0
   

The Prison

 
 
Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 06:50 am
I had a dream last night where I was in some kinda prison. It was one of these dreams where you wake up and forget most details, but I remember being very uncomfortable, and trying repeatedly to escape, and each time they'd tighten the chains.

The thing is, we are in an ontological prison. We exist, and we are given free will, and fact is, we can't escape this world. Yes, I believe in flat Earth, no it doesn't really matter, because it's clear that a fast moving rotating/orbiting/wobbling world would toss any would be spaceships back to Earth. And it's clear that they only go up to convince us there is a curvature, fly to the left or right, then spend two months camping out. We never see the pod come back in, btw. But NASA thanks you for your huge tax contributions. Whether the Earth is flat or not, nobody, not millionaires, nor important people can escape it. And supposing we did, it's just space. Like all exploration, where we go doesn't really free us. We humans are stuck here inside a prison, often with our hearts and minds chained instead of hands and feet.

Lemne explain. When you were a kid, you probably took a Merry Go Round. The ride was sorta fun for that age, but you didn't really move anywhere. Both flat and round models of Earth have a problem of being on a world where you curve back to your original position (contrary to popular opinion, no you cannot fall off the Earth on flat Earth, but the difference between a flat Earth and round is that heading south wouldn't circle you back around, either getting you to a wall, infinite space, curving east or west, or some unknown land that they don't want you to know about; I suspect probably it curves). Likewise, the only real destination for outer space would be a world you could live on. Contrary to the wild boasts of NASA, they tell us the nearest Earthlike planet of millions of light years away. We're not gonna reach anywhere new, it's just location anyway. In the story of Sun Wukong, he travels to the ends of existence but yet can never leave Buddha's hand. We can't escape Plato's Cave and travel outside this reality.

In this world, in this life, we try to reach a sense of freedom. This is the fascination with outer space, being somewhere that hasn't been settled. Aiken is my own religion, and I drafted it because having studied other religions, the founder always set the theories based around their life. Jesus, Buddha, Moses, Muhammad, all of these grew up in conditions that determined what they taught (I did grow up as a Christian, and I do believe Jesus is who he says he is, but he was nevertheless constrained to talk to the time and place that he dealt with, the oppressive society of Rome). I would describe my religion as "flavor" flavored ice cream, since while I too had experiences, my beliefs were about the idea of belief itself and why it develops. As personal religion, I value the idea of free will and independence.

But how does one achieve this? Striking out on your own, typically you find that even if you're successful, all that is waiting for you is bills and loneliness. I spent a year going from place to place, semi-homeless, working as a farmer. I didn't find the freedom I'm looking for. I worked jobs, but this idea of independence eluded me. I lived in an apartment and found most of my money was room and board, and I was traveling alot to try to meet people. I could never make enough to actually do what I wanted to do. I lived at home, without rent, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to earn. Eventually, I got fed up with my boss. And I can tell you that trying to be free hard enough might run you afoul of the law, and get you arrested instead. What exactly is freedom and how does one achieve it?

  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,022 • Replies: 18
No top replies

 
View best answer, chosen by bulmabriefs144
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 07:27 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:


I had a dream last night where I was in some kinda prison. It was one of these dreams where you wake up and forget most details, but I remember being very uncomfortable, and trying repeatedly to escape, and each time they'd tighten the chains.

The thing is, we are in an ontological prison. We exist, and we are given free will, and fact is, we can't escape this world. Yes, I believe in flat Earth, no it doesn't really matter, because it's clear that a fast moving rotating/orbiting/wobbling world would toss any would be spaceships back to Earth. And it's clear that they only go up to convince us there is a curvature, fly to the left or right, then spend two months camping out. We never see the pod come back in, btw. But NASA thanks you for your huge tax contributions. Whether the Earth is flat or not, nobody, not millionaires, nor important people can escape it. And supposing we did, it's just space. Like all exploration, where we go doesn't really free us. We humans are stuck here inside a prison, often with our hearts and minds chained instead of hands and feet.

Lemne explain. When you were a kid, you probably took a Merry Go Round. The ride was sorta fun for that age, but you didn't really move anywhere. Both flat and round models of Earth have a problem of being on a world where you curve back to your original position (contrary to popular opinion, no you cannot fall off the Earth on flat Earth, but the difference between a flat Earth and round is that heading south wouldn't circle you back around, either getting you to a wall, infinite space, curving east or west, or some unknown land that they don't want you to know about; I suspect probably it curves). Likewise, the only real destination for outer space would be a world you could live on. Contrary to the wild boasts of NASA, they tell us the nearest Earthlike planet of millions of light years away. We're not gonna reach anywhere new, it's just location anyway. In the story of Sun Wukong, he travels to the ends of existence but yet can never leave Buddha's hand. We can't escape Plato's Cave and travel outside this reality.

