I'm 18, she 24. Is that okay? (we're both women, responses prefarably from users that are 22+)

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2017 11:42 am
So... that woman and me, let's call her A., are kinda having a discussion since a few hours. No, A. and me are not in a relationship, only flirting. And basically, to make it short, A. started feeling guilty about flirting with me and all because of the age gap. And now we're looking for some opinions.

What are your thoughts on it? Is it wrong of her? Is the age gap really problematic?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 898 • Replies: 5

centrox

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2017 11:55 am
I am way over 22! I don't think 18 to 24 is inappropriate. You are an adult. If you know that this is what you want, tell her you know what you are doing. You can get hurt (or made happy) by a person of any age. I am straight, and I went out with someone of 19 when I was 28, and it was fine. My father met my mother when he was 24 and she was 18. They were married for 50 years (not that you have to do that!).
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2017 12:06 pm
@centrox,
I'm straight and now quite the old woman. My first love, wonderful guy, was just turning nineteen when we met; I was well into being 21. No problem.
My husband, years and years later, was 11 1/2 years younger than I was. That was a problem a quarter century later on, but not a big deal until much closer to the end-days.

I guess I was a Cougar, in my day.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2017 12:08 pm
@moodycutie,
Age is just a number, compatible maturity level are what matters.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2017 12:17 pm
Differences in age mean less and less as those involved age. In ten years, the difference between 28 and 34 will be negligible.
0 Replies

moodycutie

Reply Sun 6 Aug, 2017 01:41 pm
Y'all stories sounds so lovely. I think the same way, but thanks to a thing A. saw on the media she kinda became afraid that she doing something wrong or anything because of the fact that I'm younger than her. So she wanted to see opinions of other people who are around her age (or older in this case). I'll show her this thread. Thanks!
0 Replies