Mind control in the Media

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2017 02:35 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Gosh, those ungrateful wretches, failing to thank their former oppressors for deciding to oppress them just a little bit less

I mean, can you imagine? The nerve!

Cycloptichorn

As I said, etiquette dictates saying thank you. One does not have to show gratitude for anything, but it might have long term consequences that snowball.

Oh, lots of things have 'long-term consequences.' I'm sure I don't have to tell you that it doesn't take very long for the formerly oppressed to become the oppressors themselves. Perhaps not demanding thanks from people who owe one's group literally no thanks whatsoever would be a good way to short-circuit that from happening.

Cycloptichorn
maxdancona

Reply Fri 29 Sep, 2017 02:48 pm
@longlivetrump,
Quote:
Is the level of mind control in the Mass Media at a level that's higher than ever before?

No. Compared to the 1980s, or the 1940s, or the 1860s, or the 1770s.... actually, we might have less "mind control" than ever.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2017 12:22 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Since we are subscribing to different paradigms of how one should respond to those who may have been less than cordial at some past time, we have nothing to say to each other. I am not proselytizing, and I hope you are not trying to proselytize to me.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 30 Sep, 2017 12:31 pm
Bump
0 Replies

longlivetrump

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2017 04:44 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Excuse me, 'ccloptichorn', in response to your comment about me being a "
Russian Troll, trying to stir up ****", I can assure you I am anything but that. if you really must know I am a British Student from a County called Leicestershire but I doubt you've heard of it. The reason for this post was, I am doing a research project for my extended qualification, and the topic is basically the question I have asked
so whatever basement you live in or rock you live under, assuming I am a Russian troll is ridiculous. T

There is a zero percent chance this dude is anything but a Russian troll, trying to stir up ****.

Cycloptichorn
tibbleinparadise

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2017 06:53 am
@longlivetrump,
There are a lot of trolls on here and a fare number of regular folks that troll specific posts and/or people. Who cares where they are from, a trolls a troll.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2017 08:40 am
@tibbleinparadise,
You talk as if being a troll is a bad thing. We are welcome here as well and everyone should have the right to express their opinions.

And... in many cases the trolls are regular folks.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2017 10:15 am
@longlivetrump,
You're a liar. I don't even believe English is your first language.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2017 01:09 pm
@maxdancona,
I agree, folks are free to express their thoughts and opinions, and I don't have an issue with that. A "troll" isn't somebody that is simply expressing a thought or an opinion. A "troll" is somebody that posts with the express intent of stirring the waters of discontent. Trolls aren't interested in constructive discussion, no, they are happy to piss folks off and will post whatever they need in order to do so.
0 Replies

cameronleon

Reply Fri 6 Oct, 2017 04:59 pm
@longlivetrump,
Quote:
Is the level of mind control in the Mass Media at a level that's higher than ever before?

It might be yes, but the strategy of the mind controllers is very amateur. You can notice that they just improvise most of the time.
0 Replies