In this world, in this life, we try to reach a sense of freedom. This is the fascination with outer space, being somewhere that hasn't been settled. Aiken is my own religion, and I drafted it because having studied other religions, the founder always set the theories based around their life. Jesus, Buddha, Moses, Muhammad, all of these grew up in conditions that determined what they taught (I did grow up as a Christian, and I do believe Jesus is who he says he is, but he was nevertheless constrained to talk to the time and place that he dealt with, the oppressive society of Rome). I would describe my religion as "flavor" flavored ice cream, since while I too had experiences, my beliefs were about the idea of belief itself and why it develops. As personal religion, I value the idea of free will and independence.

But how does one achieve this? Striking out on your own, typically you find that even if you're successful, all that is waiting for you is bills and loneliness. I spent a year going from place to place, semi-homeless, working as a farmer. I didn't find the freedom I'm looking for. I worked jobs, but this idea of independence eluded me. I lived in an apartment and found most of my money was room and board, and I was traveling alot to try to meet people. I could never make enough to actually do what I wanted to do. I lived at home, without rent, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to earn. Eventually, I got fed up with my boss. And I can tell you that trying to be free hard enough might run you afoul of the law, and get you arrested instead. What exactly is freedom and how does one achieve it?


Depends on who is looking for the "freedom."

In your case, it would be good to start with a competent psychiatrist...and an investment in a decade of decent mental health care. Then, the process from there will become clear on its own.

Seriously!
bulmabriefs144
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 08:09 am
@Frank Apisa,
You didn't give a good answer. A therapy ward is a pretty sure way of getting locked away for the next ten years. Probably twenty, as they will want to "assess" me some more. The thing is, this isn't freedom.

Besides which, you've yet to ever prove that I'm any more crazy than you. Especially with your last post, I have my doubts about your ability to recognize when people do something wrong or creepy, displacing it against the person who told you about it. This is very similar to the dysfunctional mentality of a battered wife. Another guy tells them, "Ummm that's abuse and you should leave" and they're like "My husband is a loving man. He would never hurt me! Get away from me, you awful person."

https://s-i.huffpost.com/gen/2201616/images/o-ABUSED-WOMAN-facebook.jpg

The worst type of mental illness is denial, because it enslaves us to false perception.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 08:54 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

You didn't give a good answer.


Correct. I gave an EXCELLENT answer.

Quote:
A therapy ward is a pretty sure way of getting locked away for the next ten years. Probably twenty, as they will want to "assess" me some more. The thing is, this isn't freedom.


I did not say anything about a "therapy ward."

For you, "freedom" is about a lot more than being able to roam as you want...and to do what you want. You have got to be free of your demons...in order to experience "freedom."

Quote:
Besides which, you've yet to ever prove that I'm any more crazy than you.


I have no intention of "proving" anything to you. I am merely having a discussion...expressing opinions on some of the things you write.


Quote:
Especially with your last post, I have my doubts about your ability to recognize when people do something wrong or creepy, displacing it against the person who told you about it.


Not sure where you got that from, but I suspect it is from the same place your get your "flat Earth" nonsense. Get a better source.


Quote:
This is very similar to the dysfunctional mentality of a battered wife. Another guy tells them, "Ummm that's abuse and you should leave" and they're like "My husband is a loving man. He would never hurt me! Get away from me, you awful person."

https://s-i.huffpost.com/gen/2201616/images/o-ABUSED-WOMAN-facebook.jpg

The worst type of mental illness is denial, because it enslaves us to false perception.


On that, we agree. Any person kidding themselves about a spouse, is setting up a horror show world for themselves.

But that does not impact on what I have said on the other things.
bulmabriefs144
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 09:14 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Not sure where you got that from, but I suspect it is from the same place your get your "flat Earth" nonsense. Get a better source.


Actually my source is you. I suppose I should get a better source. :')

You basically say that you are completely cool with having a leader of the free world grope little children, send the rest of us into poverty trying to buy gas and groceries, and forcing us to buy cars that require we stay put for 10+ hours.

You are acting like a battered wife and when I call you on it, you tell me how crazy and mean I am.

I think the reason alot of us vote for leaders to run our lives is because we are too codependent to run our own. We need that insufferable tyrant to tell us to murder someone or threaten us with dire consequences if we don't take them jab like good little boys and girls.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 09:46 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:

Quote:
Not sure where you got that from, but I suspect it is from the same place your get your "flat Earth" nonsense. Get a better source.


Actually my source is you. I suppose I should get a better source. :')

You basically say that you are completely cool with having a leader of the free world grope little children, send the rest of us into poverty trying to buy gas and groceries, and forcing us to buy cars that require we stay put for 10+ hours.

You are acting like a battered wife and when I call you on it, you tell me how crazy and mean I am.


