual organism faces the problem of survival. The process of evolution does not.

You may be right. The process of evolution may be a simple algorithm like x+y=z? I imagine though as life became more complex the algorithm had to evolve to accommodate greater variance. Or maybe the great algorithm pre-existed and we slowly evolved up to it?
jerlands

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 04:25 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:

I think this video illustrates an interesting experiment on water memory.

0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 04:33 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 04:48 pm
@jerlands,
jerlands wrote:
You may be right. The process of evolution may be a simple algorithm like x+y=z? I imagine though as life became more complex the algorithm had to evolve to accommodate greater variance. Or maybe the great algorithm pre-existed and we slowly evolved up to it?

No. The same basic process that began billions of years ago is still the primary driving force.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 04:49 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
Interesting that you would say that, when so many arguments for evolution say just the opposite.

Since they absolutely do not say the opposite, I must conclude that you have misconstrued my statement in some way.

Leadfoot wrote:
Evolution supposedly solves the 'evolutionary super predator' problem by aiming for or achieving 'balance' (and therefore survive to continue the evolutionary process). This, even though evolution is said to have no aim or goals and could care less about balance.

Where did you get that from, are you sure you understood it in context?
rosborne979

Reply Thu 11 Jan, 2018 04:52 pm
@jerlands,
jerlands wrote:

rosborne979 wrote:

jerlands wrote:

I still ask how a money got to be a monkey and a donkey a donkey? It's almost like the answer was there and somehow something arose to fill the gap.

No it's not. At least not to me. I can see quite clearly how monkeys and donkeys and everything else evolved.

jerlands wrote:

We look for answers and explore through different lense. Some makes sense while others don't.

It makes sense to me. And all I'm doing is following the basic understanding which has been around for almost two centuries. I'm not sure why it doesn't make sense to you.