I am moving to California, fear Father will try and take away my baby.

ennaj

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2017 12:45 pm
Hello, I am new to forums and hope I am following proper etiquette. I know that I am allowed to move out of state with out permission legally and have the baby. My question is what happens in the after math. The Father and I have broken up, and I am originally from CA. I have no support system here, no family and no friends that can help me with my first baby. He said he wants to help me, but due to the circumstances of our relationship end I don't think I can accept his help, not for a long while.

My job is out here in Ohio, but I would be leaving under short term disability, or early maternity leave because my OBGYN advised I need to take time off and reduce stress in order to avoid a premature birth. The relationship hardships I've gone through with the Father has caused early contractions, and emotional stress beyond my scope. I never thought I'd be in the spot that I am in, and I want to try my best to do the right thing and protect myself from him trying to take away my baby.

When I go to CA, I would be living with either my Mother or Brother. And for the time being I would be living off my savings and the benefits of my Maternity leave. My question is, because my job is in Ohio, but I am residing in CA what rights would the Father have? Would he be able to petition for custody even though I moved to CA for a few months? I do not want to take away visitation rights from him, but my goal is to not be stuck in OH for 18 years.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 869 • Replies: 1

jespah

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2017 01:24 pm
@ennaj,
Talk to your lawyer.
0 Replies