Iraq through Iraqis' eyes

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 08:16 am
panzade wrote:
Jeez Frank, was your intention to make me read it twice?

Nope...an error on my part that I immediately corrected. :wink:
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 08:20 am
Au contraire Foxy, Frank made me read it twice.

On the subsequent post, I disagree about Kirkuk.
When Saddam was overthrown all of his followers and representatives were forced to flee their homes which were then occupied by their opponents.
There is a fear that after elections the original owners will return and instigate a civil war.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 08:30 am
Foxfyre wrote:
From the piece Frank posted
Quote:
The Bush administration, which has asked so much of the
armed forces, has established a pattern of dealing in bad
faith with its men and women in uniform. The callousness of
its treatment of the troops was, of course, never more
clear than in Donald Rumsfeld's high-handed response to a
soldier's question about the shortages of battle armor in
Iraq.

I wonder why it is that none....and I do mean NONE....of the
military types back from Iraq that I have talked to or any of
those I write to feel this way about it?

Jeez...that is strange. I mean...I know that all...and I do mean ALL...of the military types back from Iraq that I have talked to feel exactly that way.

That is strange!

Quote:
They all universally like Secretary Rumsfield and President Bush and, while they have plenty of gripes about screw ups and conditions and stuff that goes awry, they do not blame the adminsitration in any way for
that.

Yeah...that is one for the books. The ones I talk to universally think Bush is a moron...and Rumsfeld is an uncaring lout. And they think the administration is a bunch of f**k ups.(Maybe that Rumsfield character you mentioned is someone else, though! Different spelling...may not be the same guy.)
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 08:35 am
You just must be traveling with a different class of the military Frank. And I must be associating with the 80+% of the military who voted for President Bush in the recent presidential election.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 08:55 am
Foxfyre wrote:
You just must be traveling with a different class of the military Frank. And I must be associating with the 80+% of the military who voted for President Bush in the recent presidential election.

That could be it, Fox.

We'll see where this all leads.

I suspect the military...including that 80+% who voted for Bush will be in harm's way for the remainder of this second term...and maybe the ones coming back as time moves on will have a different take on this mess.

Even impressionable young men and women eventually see the light!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 08:58 am
Unfortunately the elders in power often find their vision fading.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 11:49 am
Dys
Dys, Knowing you, you probably meant thinly eviled.

BBB :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 12:48 pm
According to this morning's San Jose Mercury News, most congressmen want Rummy to stay; they don't want to see a regime change during this war. What does that say about our opinion that Rummy is a uncaring boob who had his letters to loved ones killed in Iraq with a machine signature? Sorta like that spec asking Rummy about armourment when he was shown with his pants down. But no matter that our soldiers do without the necessary equipment to fight this war. We'll just have to live with the fact that we'll see more of our soldiers killed and maimed in Iraq.
0 Replies