Custody of my daughter

Jmaxon

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2023 11:45 pm
My ex girlfriend, the mother of my 6 yo daughter has a drug problem, she says she's going to a program to clean up and she wants to take my daughter into the program with her! I don't want my daughter around drug addicts or recovering addicts when she has a nice home with me! I'm against it completely,! She left over a month ago and has only contacted our daughter a couple times since she left, does she have the right to take my daughter out of school, relocate her to another town and bring her to a drug program with her? Can I get emergency custody to prevent her from taking my daughter with her?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 298 • Replies: 2
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2023 12:56 am
@Jmaxon,
I'd hire a lawyer well equipped to hand everything necessary for the health of the child and to make Sure she knows what's available to make her shine britely.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2023 12:51 pm
@Jmaxon,
Jmaxon wrote:

My ex girlfriend, the mother of my 6 yo daughter has a drug problem, she says she's going to a program to clean up and she wants to take my daughter into the program with her! I don't want my daughter around drug addicts or recovering addicts when she has a nice home with me! I'm against it completely,! She left over a month ago and has only contacted our daughter a couple times since she left, does she have the right to take my daughter out of school, relocate her to another town and bring her to a drug program with her? Can I get emergency custody to prevent her from taking my daughter with her?

Quote:
D. THIS SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE. All of the services' content, including postings, is for informational purposes only. The service is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal advice, and no attorney/client privilege is to be inferred from any postings herein. Always seek the advice of a qualified legal professional with questions you have regarding a legal matter. You should not disregard professional legal advice because of something you have received from or read in the able2know service.

Don't waste time being cheap. Get help from actual attorney. And FFS. Why don't people realize that pro bono and community based legal services exist to those who need the legal help but aren't in the proper financial situation???
0 Replies