What would you suggest?

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2017 06:22 pm
I am in the process of getting a divorce from my husband. He has been away working in another country. I haven't seen him in nearly two years. There hasn't been any contact from him in over a year, even when he was served the divorce papers, he never called. I am also not getting any financial support from him.

My question is..... I still have his clothes and belongings in the house and would like to know what you think is the proper thing to do. He has not made any inquiries about his belonging either. I would like to use that space for something else because I definitely don't want him back here again. Is there a certain time period before anything can be moved? Has anyone been in this situation? Thank you in advance.

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2017 10:02 pm
@Angels102,
Your husband left for another country and you never heard from him again?
Aren't you concerned that he might not be alive anymore? Maybe something happened to him and that's the reason he hasn't responded. Do you know for sure?
Angels102

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2017 01:07 am
@CalamityJane,
I know he is still alive. He was served the divorce papers in person and has been in contact with my lawyer for the divorce proceedings. He just hasn't been in contact with me or his children.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2017 01:40 am
@Angels102,
Why don't you ask your lawyer? They could give you a far better answer than anyone here. For what it's worth, I'd put his stuff in storage a pay it for x amount of time. Send him the details and expiry date.
jespah

Reply Mon 23 Oct, 2017 06:21 am
@izzythepush,
I'd also have the storage company send the ex the bill.
Angels102

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2017 06:37 am
@jespah,
I'll consider that but it's complicated. Thanks for your input.
0 Replies