You don't go to heaven...

Christian0912

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 10:59 pm
@MontereyJack,
Not understanding an basic cultural reference doesn't make someone a heathen. Be a good little boy and go check your definitions before you use it as an insult.
Christian0912

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 11:02 pm
@Sturgis,
Thanks for actually responding like a mature person. It's appreciated.

How do you know that when Jesus says He prepares a place for us, it means heaven? I mean, it's easy to assume that, but it doesn't actually say "I prepare a place for you in heaven". Jesus is preparing a place for us, there's no doubt about that, but in my opinion, I don't think Jesus is talking about heaven. Because why would Jesus contradict (John 3:13) something that is in the Bible?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 11:10 pm
@Christian0912,
WHY DON'T YOU check your definitions before you spout off. From dictionary.com for "heathen":.
Informal. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.

miss a basic cultural reference and you fit. Never applied just to religious/irreligious dichotomies.
Christian0912

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 11:51 pm
@MontereyJack,
Haha, at least you tried. Go to Google and type in 'heathen'. The definition reads: a person who does not belong to a widely held religion (especially one who is not a Christian, Jew, or Muslim) as regarded by those who do.

You do know that the little number before the definition, in the case of your definition, 2., means that it has not AS true as the one before. The first definition from dictionary.com reads: an individual of a people that do not acknowledge the God of the Bible; a person who is neither a Jew, Christian, nor Muslim; a pagan.
So again be a good boy, get your facts straight and try again.
MontereyJack

Reply Fri 22 Sep, 2017 11:59 pm
@Christian0912,
Jeez, where did you go to school? They should rescind your diploma. The number does NOT mean one is not as true as the other. It means roughly 1 is used in more cses than 2, or than three or four. Some common words may have fifteen or twenty different usages and meanings, but number 10 is not less true than 1. As it happens you fit case 2 which is JUSTAS TRUE A USAGE AS NUMBER ONE, That you don't know that makes my ysage of the word just more fitting.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:01 am
@Christian0912,
Jeez, where did you go to school? They should rescind your diploma. The number does NOT mean one is not as true as the other. It means roughly 1 is used in more cses than 2, or than three or four. Some common words may have fifteen or twenty different usages and meanings, but number 10 is not less true than 1. As it happens you fit case 2 which is JUSTAS TRUE A USAGE AS NUMBER ONE, it just fits different circumstances. My god, you really are a heathen (sense 2).
0 Replies

Christian0912

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:02 am
@MontereyJack,
Haha. You're trying to be all smart with me, but you made so many grammar & punctuation mistakes in that sentence.
cses?
JUSTAS?
Not ending in a full stop?
Your ending doesn't even make sense!
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:05 am
@Christian0912,
They're typing mistakes. I'm a rotten typist. I'm American. We don't use full stops. We use periods. And I'm the one who is right.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:14 am
@Christian0912,
Is hell still open ? I've got a flexible ticket.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:18 am
@Christian0912,
Perhaps you should discuss this with folks in your Sunday School class....it appears no one here is interested in engaging you. But you might be considered a thoughtful, grace filled Christ lover in another forum. Good luck in your quest for an audience.
Christian0912

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:21 am
@glitterbag,
I don't know if you're being a smart alec or not, but I don't think so. Thanks anyway.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 01:35 am
@Christian0912,
You are wasting your time (no skin off my nose) but you believe heaven is verboten to everyone. If that is what you believe, stick with it, don't annoy everyone else with your cherry picked bible verses.
Think about this, has anyone shown even a tiny interest in your post....no, they don't care....you will only be frustrated if you continue to impinge on the others. This forum is wide ranging, a few like to discuss religious absolutes, but that's the key word, a 'few'. I have been the beneficiary of a vast education on world religions. I will not pretend to be an expert in biblical interpretations but I know enough to tell you, you are running on empty. just trying to save you some frustration...but it's your life kiddo....go do God's work and stop complaining.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 01:44 am
True Heaven is a place on Earth a hardcore gay club in London.
http://cdn.partyearth.com/photos/d9ba7f9cb2041e608dc1c866353800b3/heaven_s345x230.jpg?1375039597

http://grumpygaycritic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/The-cast-of-CLOSER-TO-HEAVEN.-Photo-Credit-DARREN-BELL.jpg
Christian0912

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 02:06 am
@izzythepush,
You're entitled to your opinion. As am I.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 02:07 am
@Christian0912,
The main difference is I have proof, you have none. Where's your photographic evidence?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 02:17 am
I like the way this jackass tells people to get lost. In a post in another thread, he (?) made a comment about being at a christian forum. I think this joker must have made a wrong turn in Albuquerque.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 02:21 am
@Christian0912,
Christian0912 wrote:
an basic cultural reference

This joker sneers as MJ for grammatical errors. Ha!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 10:43 am
@Sturgis,
Jesus Christ also promised heaven, but only to a certain group. He said only " thru me could you get to the Father."

Kind of like a private country club, I suppose.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2017 12:32 pm
@PUNKEY,
Quote:
Kind of like a private country club, I suppose.

I think it had something to with believing in and then accepting Jesus as the Savior.
So the Jews were excluded again. Crying or Very sad

Being raised Jewish/Methodist with several years of Rosicrucian stuff fed to me, I get confused as to who is said to have said what.

(as well as what is and what is not)
0 Replies

Christian0912

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 12:39 am
@glitterbag,
Actually, a lot of people care. Including you. That's why they, and you, took the time to respond.