8

My girlfriend told me she has lost affection towards me because I left to work for 2 months.

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2017 03:15 am
So as the title says my girlfriends has lost affection towards me. She doesn't say things like she used to like "I miss you" "I love you" "Sleep tight sweetheart" etc. She says it happened because I was away for 2 months while I was working in the UK and wasn't there for her. I am comming back next friday and am anxious about it. I don't know what to do or say when I see her. She once said she doesn't feel like hugging or kissing me when she sees me when I come to see her for the first time. I'm afraid that it's going to end up badly. Is it possible that she can feel all her lost emotions when we first talk? Can people forget what it's like to be around your SO when he's gone for few weeks or months? What do I do?

6  
Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2017 04:19 am
@1301barti,
When someone stops loving you there's not a lot you can do other than accept it and move on.

AnnaM

-2  
Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2017 07:33 am
@1301barti,
Some ladies needs everyday proof that they are loved and thought of. Usually these are extrovert girls

6  
Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2017 09:03 am
@1301barti,
Then dump her.

vikorr

2  
Reply Sat 29 Jul, 2017 12:44 am
@1301barti,
Is she an 'it's all about me' type of girl?

Does she need validation a lot?

Does she feel that love means setting your life aside for hers (see first two)

In any event, people are who they are. The question for someone you are in love with is not whether or not you can love them (which is already a given), but "is she compatible with your long term happiness"? ie Does all of her behaviour as a total, including what you describe in your OP, enhance your happiness? I've met plenty of people who were in love with people who weren't compatible with their long term happiness...

Some thought the behaviour wouldn't become more and more of an issue to them...

FOUND SOUL

1  
Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2017 04:54 pm
@1301barti,
You don't say how long you two have been going out for, or how old either of you are.

"I was working in the UK and wasn't there for her" she says. There are many ways to be "there" so does this mean that you rarely said " I love you" , " I miss you" held it together, telephoned her often, shared your daily lives together?

Long distance is hard and requires a lot of work, not just work requires work.

You need to ask yourself that question were you there?

If you feel that maybe you have some blame there. Tell her. Buy her some flowers when you see her, hug her and say, "say nothing".. Just hug her and see what happens.

Herosmilest

-1  
Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2017 11:37 pm
@1301barti,
Very sad... So she never loved you.

PUNKEY

1  
Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2017 04:31 pm
What did you do for two months to show her you cared about her?

May I ask your ages?

marknewby

1  
Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2017 05:58 am
@1301barti,
Well, try to make her love you again, but if not, try to forget her