Confused about religion

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 10:21 am
Hello frank and spendius. I noticed your little contest. Let me just say that I think you are both very intelligent. Just not very smart. Very Happy
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 10:47 am
Cyracuz wrote:
Hello frank and spendius. I noticed your little contest. Let me just say that I think you are both very intelligent. Just not very smart. Very Happy

Yeah...that could be! :wink:
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 11:17 am
Anyway, with me it's the other way around...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 11:24 am
Cyracuz wrote:

I'll take 'intelligent smartass' over 'smart' any day. Laughing I don't think it was really a contest, merely a diversion.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 01:36 pm
I don't know what it was, but for a minute I thought they were going to start posting every document certifying their respective brilliance. Hey, stay tuned, ya never know.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 05:04 am
snood:-

As long as you only thought it for a minute I don't suppose it will do you much harm.

spendius.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 07:25 am
Frank:-

I have tried to get past this childish nonsense many times but it continues to return and haunt us.
I never had my intelligence measured in my life.Intelligence tests are a political weapon of the bourgeois which serve to justify the ascendency in financial terms of that class over the manual workers.They are designed specifically with that objective in mind so that those who hatch in a comfortable situaton with ambitious parents seeking to prove the superiority of their own genes can keep control of the best occupations and power structures.Ultimately it is a disaster.It is a fancy form of nepotism.The richest man in England began work as a hod carrier and never had an IQ test in his life.Some good judges reckon that one of his horses will win next years Grand National.I know dozens of men of his stamp.The ones who did well in IQ tests run local government and such like operations.Generally speaking the high IQ brigade dispose of the budget and the others produce it.I cannot think off hand of any one of my intellectual,entrepreneurial,sporting,inventing or artistic heroes who ever had his IQ measured.The best vehicle mechanic in my area is as thick as two short planks.It took Veblen himself over 200 pages to explain it all so I have no chance in an itsy-bitsy post.The Higher Learning In America is the title and I,ll bet you ain't read that.
It isn't how many books you have read it is what they are and how you read them."Substance" has that flavour of assertion which is meaningless.That you should use it suggests you've been getting away with it too long.Same goes for "extensive".And "childish nonsense".
It is well know that IQ tests are for sorting out the Bs,Cs and Ds.Not The As.The schoolmen are not capable of assessing the As.The wages are too low for schoolmen to attract other than the mediocre.
There's nothing I've said to Lola that isn't posted on a forum.I don't do PMs.Which way up are you on Lola?Your both ways there.Which are the assertions ?If she's a "classy dame" she ought to be able to distinguish value from what you call it.
My nickname was "Lucky".
I believe in the power of the "idle curiosity".I know you believe in the pecuniary value of education.To you education is about getting a "good" job.It's a business deal.That's the American way and it's wonderful.Intelligence has nothing to do with it.I'm just an ordinary Joe with a runaway curiosity.And I know how to pick my way through the labyrinth in libraries and second hand bookshops.
I hope you know that your last paragraph was just a smear."May" being the key.I "may" be the cutest bundle of sexual magnetism that ever stalked my zone of operations.
Thanks for the "gnat".It's up a notch or two on my member profile.
The storm damage here is running me ragged so you'll have to excuse the incoherence.

spendius.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:12 am
I once knew a girl whose intelligence rivalled that of the inimitable Jessica Simpson, not a recognizable brain cell in her head, but my god, was she beautiful, and a lot of fun to hang out with. I understand she currently works for the ESCC.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:20 am
cav:-

Aren't they lovely.

spendius.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:26 am
She came to visit me in Montreal when I was at uni, and my shyness prevented me from closing the deal, so to speak. It is one of my saddest regrets. I now have to comfort myself with the thought that she probably got fat.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:08 am

An additional bonus eh?

Surely you're not shy.Ask Lola about shyness.She's an expert.

spendius.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:08 am
I agree with you on the IQ tests spendius. Testing your IQ is masterbation. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:11 am
Sire:-

Two to one.Frank's IQ is plummeting according to the very principle that flattered it for ready cash.

spendius.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:23 am
spendius wrote:

An additional bonus eh?

Surely you're not shy.Ask Lola about shyness.She's an expert.

spendius.

One would hope. Lola has no need to help me with my shyness. I grew up.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:29 am
Yeah, that's another thing. IQ is not constant. They say you need atleast 30 in IQ to be able to open a door. Once me and my friend were going to MAcDonalds the day after a big party. He went on ahed as I had to lock the car, and when I got to the door he was standing there saying: "It's closed, but there are people inside" He started to leave, and I was about to follow when my IQ snapped back in place. I went to the door and opened it. Incredible that just because the door didn't open automatically we almost didn't get in. So it's not constant.

Another thing: You need at least sixty in IQ to close a door you just went through.Bullshait, me thinks, but I find this information quite valuable in curing people who are notorious for letting the warmth out of rooms.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:30 am

That's a daft thing to do.

spendius.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:32 am
spendius wrote:

That's a daft thing to do.

spendius.

I suppose I should have just said I got taller. Smile
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:34 am
Sire:-

How did you manage to lock the car and drive it to where you got to on an IQ of that order.

spendius.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:36 am
Cav:-

That can't be helped.

Ever take Proust on?

spendius.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:40 am
Oh yes I did take Proust on, but I'm diabetic and all the madeleines made me ill.
0 Replies