Start spreadin' the news, I'm leaving today--> New York!

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:46 pm
I wish I could use hotwire and priceline. They are not friends of the Canadian credit card. Evil or Very Mad

People I know at another forum use priceline for all of their U.S. get-togethers. They've scored some amazing deals over the past couple of years.

Still lovin' Lola's first suggestion. Small, affordable (with private bathroom) and walking distance to lots of things I want to see and do.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:36 pm
That sounds good to me too, ehBeth, I'm saving the name.

I looked at Priceline when I was going to NY, but was chicken because I don't know the neighborhoods.. where with a known hotel, I could ask people before I committed.. I guess I could have researched harder re neighborhoods and pinpointed where..

Hah, I just looked up the Empire Hotel that was mentioned as being better than the Y but the same money or less - here's the link, and it's $225. a night, gurgle.
http://www.1stnewyorkhotels.com/hotels/Empire.htm
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:29 am
Next time put the neighborhood on A2K in a question-- one of us, Kicky, Frank, Roberta, Lola -- will probably know or give you a good guess whether it's in a good area or one that when you check in, they ask you if you have a gun and if you say no, they give you one. Shocked
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:11 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
All this talk of hotels and the related expense is a bit puzzling to me. Are people so opposed to sleeping under bridges that it is no longer an option?

Infrastructure degrade...muffler buildup.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:13 am
bethie

I stayed there one weekend. Very small room, but otherwise quite acceptable for a short visit. Plunk in centre of midtown, so lots of cool NY architecture all about...and the new MOMA is only blocks away.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 06:50 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Next time put the neighborhood on A2K in a question-- one of us, Kicky, Frank, Roberta, Lola -- will probably know or give you a good guess whether it's in a good area or one that when you check in, they ask you if you have a gun and if you say no, they give you one. Shocked

Where I live they hand out sling-shots, rural.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 12:01 pm
blatham wrote:
bethie

I stayed there one weekend. Very small room, but otherwise quite acceptable for a short visit. Plunk in centre of midtown, so lots of cool NY architecture all about...and the new MOMA is only blocks away.

I'm pretty much sold on it now. thanks, blatham.
I've got incentive to get this sorted, work-wise, as their are some good flight deals on right now.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 08:10 pm
I started a thread to gather/collect info for the hoped-for trip.

If you don't get over there, this is for all of you lovely New Yawkers

http://img54.exs.cx/img54/1971/mail00474xg.jpg

ehBeth and hamburger in New York (1969)
If it's not about hats, it isn't important. :wink:
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 10:22 pm
do you have a link to your thread, Beth?
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 10:27 pm
Nice pic ehBeth.

Soooooo, hamburger is tall dark and handsome, thanks for the visual :-)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 10:30 pm
http://able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1126371#1126371

phew - for once, these two threads were near each other!
0 Replies