kerik takes the low road out of town

dyslexia

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:12 am
Re: kerik takes the low road out of town
McGentrix wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
So two weeks ago we have Kerik up and ready to take over the immense task of leading Homeland Defence, in walks his past so he turns to "spending more time with his family" and oh yeah "clearing my good name" so he withdraws from the Bush nomination and today resigns from the Giuliani Corp. The man has less integrity than Spiro Agnew. But then, it's not easy for a politico to fess up with honesty.

Obviously, you know little about integrity.

Your judgement of me is interesting, it illuminates your judgment in many areas.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:16 am
I admit that I will denigrate any Republican any time. However, Rudy was embroiled in the the thing with his wife and all the press seemed anti Rudy at the time. He was soon to leave office amid the turmoil, which I only witnessed from Texas. Unlike right wingers, I know the press, being owned by right wingers, is not liberal that often.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:20 am
Quote:
I admit that I will denigrate any Republican any time.

That is quite an admission, Edgarblythe. So then, I really can't count on you to provide any objective comments, can I!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:26 am
dyslexia wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
So two weeks ago we have Kerik up and ready to take over the immense task of leading Homeland Defence, in walks his past so he turns to "spending more time with his family" and oh yeah "clearing my good name" so he withdraws from the Bush nomination and today resigns from the Giuliani Corp. The man has less integrity than Spiro Agnew. But then, it's not easy for a politico to fess up with honesty.

Your judgement of me is interesting, it illuminates your judgment in many areas.

I can only judge what you say.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:30 am
Personally I think, given Kerik's past, he did the right thing by stepping down from the nomination--he should have demurred--and he stepped down from Rudy's corp, too--the right thing, before infecting Rudy with his bad rep.

Once bad and found out--he did the right thing, IMO.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:35 am
Lash wrote:
Personally I think, given Kerik's past, he did the right thing by stepping down from the nomination--he should have demurred--and he stepped down from Rudy's corp, too--the right thing, before infecting Rudy with his bad rep.

Once bad and found out--he did the right thing, IMO.

Yet some still believe he lacks integrity.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:35 am
McGentrix wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
dyslexia wrote:

I can only judge what you say.

Then do so without without attempting to smear me instead of what I say. Perhaps you could give us examples of what it is about Kerik you find ethical.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:37 am
He fell on his sword, instead of dragging Bush, Rudy, and the US down into the toilet on a personal crusade to get that job.

That is evidence of some integrity.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:38 am
You said he lacked integrity, not ethics. The man is a hero and I shouldn't need to defend him. His record speaks for itself.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:40 am
Was I there? Yes, and no. From my terrace I could see the towers burning, smell the smoke and see the ashes on the streets. MY son who was working in the WTC area had just come out of the subway and thanks to an NYCity cop was helped to get away from the area the smoke being so thick he could not see or breath. . . If there were any heroes it was the police and fireman who risked their lives in helping people. You are right in one respect the people needed a hero and thus we have Rudy. But in the cold light of day what did he do that was so heroic or extraordinary.
As for Rudy running for president, fugedabotit. Rudy is an NY republican which will never pass muster with the republican base. To them an NY republican is a democrat with a republican label.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:43 am
Rudy could get the nomination.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:44 am
He's my kind of Republican.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:45 am
I like him alot.

I'd work for him.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:45 am
Howard Dean would sooner get the Republican nomination.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:47 am
Skeered of Rudy, eh?

He's huge with the GOP. He can write his ticket--if he doesn't screw up between now and then...
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:49 am
Lash wrote
Quote:
He fell on his sword, instead of dragging Bush, Rudy, and the US down into the toilet on a personal crusade to get that job.

That sword was of his own making. Apparently some here seem to believe that his behavior was not the problem getting ensnared by it was.
0 Replies

ForeverYoung

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:49 am
Lash wrote:
He's huge with the GOP. He can write his ticket--if he doesn't screw up between now and then...

... which brings us back to the actual motive behind the Kerik flap ...
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:51 am
Lash wrote:
Skeered of Rudy, eh?

He ain't huge with the Moral Majority, being pro-choice and all.

Nominating Guliani would be (to quote Rove) a gift that would keep on giving.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:52 am
AU--

After Clinton, the Democrats may as well shut their holes about morality and past foibles. Nobody's listening to them anymore.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:59 am
I can submit objective comments, which is why I avoid most political threads. I post only when I am sure I will post truthfully and not emotionally.
0 Replies