Anxious I was poisoned...No safety seal

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2017 11:25 pm
I got a bottle of an anti anxiety supplement from the store and I noticed it didn't have an outer or inner safety seal. I took one serving and then started to worry that maybe I shouldn't have. I called the store and they said the other bottles are sealed. I can't stop worrying that someone might have poisoned it. Am I being paranoid? Is there a more likely explanation for no safety seal being on my bottle when the other ones were sealed? Are there tests that can be done to check?

tibbleinparadise

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 06:13 am
@Makjakson1,
Are you sick?
jespah

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 07:24 am
@Makjakson1,
I would strongly suggest that if any sort of "anti-anxiety" supplement is giving you this much anxiety, then you might want to call a doctor and get a prescription for something you know will be more effective and safe.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 09:17 am
@Makjakson1,
Is this "anti- anxiety" supplement a prescription? If so, you should talk to your doctor.

It is highly unlikely that anyone is trying to poison you. If it makes you feel better, you should buy another bottle.

0 Replies

Makjakson1

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 09:37 am
@jespah,
It wouldn't have even worried me if all the bottles didn't have any safety seals on them.. that's why I took it at first. It is just really bothering my because I found out that only my bottle didn't have one and I am thinking the worst case scenario and stuck in an anxiety loop..like why else would one bottle have it removed?
0 Replies

Makjakson1

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 09:40 am
@tibbleinparadise,
No, just panic attack symptoms
chai2

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 10:37 am
@Makjakson1,
You seem ok now, but I would discard the rest of the bottle.
If you were going to have a reaction it would have occurred by now. Just my non medical opinion.

What supplement was it?

I suffered from panic attacks for a long time, so I get your reaction to discovery the safety seal was broken. The odds are nothing was wrong, but of course the seal is there to prevent tampering.
farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 11:24 am
@chai2,
a few decdes ago, someone poisoned some headache remedies with cyanide capsules. I believe two people died before the entire lot was removed from store shelves.
If one pill is a poison capsule and its in the dosage mix. You may be playing "Scrip Roulette"

Id do like the above posters say. Cant hurt and you can give hell to the pharmacist for selling you the prescription. Is there an odor of almonds ? coming from the jar?
(Course some relly deadly stuff like Na Flouro -acetate (Compound 1080) has no odor (NOR any antidotes)

re you scared enough to take it back now?
chai2

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 01:21 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

a few decdes ago, someone poisoned some headache remedies with cyanide capsules. I believe two people died before the entire lot was removed from store shelves.
If one pill is a poison capsule and its in the dosage mix. You may be playing "Scrip Roulette"

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking of farmer, seems like only a few years ago though, not decades.

It was with the Tylonol, wasn't it?
farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 01:48 pm
@chai2,
no, it was Tylenol
roger

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 02:02 pm
@farmerman,
And it was decades ago. The 70's, I believe.
0 Replies

Makjakson1

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 02:21 pm
@chai2,
It was a liquid cbd. I have tried using it recently while I wait for my anti anxiety prescription
0 Replies

Makjakson1

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 02:24 pm
@chai2,
That's what's got me so anxious about this. I didn't die or get sick so but I'm still worrying that I might have ingested something harmful that could have done some damage to my organs or something...although this sounds a little irrational as I'm typing this
roger

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 02:36 pm
@Makjakson1,
A liquid. Just offhand, I suspect that if the stuff had been deliberately adulterated, you would have already have felt the effects. That would be the whole point to doing something like this.

Still, I would dispose of the remaining contents.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 02:40 pm
@roger,
I would tell the pharmacist first...
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 03:56 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

no, it was Tylenol

Damn.

That other stuff sucked for headaches.

yeah, I know it was a long time ago, I'm just old.

farmerman

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 05:34 pm
@chai2,
yeh but we make new friends every day.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2017 07:43 pm
@chai2,
Of course, cyanide cures a headache every time...

(Too soon?)
0 Replies

Makjakson1

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 12:08 am
@roger,
Oh ok, l'll try not to worry then. I haven't gotten sick or anything so would you think it's even worth going to the doctor?
0 Replies

Makjakson1

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 12:15 am
I'm thinking maybe it could have just been a manufacturing error or someone sampled it in the store because they wanted to see if they could get a buzz from it...
0 Replies