Scott Peterson Sentenced to Death by Lethal Injection

smorgs

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 02:29 am
I doubt it - I regard it as a basic belief.....thou shalt not kill....it applies to the state as well. I think you'll find most Europeans consider it a barbarity.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 02:36 am
cjhsa wrote:

One suggestion. Spend one day as a guard at a high security prison. You'll change your mind.

I've worked there.

You're experience seems different to mine.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 08:28 am
Bad example really. Prison guards get to know the clean, sober, mostly drug-free, unarmed versions of the fiends they baby-sit. To a large extent, so do social workers, lawyers and Judges. I suspect some would change their tune if they saw how some of these bastards behave in their natural settings. Idea
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 10:29 am
They shoot horses, don't they?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 12:18 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Bad example really. Prison guards get to know the clean, sober, mostly drug-free, unarmed versions of the fiends they baby-sit. To a large extent, so do social workers, lawyers and Judges. I suspect some would change their tune if they saw how some of these bastards behave in their natural settings. Idea

I don't know, where you've worked as a social worker, Bill.

But since I do know a bit about social work in America as well (the University of California, San Francisco, used to [and still is] a partner university of the one I lectured at), I don'z believe, your above statement can be that correct.

But why is a bad example that I worked there? [You didn't mran, I was a bad example for the inmates, did you:wink: ]
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 12:39 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
But why is a bad example that I worked there? [You didn't mran, I was a bad example for the inmates, did you:wink: ]
Laughing No, Walter, I didn't mean you were a bad example, at all. I mean that the worst of the worst are still human beings who like football and love their mothers. Viewing a violent offender in a somewhat subdued environment like a prison, doesn't necessarily tell you who he is when he's wired on PCP, drunk, carrying weapons... or just hasn't worried about law enforcement in a while. I suspect it could give a false sense of humanity that may well exist in the prison environment, but may all but disappears on the streets. You never really know a person until you've seen them at their worst.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 12:50 pm
You mean, you know more about the bad in society then I've seen as a streetworker, as a social worker to the court, as probation officer or when I was attached to the special forces of our "state FBI"?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 01:18 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
You mean, you know more about the bad in society then I've seen as a streetworker, as a social worker to the court, as probation officer or when I was attached to the special forces of our "state FBI"?
No Walter, I mean what I said. No more, no less. I didn't say a damn thing about what you may or may not have seen or know. Did I say something that doesn't make sense to you?
0 Replies