I think the reason alot of us vote for leaders to run our lives is because we are too codependent to run our own. We need that insufferable tyrant to tell us to murder someone or threaten us with dire consequences if we don't take them jab like good little boys and girls.


I have never said or intimated any of the things you just mentioned.

You do seem mentally unbalanced to me...and I have mentioned that. I have also suggested that you seek mental health help.

I stick with those things.
bulmabriefs144
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2022 07:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You shill for Biden whenever you post your signature.

Something like "On his worst day, Biden is better than Trump." I wonder if that has ever been true, actually. Given that you have had around 40,000 posts (roughly 40x what I've posted in my entire time here, though I suspect that has more to do with the length of my posts), and you've probably had that for at least 2 years, that's basically saying the same message 5000 to 10,000 times. This is literally how big a fan of Biden you are. By contrast, I say very little in favor of any politician.

Wanna know why? It's because if elected president, I will immediately abolish the position, having people instead vote on laws directly. Vote for Samantha 2024!

Moreover, it's who you agree with that determines what you are really saying. You agree with someone who doesn't care that Biden raises gas prices. You agree with someone who doesn't care that Biden has essentially ruined this country at every turn. You'll have to explain to me how that signature is true btw, I have not yet seen anything Biden does remotely better than Trump or even Bush, Clinton, or Obama.
And you agree with someone who doesn't care that Biden grabs little children on national TV, some of which are shown to visibly flinch from his touch (what's even more disgusting is the fact that at one clip I saw, the parents were actively dragging the girl towards Biden). As a child, I had folks touch me on the back of the shoulder at parties. People I didn't know. This is something family members can maybe do, but it's an invasion of boundaries for most people. And Biden typically escalates. Once they let him touch their shoulder, he moves to grabbing their hair, sniffing them, or even grabbing them around the waist. Ummm dude, you grab a grown woman around the waist when you're dancing with her. Not a girl of 12, who is not related to you, and who is basically sold out by her parents and can't trust anyone to be safe any more. This is a deep betrayal of a person and leaves them psychologically scarred for life. Enough so there are ******* lawyers who will put the hurt on you if you do it.
https://www.wmlawyers.com/2020/09/long-term-effects-child-molestation/
Today, I don't like being touched at all. And this is a shame, because I really need to be touched, especially hugged. I can personally imagine how screwed up these children will be in a few years, and I didn't even get that much bad touching as a kid.

This just in, while I was writing, my dad mentions Creepy Joe showering with her apparently, and she thinks this "may have" fueled her sex addiction and drug problem.
https://www.nationandstate.com/2021/12/17/nyt-reveals-how-ashley-bidens-inappropriate-showers-with-joe-diary-made-its-way-to-project-veritas/
Apparently, they're more interested in getting the diary back than (again) actually doing anything about this fucked up relationship.

The solution to everything isn't therapy.
In fact, most problems boil down to social issues. Dad molested you, Mom walked out on you, wife died, husband used to beat you. Popping pills or getting electroshock therapy doesn't do a damned thing. Normal relationships is the only real therapy.

I might seem mentally unbalanced. You know what though? I am far less mentally unhealthy than a man who pretends his family is perfect which they fight behind closed doors. Or a woman who pretends to be normal, but has an insatiable desire for sex. Or a man who upon discovering that a secret of his of only minor embarrassment is known, goes ahead and kills any people who know. What is the common point of all these issues? It's that secrecy about neuroses is actually worse than the thing itself. Flat Earth? Small potatoes. Pretending to be normal? Huge issue, especially since if I were to know even one flaw of said "normal" person, they would probably become violent towards me. Oh noooo, he knows about my drinking problem or my affair, I will need to kill him. I am decidedly non-neurotic about secrets since I don't care who knows about my crossdressing, or anything else. Izzy thinks I'm attention whoring. That's not it either. There is nothing in life that one should feel embarrassed about. Period.

Therapist admits there's actually no such thing as normal.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/living-automatic/201905/surprise-there-s-no-such-thing-normal
This was not a surprise to me.

Quote:
In over 40 years of clinical psychiatric practice, I have not found anyone who is normal.


The author goes on to say that the idea of therapy is a dirty word that stigmatizes the idea that all of us may need therapy. That what most of us have is emotional conditioning which acts as a cover for social situations. Basically, we wear masks because not being "normal" is heavily stigmatized, as is the idea of getting help. That the psych business suffers from unwilling clients.

Yes, I need therapy when I become depressed (flat Earth is not characteristic of a delusion, sorry; a delusion is something not congruent with reality that people reject evidence to the contrary, but I can clearly see on a daily basis that I do not get motion sickness from the movement of the Earth, that water does not curve toward the horizon, and that light does not bend around some imaginary curve). But I can easily get out of a depressive funk by hanging around friends and family or doing something fun. Meanwhile, let's talk about your Trump derangement syndrome. I think you need a few rounds of electroshock.



