Hollywood's Clinton/Genocide Flick

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 10:55 am
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/12/20/133619.shtml

Quote:

So much for the myth of "America's first black president": A new movie reveals that racist Bill Clinton not only did nothing to stop genocide in Rwanda, he pressured other nations to do nothing.

In a rare case of exposing one of Clinton's greatest scandals, the New York Times today discusses United Artists' "Hotel Rwanda," opening Wednesday, along with former Clinton national security adviser Anthony Lake. Among the appalling truths revealed:

• The Times: "In Rwanda, the United States did not simply not intervene. It also used its considerable power to discourage other Western powers from intervening." (Note that the Times blames "the United States" rather than Clinton; had Bush been president then, you know he would have been singled out more for blame.)
  • Lake on the useless United Nations and useless Kofi Annan: "Everyone was listening to radios so we all knew what was going on in the Security Council. When other countries wanted to maintain their soldiers the U.S. said no. Of course I was angry against each and everybody. I was bitter. It's because it was Rwanda. It was Africa. What else can you conclude?"
  • In the movie, according to the Times, "The awful truth becomes clear: the new [U.N.] soldiers are there to evacuate the mostly white foreigners, leaving the black Rwandans to their fate."
  • Clinton and his Cabinet never even bothered to discuss the mass killings in Rwanda, according to Lake.
  • Anti-genocide activist Alison Des Forges of Human Rights Watch describes a failed meeting with Lake. "He just listened very politely and said virtually nothing. I said: 'It seems we're not getting through. What can we do?' He said: 'Make more noise.' In other words, he was telling us: you don't have a constituency to make me listen."
  • Lake admits it was "shameful" that the Clinton administration refused even to use the correct term "genocide" for six long weeks.
  • Lake describes seeing piles of bodies of women and children when it was safe for him to visit Rwanda in the autumn of 1994: "We couldn't get out without stepping on them."

Yes, the only genocide worth stopping for Bill Clinton was when white people were being wiped out in the Balkans.

When "Hotel Rwanda" opens, it will be fascinating to see whether it reveals the depths of Clinton's guilt, or even mentions that. A bad sign: It co-stars leftist actor Nick Nolte. Recall that the Tinseltown movie "Black Hawk Down" was recut to avoid giving Clinton the blame he deserved for his disaster in Somalia and for 9/11.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,628 • Replies: 27
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 11:11 am
I love to see the far-right nut cases still spending time trashing Bill Clinton.

It helps substantiate my thesis that Bill Clinton owned the far-right totally.

They were his bitches.

He used them to further his career and he was incredibly successful at doing this.

Of course, they were ignorant enough to beg him to allow them to help him...so you can't blame him for taking the morons up on their offer.

And they are still at it.

Can you get over that!

They are still at it.

I wonder what they will work on next???

Maybe getting Hillary elected!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 11:18 am
Why doncha tell all that to the families of those dead Rwandans, Frank?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 11:56 am
gungasnake wrote:
Why doncha tell all that to the families of those dead Rwandans, Frank?

Nah...they ain't Clinton's bitch.

You are.

That's why I'm telling you!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 11:56 am
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1080332#1080332
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 12:45 pm
I'm just waiting for them to come out with photos of Clinton wielding a machete.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 12:48 pm
funny how dead Iraqis mean jack **** to you guys...but suddenly dead rwandans have you up in the air on your humanistic high horse......get real.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 01:03 pm
We invaded Iraq and deposed the brutal regime that was killing the Iraqi's Bear.

Perhaps that fact has alluded you because you sit so high on your horse?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 01:05 pm
Brawk! Brutal regime, brutal regime. Brawk!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 01:07 pm
McGentrix wrote:
We invaded Iraq and deposed the brutal regime that was killing the Iraqi's Bear.

we invaded iraq for money, revenge, and good centrally located real estate..... no amount of bullshit will put the hint of an altruistic motive on it..... that's my view from the horse....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 01:10 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

we invaded iraq for money, revenge, and good centrally located real estate..... no amount of bullshit will put the hint of an altruistic motive on it..... that's my view from the horse....

It would appear that you are facing the wrong way then because all you are viewing is horse apples.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 01:25 pm
McGentrix wrote:

We invaded Iraq as an enforcement of the initial conflict with IRaq in Kuwait. After repeated violation of the cease fire agreements and the lack of enforcement by the UN, Iraq was a gathering threat that was partially responsible for terrorism in the region and world.

They are no longer a gathering threat to the US.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 01:27 pm
woiyo wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

We invaded Iraq as an enforcement of the initial conflict with IRaq in Kuwait. After repeated violation of the cease fire agreements and the lack of enforcement by the UN, Iraq was a gathering threat that was partially responsible for terrorism in the region and world.

Ahhh...it would have been nice if the president and Rummy had told us that before they invaded...rather than what they actually did tell us.

Don't you think????
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 01:31 pm
woiyo wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

because of the unrest, resentment from the middle east and the global community, divisiveness in our own country and the drain on our resources across the board...Iraq has done us twice the damge and looms larger on the horizon as a threat than ever before....and now they don't even have to work at it.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 01:31 pm
They did. You fail to remember Sec. Powells UN speech was precisely on this matter. Yet, I expect you will only remember the "pictures".
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 01:32 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
woiyo wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Ahhh...it would have been nice if the president and Rummy had told us that before they invaded...rather than what they actually did tell us.

Don't you think????

They thought about it, but Toby Keith couldn't come up with a really good song for it......so they went with the foot up your ass theme....go with what you know..... first rule of marketing....
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 01:33 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
woiyo wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

because of the unrest, resentment from the middle east and the global community, divisiveness in our own country and the drain on our resources across the board...Iraq has done us twice the damge and looms larger on the horizon as a threat than ever before....and now they don't even have to work at it.

Precisely, HOW is Iraq currently a DIRECT threat to the US?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 01:40 pm
these US citizen were DIRECTLY blown to f*#king kingdom come today. More will DIRECTLY be killed before Christmas.

Now, please give me a number on how many US citizens must be killed, at home or abroad before it constitutes a direct threat and I will get back to you when we reach that number. Had we not invaded Iraq....it can be argued that more US citizens COULD have died in another terrorist attack. That those who have died so far have died BECAUSE we invaded Iraq is irrefutable.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 01:43 pm
One, but that one must be living within US borders.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 01:52 pm
McGentrix wrote:
One, but that one must be living within US borders.

I didn't realize that the value of US citizens was devalued out of town....so I guess that blows a hole in your support of our men and women serving in the Middle East eh?
0 Replies