A Phone Call Before Christmas

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 12:46 pm
An elderly man in Phoenix calls his son in New York and says: "I hate to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are getting a divorce; 42 years of misery is enough."

"Pop, what are you talking about?" the son asks, flabbergasted.

"We can't stand the sight of each other any longer," the old man says. "We're sick and tired of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Chicago and tell her." And he hangs up.

Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone: "Like HECK they're getting a divorce," she shouts. "I'll take care of this."

She calls Phoenix immediately and screams at her father: "You are NOT getting divorced! Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?" And she hangs up.

The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. "They're coming for Christmas and paying their own way."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 635 • Replies: 1
No top replies

shunammite

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 01:15 pm
That was awesome, thanks. I passed it on, lol...merry christmas indeed.

God rest ye merry..
0 Replies