Now, back to my actual topic. Are you going to legit answer it, or recommend more mental help?
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 02:51 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:


You shill for Biden whenever you post your signature.

Something like "On his worst day, Biden is better than Trump." I wonder if that has ever been true, actually. Given that you have had around 40,000 posts (roughly 40x what I've posted in my entire time here, though I suspect that has more to do with the length of my posts), and you've probably had that for at least 2 years, that's basically saying the same message 5000 to 10,000 times. This is literally how big a fan of Biden you are. By contrast, I say very little in favor of any politician.

Wanna know why? It's because if elected president, I will immediately abolish the position, having people instead vote on laws directly. Vote for Samantha 2024!

Moreover, it's who you agree with that determines what you are really saying. You agree with someone who doesn't care that Biden raises gas prices. You agree with someone who doesn't care that Biden has essentially ruined this country at every turn. You'll have to explain to me how that signature is true btw, I have not yet seen anything Biden does remotely better than Trump or even Bush, Clinton, or Obama.
And you agree with someone who doesn't care that Biden grabs little children on national TV, some of which are shown to visibly flinch from his touch (what's even more disgusting is the fact that at one clip I saw, the parents were actively dragging the girl towards Biden). As a child, I had folks touch me on the back of the shoulder at parties. People I didn't know. This is something family members can maybe do, but it's an invasion of boundaries for most people. And Biden typically escalates. Once they let him touch their shoulder, he moves to grabbing their hair, sniffing them, or even grabbing them around the waist. Ummm dude, you grab a grown woman around the waist when you're dancing with her. Not a girl of 12, who is not related to you, and who is basically sold out by her parents and can't trust anyone to be safe any more. This is a deep betrayal of a person and leaves them psychologically scarred for life. Enough so there are ******* lawyers who will put the hurt on you if you do it.
https://www.wmlawyers.com/2020/09/long-term-effects-child-molestation/
Today, I don't like being touched at all. And this is a shame, because I really need to be touched, especially hugged. I can personally imagine how screwed up these children will be in a few years, and I didn't even get that much bad touching as a kid.

This just in, while I was writing, my dad mentions Creepy Joe showering with her apparently, and she thinks this "may have" fueled her sex addiction and drug problem.
https://www.nationandstate.com/2021/12/17/nyt-reveals-how-ashley-bidens-inappropriate-showers-with-joe-diary-made-its-way-to-project-veritas/
Apparently, they're more interested in getting the diary back than (again) actually doing anything about this fucked up relationship.

The solution to everything isn't therapy.
In fact, most problems boil down to social issues. Dad molested you, Mom walked out on you, wife died, husband used to beat you. Popping pills or getting electroshock therapy doesn't do a damned thing. Normal relationships is the only real therapy.

I might seem mentally unbalanced. You know what though? I am far less mentally unhealthy than a man who pretends his family is perfect which they fight behind closed doors. Or a woman who pretends to be normal, but has an insatiable desire for sex. Or a man who upon discovering that a secret of his of only minor embarrassment is known, goes ahead and kills any people who know. What is the common point of all these issues? It's that secrecy about neuroses is actually worse than the thing itself. Flat Earth? Small potatoes. Pretending to be normal? Huge issue, especially since if I were to know even one flaw of said "normal" person, they would probably become violent towards me. Oh noooo, he knows about my drinking problem or my affair, I will need to kill him. I am decidedly non-neurotic about secrets since I don't care who knows about my crossdressing, or anything else. Izzy thinks I'm attention whoring. That's not it either. There is nothing in life that one should feel embarrassed about. Period.

Therapist admits there's actually no such thing as normal.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/living-automatic/201905/surprise-there-s-no-such-thing-normal
This was not a surprise to me.

Quote:
In over 40 years of clinical psychiatric practice, I have not found anyone who is normal.


The author goes on to say that the idea of therapy is a dirty word that stigmatizes the idea that all of us may need therapy. That what most of us have is emotional conditioning which acts as a cover for social situations. Basically, we wear masks because not being "normal" is heavily stigmatized, as is the idea of getting help. That the psych business suffers from unwilling clients.

Yes, I need therapy when I become depressed (flat Earth is not characteristic of a delusion, sorry; a delusion is something not congruent with reality that people reject evidence to the contrary, but I can clearly see on a daily basis that I do not get motion sickness from the movement of the Earth, that water does not curve toward the horizon, and that light does not bend around some imaginary curve). But I can easily get out of a depressive funk by hanging around friends and family or doing something fun. Meanwhile, let's talk about your Trump derangement syndrome. I think you need a few rounds of electroshock.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay5HmciZhXg[/youtube]

Now, back to my actual topic. Are you going to legit answer it, or recommend more mental help?



