Evolutionry/religious nonsense

jerlands

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2017 04:53 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
he needs to really consider the power of extinction

It seems to me you're implying something... Reality doesn't require man to acknowledge it... Man gains by recognizing truths and putting those truths together into some cohesive, working bond. Ultimately it is growth in the mind that leads man on towards an evolutionary end.
farmerman

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2017 04:56 pm
@jerlands,
that was a most astounding bit of boudinage
jerlands

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2017 04:57 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
Isn't something like 90% of all the species that have lived on Earth are now extinct?

If 90% of the population ate McDonalds then you might suppose there would be a great number with disease... HOLD IT... isn't that the situation today?
jerlands

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2017 04:58 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
boudinage

Can you expound?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2017 04:58 pm
@jerlands,
only to be outdistanced by that one. You obviously love to create nonsensical phrases eh?
jerlands

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2017 05:04 pm
@farmerman,
People don't believe you can judge a book by it's cover... On the other hand, I think you can see the qualities a dog might have, or a horse might have, or a cow might have simply by looking at it. Now why isn't that true for books?
farmerman

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2017 05:05 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
Isn't something like 90% of all the species that have lived on Earth are now extinct? Some number like that.

Worse than that. Dav Raup once had a number of calcs done at his request and the consensus was that ,of all the life that ever lived on earth(they did a sort of Lincoln index using fossil species as indicators. The result was that it was 99.999% of life is extinct. Hardly any thoiught in that. Like deer in headlights, it aint up to their "thought processes" whether the environment does em in or not.

Extinction is a working part of evolution but all the Creationists just ignore its implication
jerlands

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2017 05:16 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Extinction is a working part of evolution but all the Creationists just ignore its implication

That's simply a false statement. Life and death, order and reorder is fundamental. What we term as extinction (like the dinosaurs) seems to become what we know as chicken today.
farmerman

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2017 05:24 pm
@jerlands,
as I assert, they just ignore the implication of extinction.(Try not to be cute, it doesnt work well after one shows his hand)
jerlands

Reply Sat 16 Dec, 2017 05:54 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
the implication of extinction

Ok.. I admit.. I don't understand your point. Could you expound on it to make it clear and visible to me. Or is that too big a job Laughing
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2017 07:10 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
The result was that it was 99.999% of life is extinct. Hardly any thoiught in that.

Unless it's all about Homo Sap. from the get go,
farmerman

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2017 07:23 am
@Leadfoot,
to "create" a H sapiens, it was not about starting with a block of protoplasm and carving away wverything that did NOT look like H sapiens.
Hs was derived from all the previous species that acquired higher and little teeny bits of "fitness" and all those earlier guys were left extinct just so we can track and theorize about Hs's "rise" (I think were up to 22 or so actual fossil species of our ancestors (or at least fairly close relatives)
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2017 07:49 am
@farmerman,
Yeah, I get that. We could still look like apes, it doesn't matter what container H is in.
Ultimately 'creation' is indistinguishable from what science has discovered. Unless you hang a lot of religious nonsense on creation.
farmerman

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2017 08:09 am
@Leadfoot,
Theres no way to underpin that statement, other than the "Lifes too complicated..." stuff.

The trubble with your statement is that the "Creationist" mentality DOES carry the religious baggage because noone has done any research on the subject. What they do Is parse whatever reserch has been done and claim its the same(YET, they fail to recognize the facts that counter their same assertions)

Also, there are so many versions of creation stories, of which one are you fondest?
Science has but one tale an any time we see discrepancies e try to get more data or we revise the ONE theory.

Remember

The theory of volution is based upon a world of facts where all of themm support the theory, AND no facts refute it.

Cant say that about Creation tales. (Otherwise they wouldnt be called Creationists)

brianjakub

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2017 10:53 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
But long story slightly longer and answer i have already given. There is zero thought in evolution. No mind behind it. Environment dictates the rules, a species either adapts to those rules or gets booted out of the game.
What rules? Rules come from somewhere. There is an underlying code or set of rules that evolution. must follow, that are established by another underlying set of rules established by Newtonian physics and which are established by another set of underlying rules known as quantum mechanics and relativity. A all these rules are describe patterns we observe mathematically. We can't stop there and say,"well the rules came from nowhere and are describing nothing. There is a reason they exist.
farmerman

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2017 11:13 am
@jerlands,
Quote:
People don't believe you can judge a book by it's cover... On the other hand, I think you can see the qualities a dog might have, or a horse might have, or a cow might have simply by looking at it. Now why isn't that true for books?

whaaaaa?. Is this how you carry on in life in your day to day interactions?

Do most p[eople just say"scuse me" and then move off?
farmerman

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2017 11:20 am
@brianjakub,
Quote:
There is an underlying code or set of rules that evolution. must follow, that are established by another underlying set of rules established by Newtonian physics and which are established by another set of underlying rules known as quantum mechanics
Are you just trying to defer any knowledge in biology or biochemistry by defaulting to some ething in physics?

Why not just try to deal with the subject at hand rather than trying to use a "defaulting to trying to sound in touch with the cosmos"??

I say that you are visibly ignorant of the concepts that mere biology teaches us.
The"major rule" of the living state is that it bucks against the laws of physics (like thermodynamics). Think about it before simply invoking particle physics or quantum physics.

jerlands

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2017 11:50 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

You can't judge a book by it's cover because it's something man made.
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2017 11:55 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
There is an underlying code or set of rules that evolution. must follow, that are established by another underlying set of rules established by Newtonian physics and which are established by another set of underlying rules known as quantum mechanics

Why does a quartz crystal look the way it does. It grows following laws that govern it and it's appearance.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Sun 17 Dec, 2017 12:15 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
The"major rule" of the living state is that it bucks against the laws of physics (like thermodynamics). Think about it before simply invoking particle physics or quantum physics.
You have been arguing that the living state is governed by the laws of physics not intelligence. That means the living state does not buck anything, it just exists according to the laws of physics. The laws of physics tells us there are physical laws and constants (second law of thermal dynamics for instance).