Am I putting my business partnership at risk?

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 02:01 pm
Met this lady(lets call her Naomi) three weeks ago with my business partner,she was an early user of our commercial product.I had known her in the past via our database of service users and spoken with her on three occasions (she doesn’t realize this) at our company’s early stage.She had great reviews from all customer care reps. who had spoken with her. Infact, she averaged 9/10 on every conversation she had with the reps. and myself too.She was noted to be patient,and extremely polite. Thus,when I got to meet her by mistake at a business meeting ; I was glad I did . When my partner introduced me to her; she seemed surprised and could barely hide her surprise,probably to how young I was.And all through the meeting,she kept glancing at me; even caught her checking out my Shoes at some point. Eventually,she asked me for my phone-number.I seemed to like her.I also continuously noted her grinning in my direction all through our two hour meeting.We eventually left the meeting on a positive note. The next day,while driving with my partner,he asks me if I had spoken to her since we departed yesterday and in a dismissive manner,told her I hadnt but would eventually text her.He seemed to want me to text her,even asking me if I were still with my girlfriend(actually hadn’t seen her in two years,she stays in another country).I confirmed we were still together,and he told me I was probably wasting my time and came short of telling me to get someone nearby. I sent Naomi a message text 24 hrs later,making a comment about her hairstyle(told her it was great). I didn’t get a response.Called her two days later,and the first phrase she uttered was apologizing for her failure to respond to my message,she claimed she had responded but the message never delivered.Her network provider had a general downtime that day,of which I was aware. She had to drop the call at some point as the network was bad.She calls me back five minutes later and I ask her if we can hangout sometime soon.She responded no problem,but she was however not free that weekend. Interestingly,I was travelling out of the country four days later.I told her about my plans and we both agreed to meet whenever I get back.A day before traveling,I had a short meeting with my partner and in the process discovered he had called the lady twice,and he had even sent her a text asking if they could meet at a local Golfing club(he is married).She didn’t reply to the text message. I sent her a text four days later,while still out of the country,didn’t get a response.I was back in the country a week later(Monday) and I called her(Wednesday) .I asked if she got my message,and she confirmed she did and asked if I got her response,to which I confirmed I didn’t. She however told me she had sent me a response. We spoke for 19 minutes while I listened to her majority of the time.She was generally just talking about her experience at her new place of work.We agreed to meet that weekend,and she informed me to confirm on the phone on Friday night,about the date. I called her on Friday night to inform her I wont be available for the meeting as I was due to leave the country again the next evening.She obliged me and informed me she also would be at work,to stand in for a colleague who was going to be unavoidably absent.During our conversation,I confirmed she was on her way to attend a night concert. I wished her fun at the concert.Then,sent her a text on Saturday morning asking how the concert went and if she had got home safely.She didn’t respond .

In a fix at the moment.I am worried about what could be going on between herself and my partner.However,I do not see the possibility of anything going on. For one,my partner resides permanently in the states,and she stays in faraway Casablanca. My partner also only ever comes to the country once in a year and is currently miles away from Casablanca and will only return back in a week to board a plane to the UAE and then back to the states. But am thinking,am I making a fool of myself with this girl,is she really interested in me like I thought,and if she did ; what dynamic will my partner asking her to hangout have on her feeling towards me.Also will my partner be cross if he eventually discovers I have an interest in the lady?

jespah

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 03:52 pm
@maURIENI,
I notice how you care more about how your business partner will react than whether you will hurt your girlfriend.

You might want to think about why this is so.

And by the way - as they say, don't **** where you eat. Also known as, jobs are a lot tougher to get than bed partners. Don't destroy former for the sake of the latter.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2017 08:31 pm
@maURIENI,
This is a big NOTHING.....

Dismiss it and stay focused on your job.
bunnyhabit

Reply Tue 19 Sep, 2017 09:03 pm
@PUNKEY,
it seems foolish with all the available women around to chase a woman you have to work with, that is obviously avoiding you and your partner want to share a bed with her.

find someone outside of your business environment to play with.
0 Replies