What would you do?

kitkat bar

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 09:15 pm
makemeshiver33 wrote:

There is no such things as your Money? He'd just end up paying for it himself?

What happen to OUR.....money?

Is his father like this?

Surprisingly no...his whole entire family is Mormon and some of the nicest people you will ever meet. His parents are completely in love with each other and you can tell that his father gives his wife and his kids everything he can and will do whatever he can to make them happy. He is a very loving and very supporting man and both of his parents absolutly love me. He is nothing like his father, not even a fraction of his father. Being mormon, his family raised them with morals and good views but he just became one of those kids who rebelled against everything his parents were I guess.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 09:18 pm
Noddy24 wrote:

Kit_kat--

Please listen.

Its not that I am not listening, for the people that have read my other posts, they would know that it isn't the fact that I am too afraid to do something about it, its the fact that I don't have the money to leave yet. I have no where to go and we will soon be getting some therapy.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 11:10 pm
The therapy sounds like a good idea.

Be prepared for him to dislike the experience intensely--you're not supposed to have a "side"--he is the Head of His House.

All the same, stick with the therapy.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 02:26 pm
Bless your heart...I agree w/ Noddy. Be prepared, cause it will either be all your fault for the therapy/money spent on therapy etc, or he'll find fault with the therapist. There will be no others right in this, but him.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 10:29 pm
Therapist- hah!
As IF you could tear him away from (ahem) "your" TV long enough to see a Therapist!
0 Replies

winterwolf1965

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 04:31 pm
My husband is the same way.

He buys an expensive riding lawnmower > my fault, his mower.
He buys a brand new computer > my fault, his computer.
He buys a 32" TV > my fault, his TV.
He buys a 2003 Honda Rebel motorcycle > my fault, his motorcycle.

Guess what happened in the divorce.

My mower.
My computer.
My TV.
My motorcycle.

It was all purchased from a joint checking account into which I deposited all of my paychecks. Due to "comingled funds" it was construed that I paid for all these things.

Ain't Community Property great?

Damn. There really is some justice in the world.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 05:26 pm
Re: What would you do?
kitkat_bar wrote:
My husband brought up the idea to buy a big screen tv for our house. I thought it was a good idea because we had such a small tv. He comes up to me about two days before we buy the tv and tells me that Best Buy is having a really big sale on big screen tvs. A couple of days later we go to best buy to look at them. We both pick out one that we like and as we are waiting for the employees to cross the t's and dot the i's my husband goes into a rampage of complaining. It went from, "Ugh! I guess this is what you have to do when you get married is spend all sorts of money!" to, "Ugh! The ONLY reason I am doing this is because YOU want it so bad!" to, "Ugh! This is going to put me into horrible debt!" You know..telling me its my fault we are getting a tv and I am the only one that wanted it in the first place. So we get home and I tell him that I didn't know that this was going to be such a problem, maybe we should just call them and cancel it. He gets all pissed off and says "can't you just accept it as a gift from me to you?" I told him I would have accepted it if he didn't make me feel so guilty about recieving it. Then he told me how selfish I was. What would you do if your significant other gave you a gift and told you how much they hated having to give it to you? Would you still want it?

All I got to say KKB is thanks for the entertainement. It is slow today and I have nothing to do but read your posts to while away the time. You obviously don't want advice. You ignore all theadvice given to you. I guess you just want people to wallow in misery with you.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 11:11 pm
Re: What would you do?
Roxxxanne wrote:
kitkat_bar wrote:
My husband brought up the idea to buy a big screen tv for our house. I thought it was a good idea because we had such a small tv. He comes up to me about two days before we buy the tv and tells me that Best Buy is having a really big sale on big screen tvs. A couple of days later we go to best buy to look at them. We both pick out one that we like and as we are waiting for the employees to cross the t's and dot the i's my husband goes into a rampage of complaining. It went from, "Ugh! I guess this is what you have to do when you get married is spend all sorts of money!" to, "Ugh! The ONLY reason I am doing this is because YOU want it so bad!" to, "Ugh! This is going to put me into horrible debt!" You know..telling me its my fault we are getting a tv and I am the only one that wanted it in the first place. So we get home and I tell him that I didn't know that this was going to be such a problem, maybe we should just call them and cancel it. He gets all pissed off and says "can't you just accept it as a gift from me to you?" I told him I would have accepted it if he didn't make me feel so guilty about recieving it. Then he told me how selfish I was. What would you do if your significant other gave you a gift and told you how much they hated having to give it to you? Would you still want it?

All I got to say KKB is thanks for the entertainement. It is slow today and I have nothing to do but read your posts to while away the time. You obviously don't want advice. You ignore all theadvice given to you. I guess you just want people to wallow in misery with you.

Did you even read the thread about how I was taking advice and decided to stand up for myself?
0 Replies

Lordlindsey

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 05:12 am
I'm sure there's another side to this story. (His)
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 05:25 am
Im with the cancel it or shove it up his arse side of things.

Since when has a big screen TV which, to me, comes under the heading of 'boys n their toys' ever been something that a girl really wants to have!?
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Wed 17 May, 2006 05:35 am
It would go back to the shop or it would go out of the window!

And I believe my husband would know me better than to pull something like that!
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Thu 18 May, 2006 04:30 pm
Bohne wrote:
It would go back to the shop or it would go out of the window!

And I believe my husband would know me better than to pull something like that!

Lol...that is if you could move the damn thing, it weighs a ton!
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 01:44 am
So what DID happen to the TV, and the husband?
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 04:15 am
Bohne wrote:
So what DID happen to the TV, and the husband?

Well, lets just say I think I am more attached to the tv than I am my husband.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Fri 19 May, 2006 04:35 am
How sad!

Sad
0 Replies