I have no idea of what your "actual topic" is, Bulma, but recommending more mental health for you is never a bad idea.
bulmabriefs144
 
  -2  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 06:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
It is if you don't understand the actual problem.

The psychiatric community defines delusions as bizarre and non-bizarre.
You seem to be saying that that I should at best see a therapist and at worst be locked away. This for something that I can prove (and thereby isn't delusion but alt-science). Meanwhile you have a number of non-bizarre political delusions, such as delusions of another man's competence. On Biden's very best day, he is worse politician than... an artichoke. An artichoke at least has sense enough to do nothing. But weird ideas? No, I can carry out a normal life without psychological intervention.

The condition of psychiatric warding is if you're a danger to yourself or others. There is actually nothing dangerous about believing in a flat Earth. There might be if I charter a boat, risking my own life and orhers to navigate through icy seas. Now, an actual condition that might be an issue is my chronic depression.

On the other hand, Trump derangement results in a serious danger to others. You elect a terrible president who literally drives people into poverty. Since poverty causes death, you are responsible for all lives lost due to Biden's screwed up policies, but especially for any lost in Afghanistan.

And you still haven't addressed the main topic. What makes a person a prisoner, and how does one become truly free?
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 07:40 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:


It is if you don't understand the actual problem.

The psychiatric community defines delusions as bizarre and non-bizarre.
You seem to be saying that that I should at best see a therapist and at worst be locked away. This for something that I can prove (and thereby isn't delusion but alt-science). Meanwhile you have a number of non-bizarre political delusions, such as delusions of another man's competence. On Biden's very best day, he is worse politician than... an artichoke. An artichoke at least has sense enough to do nothing. But weird ideas? No, I can carry out a normal life without psychological intervention.

The condition of psychiatric warding is if you're a danger to yourself or others. There is actually nothing dangerous about believing in a flat Earth. There might be if I charter a boat, risking my own life and orhers to navigate through icy seas. Now, an actual condition that might be an issue is my chronic depression.

On the other hand, Trump derangement results in a serious danger to others. You elect a terrible president who literally drives people into poverty. Since poverty causes death, you are responsible for all lives lost due to Biden's screwed up policies, but especially for any lost in Afghanistan.

And you still haven't addressed the main topic. What makes a person a prisoner, and how does one become truly free?


I am told that "the truth" will set you free. I try always to speak the truth.
bulmabriefs144
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2022 09:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I see. The turth, huh? You want the turth?
(I'm intentionally spelling "truth" wrong here to riff on you)

You can't handle the truth.

A round Earther says that because Earth is round, you can see these distances at higher elevations.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/816868397836926996/988273602635923486/ElevationSightDistance.png

Now, I trust his figures, but not his reasoning. Lemme show you why.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/816868397836926996/988273603034370118/HowStuffWorks.png

You see, obstructions reduce the range of sight. This is true of both flat and round Earth models. Same for heavy cloud activity or mist. Or creepy supernatural darkness (e.g. original Good Friday). So we have to look at the behavior of sight for unobstructed low elevation and high elevation. In flat Earth model, higher elevation is a longer angle (i.e. you can see farther and you can see below you), while lower elevation you cannot see below you and vision is limited. This is consistent with both the model I drew and the figures above.

But a round Earth has curvature set at 3 miles. The problem being that either you are at the top of the "hill" in which case you would be able to see under you in all directions (this is clearly not the case), or you are at the bottom of the "hill." As anyone you is at the base of a tall hill or mountain knows, they cannot see past the curve of the obstacle.
Oh, but it gets better! Because the entire Earth is supposedly curved, any mountain you climb to get a better view is like a mountain angled on the side of a hill, with you leaning away from the top of the hill. No matter how high up you get, you cannot see any farther because the land angles away from the horizon. And I'm pretty convinced that even if you were a bird, it wouldn't make any difference. In fact, the higher you get, the greater the warped space.

lightwalker90
  Selected Answer
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2022 12:50 am
Hi I'm a new member.
There seems to be a quarrel here. I've seen this at a number of forums.
It doesn't need to seem so. At 1 forum I was put in a counselor room.
The best advice is this. Don't attack the poster. Rather focus on the topic instead.
I stopped calling names and I improved on topic discussion issues.
Let's stop fighting and try to get along here.

One for suggesting to see a psychiatrist.. maybe at first that it was taken the wrong way from the listener. Basically saying to see a counselor and sort out the problems in your life. But, I say a therapist is better than a psychiatrist because a therapist is there to listen.
I've been to psych hospitals a few times because of major depression and to take a time out in life. The good news is they can't force you to believe what you do or don't.

Actually, I brought my bible with me when I went. They didn't like it that I believe in God and didn't trust the doctors there. Therefore, in this case I enjoyed it more to talk to the patients then the doctors. Overall, the doctors were alright with me when they understood my aspect of things.

