How do I reach him?

izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 Oct, 2017 08:56 am
@izzythepush,
Sorry, got the quote box in the wrong place. This is what it should look like.

izzythepush wrote:

Tess of the d'Urbervilles faces a similar reaction when she tells her husband of her past.
Quote:

"I thought, Angel, that you loved me--me, my very self! If it is I you do love, O how can it be that you look and speak so? It frightens me! Having begun to love you, I love you for ever--in all changes, in all disgraces, because you are yourself. I ask no more. Then how can you, O my own husband, stop loving me?"

"I repeat, the woman I have been loving is not you."

"But who?"

"Another woman in your shape."

She perceived in his words the realization of her own apprehensive foreboding in former times. He looked upon her as a species of imposter; a guilty woman in the guise of an innocent one. Terror was upon her white face as she saw it; her cheek was flaccid, and her mouth had almost the aspect of a round little hole. The horrible sense of his view of her so deadened her that she staggered; and he stepped forward, thinking she was going to fall.

It doesn't end well.
0 Replies

JessieJane

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2017 12:13 am
@MiaRebelde,
Don't let someone shame you. Men who have problems with women's sexuality like that are often emotionally or physically abusive. I've had a lot of experience in my life. I've dealt with a lot of shame. Shame doesn't come from God. Do not buy into it. When you repent and change your ways, the past doesn't matter anymore and there is no sense in talking about it. Be strong and renewed.
0 Replies

YummySarah

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2017 07:25 am
@MiaRebelde,
He's treating you like a doormat -- just like everyone else says.

He's very insecure if he thinks about what happened to you when you were 15 although I understand his concern. It's not appropriate to talk about something like that at this time in your relationship.
0 Replies