littlek

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 10:42 pm
Glad you liked it Sublime!
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 10:46 pm
Have you tried a 120 min IPA? The guy at the store said they are a bit expensive, up to twenty dollars a bottle. I was wondering if it would be worth it to seek one out.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 10:48 pm
No, I haven't. I don't generally buy beer that costs more than 10 bucks a six pack.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 10:54 pm
I try not to also but if it is worth it I will splurge. I don't think that I have seen it at a bar either. Do you know if the minute addendum is a newer trend or did I just never notice before. I have had India Pale Ale in the past I don't recall any minutes associated with them.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 10:58 pm
I've never seen it before - and I don't know what it means.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 11:08 pm
120 minute IPA

It specifies that it is limited quantity for the 120 minute IPA. I assume that it is rare and expensive. Sounds like a challenge to me. Smile
I guess that the minutes indicate how long they keep on tossing in hops during the brewing process.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 11:14 pm
oooooh, super-hoppy! If you do try it, let me know how it is!
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 11:17 pm
I think I will have to find it. My curiosity has gotten the best of me.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 11:19 pm
Yay - I can live vicariously through your taste buds.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 11:25 pm
I may have to take a descriptive beer writing class or two, but I will do my best.

As far as expensive booze is concerned, my friend gave me an early Christmas present. A bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue. I had gotten him an account with my company that was almost pure profit for him. This is the best thanks that I could have got.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 11:26 pm
Blue? I have only seen black and red. Not that I drink the stuff. Nice bonus!
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 11:32 pm
Quote:
"Bright orange-amber hue. Medium-bodied with elegant floral and high-toned peaty flavors that persist through the salty-tinged finish. A complex and flavorful whisky." - Rated 93, Beverage Tasting Institute.

Unquestionably one of the finest blended whiskies in the world.

Limited Quantity Available.

$230.55, 3 for $657.06, 6 for $1,244.94, 12 for $2,351.52
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 11:37 pm
http://www.bevmo.com/115images/6780.jpg
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 07:53 am
Well...spank my ass and call me Sally!
That sounds delish!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 07:58 am
I have had the pleasure of having blue label a few times, but honestly it did not do much for me !!

I am such a black label (regular drinking) and glenfiddich (when I want to really relax and enjoy) man !
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:22 am
<Slap>, well Sally, not to me. But, I am excited you all are so excited about it!

Sublime, have you opened it yet?

I just can't drink that brown alcohol.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:52 am
I have to admit, the brown stuff is not my drink of choice...but there have been some occasions when I was offered a bit of the good stuff...and the smoky, peaty bouquet is ....mahvelous.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:21 am
I love Chevis, and Johnnie Walker Red. My friend keeps bragging about his bottle of JW Blue, and that he's going to have to have me over for some, but it has yet to happen. Crying or Very sad

Back on topic, I was in Uxbridge, England, and asked for a "Budweiser." They said, "Sure," and brought me a strange green bottle with a brew from Czechoslovakia. That's when I learned the original Budweiser was not from the United States. Much better beer in the green bottle, if you ask me.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:24 am
I agree...I went on a beer tour of Europe(Europe on $5 a day) and came away with a healthy respect for pilsners.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 10:58 am
Quote:
Sublime, have you opened it yet?

Of course! Very Happy I usually drink scotch on the rocks but I can't bring myself to water it down so I sipped it neat. It is excellent. This is the second bottle I have had. A friend and I went halfs on a bottle a couple years ago, so I knew what to expect. Still as good as I remember it.

Quote:
Back on topic, I was in Uxbridge, England, and asked for a "Budweiser." They said, "Sure," and brought me a strange green bottle with a brew from Czechoslovakia. That's when I learned the original Budweiser was not from the United States. Much better beer in the green bottle, if you ask me.

I had a similar experience with heineken. In the states I don't really care for the taste and it invariably gives me a headache. In Amsterdam I was drinking it by the litre (literally) with no ill side effects.
0 Replies