Does anyone know if there is anything else to take for the gerd condition except medication though.

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2017 02:21 am
I have the gerd condition for awhile already ya. I am taking medication for it though it don't really work that much anymore ya. Does anyone know of other things I can take to help with this condition. Thanks.

roger

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2017 02:48 am
@asiangal555,
Diet. Avoid spicy foods and don't drink coffee unless you just can't help it. There are probably other foods that will trigger it, too.

Just by the way, if you are taking some kind of prescription muscle relaxant, that might be responsible for at least part of it.
asiangal555

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2017 11:33 am
@roger,
Thanks. Do you know if drinking water cause more acid reflux though. How to know how much water to drink ya.
roger

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2017 12:05 pm
@asiangal555,
I don't know if excess water contributes to gerd or not. I kind of doubt it, but maybe. I had it for a few weeks while taking muscle relaxants, and coffee was instantly painful. Some foods seemed to set it off, too, but it took longer than coffee. I really think you should be looking at the food you eat, but I don't pretend to be an authority.
asiangal555

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2017 06:36 pm
@roger,
Do you know of any medication that may work for the gerd condition. Thanks. Ya I want to know more about it.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2017 06:40 pm
@asiangal555,
I have a mattress pad that slants my bed. I tried the wedge pillow first, but I kept sliding off it, so I bought the full mattress pad.

It works very well for me (in combination with the prescribed PPI).
asiangal555

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 03:41 am
@maxdancona,
Thanks for the advice. Can I ask which medication you are taking for the gerd condition. I want to find one that works ya.
0 Replies