Bulma I read that you used to be a Christian. As for me I used to be a troublemaker and didn't have the desire to want to know about God. I've been through too many experiences and God has changed those things.
I've been homeless, been in a hospital for several months in a bed everyday, and even today I'm disabled. Yet, I learned that God is there always no matter what the circumstances in life. Even in your dream you said you were in prison. Apostle Paul was in prison because of his belief in Jesus. He was singing in a dark dungeon. There was a great earthquake and all the walls were destroy for Paul and the others to escape. The prisoners knew that Paul was singing songs to God. This great thing you've done. We're set free. They realized that God was all powerful. And they asked Paul how then can we be saved like you? Paul said, Believe in Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.
A number of them believed and were saved.

Balma when Jesus dies on the cross he came to free all people. He took your burdens and placed them on himself. If therefore if you still feel like you're in prison who then do you call upon then to get help? If you say that the answer is yourself I'm sorry you're wrong. It tells us in the Book of Proverbs not to lean upon our own understanding. That God's thinking is higher than ours.

You see Balma you like others gave up on God. It was sometime ago that you gave up in God. The Bible says Many shall depart from God and the faith. These people shall look for other faiths when doing so. Remember about the Prodigal son and that you can return to God. The arms of Jesus is open to you and anyone who wants to know him.

Last in Revelation it says that if you endure to the end you shall receive the crown of life. Everyone has fallen and should get up again. Don't give up on God because he hasn't given up on you. If you want to break those chains ask God and he will break them.

I know what you're going through I've been a prisoner of my sins throughout my life. Trust in God he'll always give you a way out.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2022 02:14 am
@bulmabriefs144,
bulmabriefs144 wrote:


I see. The turth, huh? You want the turth?
(I'm intentionally spelling "truth" wrong here to riff on you)

You can't handle the truth.

A round Earther says that because Earth is round, you can see these distances at higher elevations.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/816868397836926996/988273602635923486/ElevationSightDistance.png

Now, I trust his figures, but not his reasoning. Lemme show you why.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/816868397836926996/988273603034370118/HowStuffWorks.png

You see, obstructions reduce the range of sight. This is true of both flat and round Earth models. Same for heavy cloud activity or mist. Or creepy supernatural darkness (e.g. original Good Friday). So we have to look at the behavior of sight for unobstructed low elevation and high elevation. In flat Earth model, higher elevation is a longer angle (i.e. you can see farther and you can see below you), while lower elevation you cannot see below you and vision is limited. This is consistent with both the model I drew and the figures above.

But a round Earth has curvature set at 3 miles. The problem being that either you are at the top of the "hill" in which case you would be able to see under you in all directions (this is clearly not the case), or you are at the bottom of the "hill." As anyone you is at the base of a tall hill or mountain knows, they cannot see past the curve of the obstacle.
Oh, but it gets better! Because the entire Earth is supposedly curved, any mountain you climb to get a better view is like a mountain angled on the side of a hill, with you leaning away from the top of the hill. No matter how high up you get, you cannot see any farther because the land angles away from the horizon. And I'm pretty convinced that even if you were a bird, it wouldn't make any difference. In fact, the higher you get, the greater the warped space.




Like I said, Bulma...get help.
bulmabriefs144
 
  -2  
Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2022 07:07 am
@lightwalker90,
I still am a Christian. But no longer a conventional Christian. I have made a Jefferson Bible (if you will) that denies Revelation. The reason being that the Gospel spends its time talking about grace and forgiveness of sins to all people but even more to sinners. The bulk of the letters (though some I cut because they were majority works gospel) talk abour grace and forgiveness of sins to sinners. The book of Revelation uses some crackpot hallucinations to tell us about second death and a lake of fire to sinners. Wait, what about Christ came into the world to save sinners? Galatians tells us that a gospel other than the one taught is under a curse. So I ripped that section out, and parted ways with the church that accepts it.

I still do believe in Christianity, but I reject the idea that "Jesus will come again to judge the living and the dead." Uhhhh guys, Jesus did come again, right here.

Quote:
28 After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

2 There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4 The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”

8 So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. 9 Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. 10 Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me.”


Not only that, but he does so repeatedly. The "second coming" is a distraction from the fact Jesus already rose again, yet didn't come to judge anyone. In fact he tells people that's not his goal.
Quote:
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

But "John" (I've read up on this book, and it is unlikely that John wrote it) tells us in a passage that looks plagiarized from Ezekiel, that Jesus will judge the world.

You're preaching to the choir about the rest. I haven't given up on God, though I've accepted some strange teachings from Taoism and Buddhism. Some of this have made me confused, some brought me to a consensus about what's in the Bible , which is part of the strange emphasis about my religion on freedom. But no, I never turned away from God. Just away from what I saw as false traditions.

