Gungasnake's "Evolution is Bunk" Digression

timberlandko

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 01:27 pm
Gungasnake, please check your private message inbox ... thanks.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 01:30 pm
DrewDad wrote:
This flood (the Deluge myth ala Noah?)... it came from Mars?

That's one possibility. Mars used to have oceans and nobody has a theory as to where they went or how a planet that size could lose an ocean. Mars also seems to have been inhabited in past ages, as the NASA images from the last six or seven years suggest.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 04:38 pm
Not so much oceans - they can't seem to find shorelines.

Quote:
Mars Ocean Hypothesis Hits the Shore
By: Astrobiology News staff writer

<snip>

Photographs of the Martian surface find no sign of a sea cliff along a possible ancient shoreline.While the suggestion that Mars at one time had oceans cannot be ruled out, the foundation for the "ocean hypothesis" developed in the 1980s on the basis of suspected shorelines appears now to require a broader scan of any apparent beachfront real estate on Mars.

NASA link

However,

Quote:
Several characteristics of the rocks suggest water came and went repeatedly, as it does in some shallow lakes in desert environments on Earth. That fluctuation, plus the water's possible high acidity and saltiness, would have posed challenges to life, but not necessarily insurmountable ones, according to researchers. If life ever did exist at Meridiani, the type of rocks found there could be good preservers of fossils, according to Squyres, Dr. John Grotzinger of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, and co-authors.

12/024/04 NASA link

edited to add the 2nd link properly
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 07:41 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Just when ya think it can't get any better ....

Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 08:47 pm
Quote:
THE JEWS CAME FROM MARS!

It is no wonder that refugees from the Pharaohs of Mars magically ended in the middle of Sinai - the only place on Earth where they felt at home!

The Red Sea of The Torah was the interplanetary space between Earth and Mars (The Red Planet)!

Star of David © on the photo marks the spot where the Rover Schmover© discovered the remnants of a flourishing Hebraic civilization: pieces of stethoscopes, golf clubs, matzos, Chinese takeouts, and plates with monthly statements of billable hours. The initial research done on other findings leads scientists to believe that, following the Hebrews' departure, the Pharaonic Civilization fell into disrepair and perished due to lack of water. This is how G-d deals with those who attempt genocide on his Chosen People!
http://theshredder.com/pix/jewscape.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 08:48 pm
jews on mars link
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 09:13 pm
what i was really looking for
Ahhhahhahhahh

She came from Planet Claire
I knew she came from there
She drove a Plymouth Satellite
Faster than the speed of light

Planet Claire has pink air
All the trees are red
No one ever dies there
No one has a head

Ahhhahhhahhahh

Some say she's from Mars
Or one of the seven stars
That shine after 3:30 in the morning
WELL SHE ISN'T

Ahhhahhhahhahhahhahh
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 10:10 pm
ROTFLMAO!!!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 11:53 pm
Laugh all you want, these are actual NASA photos:

Mars, Cydonia region, main pyramid:

http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/rune/249/cyd/pic/pass3pt3map.jpg

5-sided "D&M" pyramid, long sides roughly 1.5 miles, named after DePetrie and Molinar:

http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpeg/PIA04745.jpg

Tom Van Flandern's (former director of US Naval Observatory) web site and specific page dealing with Cydonia region of Mars:

http://www.metaresearch.org

http://www.metaresearch.org/solar%20system/cydonia/cydonia.asp
0 Replies

australia

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 03:34 am
Are you guys still debating this? I was trying to get gungasnake as immigration minister but I have no hope as he keeps getting sidetracked on this stuff.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 11:20 am
gunga - did you read the NASA releases from this month, that I linked above?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 11:34 am
Gunga doesn't consider primary sources credible; someone has to blog a rumor about it first.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 11:44 am
ehBeth wrote:
gunga - did you read the NASA releases from this month, that I linked above?

NASA is a big part of the problem here, as is also the division of funding between NASA and the JPL and between manned and unmanned space projects.

Given standard theories as to the history of our solar system, there is no way to picture Mars ever having been habitable, nonetheless the evidence is unmistakable and, not surprisingly, NASA and the JPL are about evenly divided on the issue. About half of them don't want to deal with the issue of having to devise an entirely new theory of the history of our system from the one we have, and simply do not want to go there. Those are the ones claiming that the Cydonia formations are either natural formations or tricks of light and shadow. The other half are more or less willling to believe their own eyes.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 11:48 am
Jews are actually from Mars, at least Jewish mothers. They are all little green people, pretty much, what with the age, the health problems, the bad back, the twelve hundred hours in labour, oy!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 11:56 am
Say what you will about Gunga, his threads are entertaining and informative. I'm happy to have my preconcieved notions debunked...all part of enjoying A2K.
And after all, if it wasn't for people like him we'd still believe the sun circled the earth which as everyone knows...is flat.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 12:14 pm
She comes from Planet Claire.

I think that really about sums it up.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 12:17 pm
These threads are entertaining, for sure, but informative? Well, I guess so, in a sense.

They make me realize that "science" as it's normally understood isn't necessarily the basis for everyone's ideas about causality and natural phenomena...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 12:24 pm
Gunga is very entertaining. Through his influence, I have discovered that the earth could actually be one of many shapes, including a rhombus: http://pw1.netcom.com/~rogermw/square_earth.html

Now, according to this fine and well-informed link, the earth was made square because god thought it was the perfect form. What I wonder is why the Borg queen commanded a spherical ship? As the Borg sought perfection, one would assume that a sphere was superior to a cube, as that was what the queen chose to travel in, yes? Come on Trekkies, who's with me here? Laughing
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 12:26 pm
I particularily liked the baseball references in the link.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 12:28 pm
Some folks never outgrow the need for fairytales. Thats why supermarket tabloids sell so well.
0 Replies