Guys tell you what you want to hear...

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 03:49 pm
It doesn't matter if you're goofy footed or not, they have a different board for it.

I've only been one weekend, and it was hard to learn. First day I didn't leave the bunny hill, and I fell ALOT and HARD. You'll be going along, and you fall so fast you can't catch yourself. I jammed my wrist, my tailbone was sore, I knocked the wind out of myself, and hit my head pretty hard once.

Second day, even though I was still falling hard, I made it off the bunny hill, and picked up on it better. It's fun as hell, just tough at first. And I'm not an uncoordinated person. I was talking to a friend of mine that picked it up pretty much right away though. Definitely try it if you get the chance.
0 Replies

unluckyinlove

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 03:58 pm
I figure if I wear 10 pairs of pants and 10 shirts, instead of "falling hard" I could just "roll gracefully" Very Happy
I will definintely try this year. Last year I went sledding with some friends and we had so much fun. we had one of those "tabogen" sleds and we crammed 7 people on it, when we hit the bottom of the hill we had lost 4 on the way down.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 04:04 pm
Nice...that thing must have been cruising.

You might feel goofy, but I wouldn't look past getting a helmet. A lot of people actually wear them. When I was on a bigger hill, I was going down, and fell straight back and slammed my head in the ground. Shook me up for a few minutes. And I assumed before people wore them in case they went into trees. I'll probably get one next time I go.

Wear 10 pairs of pants, you'll look like Ralphie's little brother in "A Christmas Story" hobbling around. You won't be able to get your ass out of the ski lift.
0 Replies

unluckyinlove

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 04:39 pm
a helmet???!! what a fashion statement. I guess it would be a good idea.

The "ralphies little brother" look is in now a days, all the girls are doing it.

Do you get a lot of snow in boston this time of year? I was in Quincy for a conference last year and I got the tail end of the winter weather- it was pretty crummy.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:10 pm
That look is in, huh? Must be a Seattle thing. Out here, chicks like to wear leather gimp masks.

This is when the snow begins...some winters we get a lot of snow, some aren't too bad.

I used to live in Quincy actually. I'd move back, close to Boston and cheaper.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:14 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
guys will change for you..... but only until you fart in front of them the first time....then they figure the pressure's off and they can revert to their true selves....it's a well known dynamic.....

Dammit!!! THAT'S where I have been going wrong!!!

I have to stop farting, right???
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:15 pm
can I still LAUGH at farts?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:16 pm
No, Dlowe, Bear is saying it's good for a chick to fart in front of a guy.

Hey, different guys will pay $100 for different things.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:25 pm
Even when I can always outfart them?

That doesn't like - make 'em feel....small?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:25 pm
No, the fact that you can chug 14 beers, stay sober, than pee standing up makes them feel small.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:27 pm
Oh - no worries there. I don't drink beer.

Are fourteen scotches minisculizing? When I can still walk a tight-rope?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 10:38 pm
14 scotches is even more money. You can almost hang with me. Except scotch may make me puke.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 11:00 pm
Hmmm - well, I hope you would do it outdoors, and standing up like a man.

PS ALL women can pee standing up. There are aspects of our physiology that act as a sort of funnel that make it a perfectly reasonable activity.

It's clothes that make us unlikely to do it. And loo design.
And - personally, I get tired standing easily.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 11:09 pm
This may be of some help, Dlowe.

Don't say I've never given you anything.

http://www.shiola.co.uk/link_of_the_week26.shtml
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 11:16 pm
Lol! One of my friends was twice station commander at one of Oz's Antarctic bases - she showed me one of those things!!!

They are supposed to help women not freeze their bums off when they have to pee on expeditions.

I think she said they make everyone laugh so much they are too hard to use.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 12:02 am
I was just reading the topic for the first time and wanted to tell you unluckyinlove, that you are not the only one who has crappy luck with guys. I dated 11 guys last year (no I didn't sleep with all of them) and I turned up dud's. my new years resolution this year is to only date guys who actually like me and to get a good job. I know I have a better chance of getting a good job before finding a guy that actually likes me. most guys pretend they like you, try to get you in the sack and when you don't they split. If they don't slpit and actually respect your decision to not sleep with them... think about seeing them again. guy's are a strange creature, more complex than women (we all know how complex we are). they scare easily, they think with their dick most of the time, and they probably aren't listening to a word you are saying at dinner (that is if you actually get dinner out of them.) I know I sound like an angry feminist... I am one, but I at 23 years old have been screwed over a lot and I keep dating guys and keep getting let down... I do, however have hope that there is a nice guy out there that wont treat me like crap.
I think that by dating a lot of people you weed out a lot of the a**holes and hopefully find someone worth dating. Don't be quick to think because a few dates went well that you are going to have a boyfriend... be picky. once most guys feel you getting serious they are going to do everything in their power to make you not want to be serious.
this is where treating like crap comes in. when introducing your new beau to people say, " this is my friend so-and-so" not his is my date or this is my boyfriend... remember they scare easily. when they feel like getting serious they will correct you and say, "I am her boyfriend."
I know everyone is thinking yeak this is a lot of smackcoming from a twenty-something but a lot of dissapointment and heartache forces one to re-evaluate the way one thinks about life and in this case dating.
I hope this advise was helpful.
0 Replies

epinEphrin

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 06:18 pm
Psychology
Your best bet of decoding a guy's BS is by applying Psychology.

Some ways might include:
1. Playing with your words or their meanings (Asking same question in different ways)
2. Pay attention how he carries himself, and how he acts. Make sure you pay attention.

etc...

Good Luck.
0 Replies