Reve's crown of life, offered conditionally to those who can endure what a loving God would do away with, is one of these. Revelation is the great delusion, that these times we see are end times. No, they are evil days, but Jesus tells us not to believe anyone who comes claiming to be Christ or who says the kingdom of heaven is here or there. And that there will be wars and rumors of wars, and maybe you'll get called before people to account for Christianity. This is nor end times, this was a fact of life for three hundred years of church history. Then Christians weren't persecuted foe awhile, and started seeing Revelation in any hard times. This is the great delusion, that you'll see signs everywhere that Jesus came to condemn sinners and that you need to avoid being a sinner, that a manmade mark of the beast could somehow separate you from God. No, even if humans are able (and they are willing to make any number of such marks), Romans assures us that there is NOTHING that can separate us from the love of God that is in Jesus.
0 Replies
 
bulmabriefs144
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2022 09:01 am
@Frank Apisa,
And my point is again is something my dad said just yesterday during a sermon.

Paraphrasing from memory:
Quote:
The real demons aren't little men, they are fear, anger, depression, and the like. While institutions do provide rest and a space apart from our demons, eventually they have to be dealt with. They have to be exorcised. Pills and fancy words can't do this, it's a relationship with Jesus that does this.


Yeah my memory isn't 100% accurate, but anyway.

The problem of "mental help" as you put it is that being locked away is no substitute for healthy relationships, and that the only reason to be locked away is if you are a danger, not simply have quirky ideas.

I've yet to see how flat Earth can be a dangerous idea. It doesn't prevent anyone from doing construction, and for the most part you are not going to reach the edge of the world and fall off.
0 Replies
 
PoliteMight
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2022 07:01 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
You want freedoms I will tell you how to get it.
1. Scholarships
2. City, State, Federal, Military.
3. Training, apprenticeship, certifications, ID, Licenses, clearance

A. Being educated ( no matter what you study ) will look good on your record. Look up people, family, friends, famous people, notorious people, and see what kind of education they have. Not only accredited schools but ones that have real histories. Not every state means it is a good education. You need the big schools.

B. The more

Risk, Liability, Responsibility, and memorization requirements means more pay ( in most cases ).

We are talking about an Airline pilot who has to transport 200-300 passengers at a time, v. a surgeon operating on a fetus while still developing or the actual brain. In one instance your life is on the line while in another instance somebody elses life is on the line, all those loans, and any other bill you have.
You could be driving and blam, hit somebody down and unlike Peter Marry who got away with hitting an elderly woman on the highway due to his trailer ( because he had a sex change ) things might not turn out so lucky for you.

A person you punch out in the bathroom in a bar who is drunk v. A person you chased after for knocking your car at 1AM only to punch out. While in both instances they were left for dead and the person got off because "by golly" it was an accident if their was proper evidence to evaluate I am sure both could be convicted and be accused of murder in the 1st degree.

There are many jobs and all of them requires a drivers license and the ability to pass an exam.

Twenty years to retirement is not a long time. Imagine if you was 18 and then hit 38. You could retire and move on to other types of employments and work.
Having a second language could also be good and you might be paid more for that.

Your in the USA their are tons of jobs all over the place for all kinds of people. Where do you see yourself and what skills could you use to attain them.
PoliteMight
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2022 07:04 pm
@bulmabriefs144,
Seriously your in a messed up relationship and your family not helping you. Then move to another town, look for some sort of organization that helps women, or whatever.

It is all in your imagination
0 Replies
 
bulmabriefs144
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2022 08:42 am
@PoliteMight,
That's not freedom.

Let me explain why.

1. Scholarships are a contract. Say you get in on a sports contract, but later decide the philosophy gal is kinda hot, and want to pursue her. You never get anywhere with her, but like a muse, she inspires you to appreciate higher learning. However, if my college friend Cass was any guide, your sports schedule eats into any sort of studying you might want. You aren't free, you can't just quit the team, and go into the library and start reading. You're probably expected in some schools to maintain a grade point average (somehow, while you're busy prepping for games). There was an entire movie about a dumbass kid who voided his scholarship, and he had a very hard road ahead of him.
2. Ditto for City, State, Military. You join the scholarship, you agree to their terms. In some cases, this means after college you sign up to the military and have a drill sergeant run your life for the next whatever amount of time. If you don't feel like it, you get to pay back everything they offered to pay for.
I'm already a college grad. I decided not to go to university. Largely because people there seem woke and dumber than when they came in.
3. All of these things are opportunities or permissions. They are not to be confused with freedom. Credentials are just pieces of paper that people take seriously. I could probably forge crede and as long as people didn't check them over, I'd have a job that I wasn't qualified for. It is the training, not the credentials that actually matters. Sure you can get a job with good credentials. Doing what? Working to make someone else rich? When you work for a company, the company always benefits. That's not my idea of freedom, especially after working for multiple shitty bosses. Freedom isn't clearance and it isn't education. It's doing what you please with it being against laws and without it completely alienating you from other people. Because people are good at shunning campaigns, this is harder than you might think. I pissed off the boss at a library job once, and the last day, almost nobody came in. They all decided not to patronize the place.

