need guy advice-what is up here?

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 06:57 pm
I had kind of a crazy weekend. Friday night I had an xmas party at my cousin's. I went there and got very drunk. I ended up leaving with 2 of my 20 yr old cousin's and went back to their dorm. Two of my parents friends sons were there, one is 24, one is 31. To make it short, I hooked up with the 31 yr old. He came back to my place (we just kissed) then the next day I had to go to his city (which is an hour away) for a party that a work friend was having-he lives there so I drove him back.

My parents are old friends with his parents and I know the parents pretty well. He has his own house, but he wanted me to drop him off at the parents. Then he's like so are you gonna come in and talk to them and meet my dog? So I went in. his parents are awesome, and so is their house. I chatted with them for a bit, then had to leave for my party. He was like, so are you coming back after? So I ended up going back to their place again and hung out with them, then he and I watched a movie. At about 9 I was like, well I should leave. He was like, no you cant leave, I'm not letting you leave, it's too late. I really felt like I should leave, but he kept insisting that I stay so I did. I slept in his bed.

The next morning I had breakfast with his family, then we went shopping and to the movies. Then he made me dinner and his mom ate with us, then we all watched tv and then I left at about 8….so it was a very unexpected weekend but I had a lot of fun. I have no idea what will happen, but he said he wants to hang out again and he's supposed to call me today. He has been spending a lot of time in the western part of the state though, he said he wont be there for much longer, but he is going back there this weekend, then I know I will see him on the 19th for a xmas party. Don't know if I'll see him before that though.

i really feel like i like him...it just stinks that he is far away right now.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,724 • Replies: 27
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 07:12 pm
So what advice do you need?

This guy was f'n all over you that weekend...hanging out with the family? Waking up and eating breakfast with them must have been a little strange.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 07:14 pm
Yeah, what advice are you asking for, Kiki?
0 Replies

kikipineapple

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 08:13 am
re
i guess i'm just wondering if it sounds like there is potential. It was a little weird, but as i said, i have met his parents before, had conversations with them many times. Yeah it was a bit odd waking up and having them be there but to be honest, it wasnt that odd. I felt comfortable with them. He called me last night....but we havent made plans to see each other...i know i'll see him in 2 weeks at a xmas party, but i was hoping to see him before then...thing is that he's 3 hrs away right now.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 08:16 am
The man introduced you to his dog. I'd say you're in.
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 08:19 am
Kiki

Take it easy. It sounds as if he is pretty crazy about you, from your description of how he was SO keen to spend time with you.

You'll see him as soon as you (and he) can, right? What more can you ask for after such a short time?

Good luck

KP
0 Replies

kikipineapple

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 09:05 am
re
I guess i'm at that annoying point where i like him and i dont know if he likes me...we did hook up and he wanted to have sex, but i said no. He didnt seem to mind and we still hung out for abotu 14 hrs after that, but in the back of my mind i'm worrying that maybe he just wanted to hook up? Then there's also the thought of, well maybe he is just being nice to me now because our parents know each other and he doesnt want things to be awkward. i mentioned that he was far away right now and he said,well i wont be where i am permanantly...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 09:10 am
Just take a step back and relax....
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 10:28 am
You are getting all the RIGHT signals to indicate that he is genuinely interested in YOU, not just sex.

He would have acted quite differently if he were only interested in another notch on the bedpost.

Be happy that you've found a man you like - and relax - if you are meant to be together, what's a couple of weeks?

OK - I know it doesn't always feel as easy as it is on paper...but you can't control your feelings, so just keep communication open with him and take it one step at a time.

KP
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 10:35 am
This is a typical example of how that "Women are more emotionally intelligent than men." thread seems to me just a bit controversial.
Women are emotionally vulnerable, impulsive, insecure and dubious. The ones who are not are just plain lucky. And very powerfull...

Just chill. Be patient. I've been driving myself crazy over the same feeling of uncertainty for absolutely no reason as well. But than again, easier said than done. Wink

PS: Sorry, I know you said some "guy advice". You can call me nosy if you want.
0 Replies

kikipineapple

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 11:14 am
re
thanks (: well when i said 'guy advice', i meant i need advice on a guy, but anyone can respond.

I am feeling negative, i feel like nothing ever works out for me, so i feel like this will be another example.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 11:17 am
Self-fulfilling prophecy alert!! By all means, if you get a vibe that all is not well you should listen to it, but mostly just go with the flow. If it doesn't work out, no biggie.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 11:20 am
"Don't worry... Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum."
Baz Lurhman
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 12:00 pm
Love that line, superjuly!

KP
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 12:07 pm
Kiki, are you worried about the age difference? You say he's 31, and you were hanging around with 20-yr-old cousins, but not how old you are (sorry if I missed it.)
0 Replies

kikipineapple

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 12:38 pm
e
well i'm 26...so there's not that much of an age difference
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 12:50 pm
Nope.

Go with the flow, see what happens.

Good luck!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 12:58 pm
No, kiki, no! Don't listen to these people! You need to call him right now, and beg him to tell you where he thinks he sees this relationship going. If he vacillates or doesn't seem like he wants to talk about it, start crying and yelling, and tell him that he's an insensitive bastard. If he still hasn't hung up after this, tell him that you can't live without him, and that you will do something drastic if he doesn't leave with you right now and elope to Las Vegas.

Come on, what are you waiting for? It's the only solution. Do it right now, before it's too late!
0 Replies

kikipineapple

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 01:54 pm
re
'No, kiki, no! Don't listen to these people! You need to call him right now, and beg him to tell you where he thinks he sees this relationship going. If he vacillates or doesn't seem like he wants to talk about it, start crying and yelling, and tell him that he's an insensitive bastard. If he still hasn't hung up after this, tell him that you can't live without him, and that you will do something drastic if he doesn't leave with you right now and elope to Las Vegas. '

as my best friend likes to say...i'm sure that would go over like a fart in church
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 02:03 pm
Kicky just loves to stir the pot. Smile But he is not too far off the mark as we have had tons of other people react exactly as he posted. Scary, huh?

One date does not a lifetime make. And in following the example of those who came before me, just chill out and take things as they come. It is way to early in the ballgame to predict the final score at this point. Go about your life as usual, keep good thoughts of him in your head, but don't ponder, wonder, worry or fret over something that you cannot control. You're friends. That's a wonderful place to start, but I wouldn't start planning a wedding or picking out children's names just yet. Smile
0 Replies