Custody Question

Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 05:28 pm
Hello everyone,
First post here. I have a bit of a weird question about child custody. My ex and my son live on a military base and due to the COVID-19 crisis they were evacuated from the base and sent home earlier. They generally get home in mid June and stay until mid august. Normally, during that time, I have my son with me for 7 weeks, but the Department of State has designated their safe haven my ex wife' house, which means that technically they are not allowed to leave the house.
They don't know when they are leaving to go back to the base and I was arguing that he should stay with me for seven weeks, since we are in Pennsylvania and PA child custody orders are still enforced. My ex claims that he must not leave the house and refuses to have him stay with me. When she requested the evacuation from the base she did not mention to her superiors that her son is in custody of his father during the summer (which I think she did on purpose, as she has done stuff like this before), or else they could have possibly designated his safe haven to be my house for seven weeks.
Can a government body supersede a child custody, especially when the state still enforces the child custody? I was asking here to see if anyone has had a similar experience, before I get my lawyer involved again and spend several thousands dollars.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 582 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 06:49 pm
That doesn't make any sense to me.

I would get my lawyer involved. It doesn't cost thousands of dollars to get his expert opinion, does it?
Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 06:23 am
That's because you don't know my ex. :-) She would do anything to make my life with my son harder, even if she knows she is on the wrong. Just as an example, last summer she refused to give me his passport so that I could go to Niagara Falls with him, even though he was in my custody, because she said that I had to tell her months in advance if I wanted to travel with him. She knew she was wrong, but she did it just to make things difficult. Eventually she had to give in but the lawyers got involved.
But you are right, I will contact my lawyer, that is the best and safest option.
0 Replies
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 01:01 pm
I guess it depends - what is more important - that you get to see him in person or that he "stays in place" as is suggested to for health reasons?

If I were you - I would be happy that he is somewhere safe and not going about where you has the potential to contract covid-19. You can use the internet to talk with him and to have contact with him. I know it is not the same but things are a bit different now.

I would find out when they determine it is safe for him to move about due to the virus and arrange for him to stay with you then.

The focus should be on the safety of the child and not spreading this virus - secondary should be your right to be with your child.

In the mean time - reach out to your lawyer and see what he suggests - yes the child should definitely spend time with his father as long as it is safe to do so.

And if it is because she is being unreasonable and not because of the safety of the child - this will come out as well. Unfortunately with some situations it is best to use your lawyer (yes it would be nice if you could work amicably together on this as you both should be doing what is best for the child) - using the lawyer should hopefully prevent any "ugliness."
0 Replies
mark noble
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 01:12 pm
In a perfect world - People who are incompatible wouldn't breed in the 1st-place.

Problem solved?

How would people know so, in advance? They wouldn't - They would reach Mental-maturity BEFORE creating minfucked-offspring, perhaps?

Have A Lovely Day
mark noble
Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2020 01:59 pm
@mark noble,
That was 'Mindfucked', Not 'Minfucked', btw 'Minfucked' is NOT a recognised Word.

Have A Lovely Day
0 Replies

Related Topics

Giving up hope - Question by ksmom80
CUSTODY - Question by Hanneley
reliquisment - Question by lisa74
biological father comes back - Question by infodrive
Ex snuck into house and took pics - Question by MagMan98
Getting physical custody of child? - Question by Xkgzkhfpu
  1. Forums
  2. » Custody Question
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/10/2023 at 04:09:33