You may not think much of my family, but **** you, I don't care what you think. Yes, I do have issues, but the solution to them wasn't running to the big city. I tried this two or three years, and concluded that people living in cities do not seem to know who they are and what thet stand for.

If you are said to be free, it should be life on your own terms. But what I saw was alot of people who were told they have to pick up dog **** in the town, who are expected to abide professional and industry standards. I am in the transgender spectrum, and working for myself, I could do what I wanted.

The problem of freedom is there is always some sense of things not working. I decided to farm this year, because I had COVID completely wreck my business (couldn't go alot of places to advertise, didn't want to put up with mask mandates, so I decided to focus on mt regular clients. They fell through so I largely gave it up). We wound up doing not just our farm but also a neighbor's because his back went out for awhile. We now have too much work, we're overwhelmed by inflow of crops and can't fit it all in the fridge, and considering giving it up. It's what I want to do, but we might not do it next year. At the very least, I never want to do a second field again. We humans can't be completely free. It's kinda like this:



We have to decide what we will and won't put up with. No offense, but your ideas are kinda bad. You also seem to have an idea that I'm a battered woman. Perhaps you should reread what I posted more carefully. I compared Biden supporters to battered women, because in another thread, I saw three or four make excuses for his worst behavior, exactly like a battered woman would do after being beaten to a pulp. "Oh he loves me, deep down. He's just dealing with alot of stress at work." No, he's a monster. Most wife beaters are in the same psychological profile as psychopaths ( which has been redefined confusingly by the DSM to mean schizophrenics with hallucinations, rather than the common parlance term), meaning they will not stop until the abused is dead. And possibly after, if there is a child. The person is nothing more than a punching bag to them. Likewise, Biden has abused the entire country with his sick policies, and some of them tell us why he's so great. I don't need a battered women's shelter. But you need to read threads more carefully.
0 Replies
 
bulmabriefs144
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2022 10:55 am
@PoliteMight,
(Continued)

You've confused economic opportunity with freedom. Let me explain what I'm actually talking about.

For most people, roughly 80% of the population, there are really three paths (or traps) that they fall into:

1. Success. Suppose as a child you have a grand ambition to explore the world. Only you find out that travel takes money. Lots of it, in fact, especially if you don't have a car-boat-plane that runs on hopes and dreams. So you take a serious job to make money. Only the boss thinks that your goal is to make money for the sake of making money. You reward for hard work is more work rather than maybe vacation time. They start telling you they "need" you, because you do a really good job. Pretty soon, you're creeping toward fifty or sixty, saving up for retirement so you can have enough money to do all that traveling you planned as a child. But when you get to be retirement age, you discover that you have no energy. Worse, your joints are all outta whack, and as a result of eating food at the office, you are now overweight and in poor shape. You are in no condition to travel. You've been had! You worked your life away, never really getting what you wanted. You've been sold success as freedom, only to now have freedom taken away.
2. Family. I consider this more satisfying than option 1, but it often goes down like this. At around 18 or 19, you decide the career path isn't for you. You have some money from working hard after high school. You strike out towards independence, find a niche and meet the love of your life. Your parents kinda rot away in a nursing home. You have big dreams, but ultimately you push them aside when you care for a family. Now there are certain variables, but assuming you have a fairly happy family with no divorce, your child is unlikely to appreciate your sacrifices. In a bit of bitter karmic irony, they too will put you in a nursing home. Enjoy having people force you to take medicine at 4pm sharp, and go to this or that program.
3. Prison. They are so insistent on striking out on their own that they ignore certain basic rules. They wind up trapped in a state pen, and both prison and parole are rules, rules, and more rules. You just want to get on with your life but Inspector Javert tells you plainly that parole doesn't mean you're free.

To say nothing of opportunities rigged against you outside prison.
*3. Homelessness is a tie for third. They strike out on their own, they follow the law, but like of drive or planning means they wind up stuck in a city with no resources. They fail and wind up with no home, no resources, and dependent on the state. Homeless shelter, prison, same difference. One winter night, the shelter is too full, and you die in the cold.

None of these are very free. They all suck, and sooner or later, your life is gone and you have nothing to show for it. So what exactly is the solution? What is the answer to the "You have eighty years to live, what will you do to make the most of your life?" Because I have an answer to this, but it was to opt out. I really can't afford much of anything, and I'm usually bored. That wasn't a solution either, and I'm likely to die alone.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » The Prison
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 06/19/2024 at 09:47:25