Drug Firms Issue Memos on Michael Moore

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 12:53 pm
Pharm sales is more "shmoozing," then hard selling. Also, I guess a doctor's office can be filled with salespeople at any given time waiting to see him/her....and doctors hate the drug reps for the most part.

I've also heard some drug companies will pay a doctor to speak at their convention, touting the company's product(s), it's just a way around directly paying the doctor to use the company's drugs.

When I interviewed for a position selling spinal implants, the guy told me he wouldn't even consider hiring someone coming out of pharma sales, and I've seen "no pharma reps" posted on other medical equipment/supplies job postings. That should tell you something.

Granted, there are people that do very well at it, but it's such an overhyped job it's ridiculous.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 08:30 am
The medical community has been taken in by the pharmacy reps. That is a given. The medical model is a sickness model, rather than a wellness model. That too, is a given. Personally, I think that the entire industry needs to be revamped. Fortunately, there is enough alternative medicine around, that if people want to, they can break away from the traditional medical model............"you break, we fix".

Farmerman is right on target when he says that the reps have taken a page from the heroin hawkers. The first dose is free...............................

I think that Moore has another agenda, that is beyond health care. I won't tip my hand now. I would like to see if anyone else has thought about what Moore's ultimate goal might be by attacking the pharmaceutical industry would be. Anyone care to speculate?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 08:57 am
Uh, money?

Since he is the one making the film I don't have a problem with him pocketing a few bucks.

Or, to change pharmaceutical lobbying since they tend to go GOP?

I don't have a problem with that either. And, I doubt you have a problem with the GOP attack on lawyers and forcing limits on judgements to injured citizens to the benefit of corporations.

Or, perhaps his real agenda is to legalize pot since he's also going after the insurance industry, HMO's and the Food and Drug Administration?

Am I even close?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 09:04 am
I think his real hidden agenda is to f(#k Jodie Foster....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 09:12 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I think his real hidden agenda is to f(#k Jodie Foster....

Well, that may be a side issue, but that was not what I was thinking about! Laughing
0 Replies

gozmo

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 04:14 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
The medical community has been taken in by the pharmacy reps. That is a given. The medical model is a sickness model, rather than a wellness model. That too, is a given. Personally, I think that the entire industry needs to be revamped. Fortunately, there is enough alternative medicine around, that if people want to, they can break away from the traditional medical model............"you break, we fix".

Farmerman is right on target when he says that the reps have taken a page from the heroin hawkers. The first dose is free...............................

I think that Moore has another agenda, that is beyond health care. I won't tip my hand now. I would like to see if anyone else has thought about what Moore's ultimate goal might be by attacking the pharmaceutical industry would be. Anyone care to speculate?

Why does Moore need a hidden agenda ? Surely you who thinks "the entire industry needs to be revamped" agree there is a story in need of telling here. That happens to be the nature of Michael Moore's business.
0 Replies