Cuba: your thoughts?

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2017 08:02 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Fbaezer still plays football & baseball, as do I.
I am not on A2k much anymore.
camlok

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2017 08:02 pm
Which A2Ker is gonna drop the "you're off topic" line?

That's always a good way for A2kers to deflect from the actual issues.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2017 08:20 pm
@realjohnboy,
I know. Baez is one of my favorite persons : he is also a person in Mexico the city.

I'm glad to see you.

If he ever posts, the posts are either serious and correct or he is fooling around.

I hope you keep posting - we have missed you, not me being talky.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2017 08:58 pm
@camlok,
Here is an excerpt from an interesting article by a professor emerita at Thomas Jefferson School of Law, former president of the National Lawyers Guild and deputy secretary general of the International Association of Democratic Lawyers.

In 1959, the Cuban Revolution, led by Castro and Ernesto “Che” Guevara, overthrew the ruthless Fulgencio Batista, who had come to power in a coup d’état. Batista’s government had protected the interests of the wealthy landowners. In order to control the populace, Batista had carried out torture and public executions, killing as many as 20,000 people. During his regime, Batista was supported — financially and militarily — by the United States. Indeed, the U.S. Mafia’s gambling, drug and prostitution operations flourished under Batista’s government.

https://consortiumnews.com/2016/12/04/the-remarkable-story-of-fidel-castro/
roger

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2017 09:03 pm
@Glennn,
What a HERO!
Glennn

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2017 09:08 pm
@roger,
What a SPEED-READER!
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2017 01:54 pm
@camlok,
I'm not a fan for a lot of US moves over some length of years.

Your screeming meemies are not useful.
camlok

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2017 01:57 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
I'm not a fan for a lot of US moves over some length of years.

Over 70 illegal invasions, vicious vicious war crimes, genocides, baby killing on a massive scale, tens of millions slaughtered and you talk of "US moves".

What exactly do you see as stopping these senseless tens of millions of murders, Osso?
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2017 02:30 pm
@camlok,
Learning.

Learning is possible.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2017 02:32 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Meantime, I don't just want to see people agreeing with me presently.
0 Replies

cameronleon

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 06:10 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
I know at least some a2kers who have connections, and would like to hear more.

Fidel Castro made a smart move when he sent to the US most of his jail dudes as if they were decent Cubans trying to come here.

These were known as "los Marielitos" (Followers of Mariel)

I remember they were distributed to different cities, including Washington DC.

In the 80's, in Washington DC, a non profit organization managed to obtain a building which was a Funeral Home, and converted it into a shelter.

Between the homeless, there were some Marielitos.

I did work as a volunteer, running a copper pipe from a wall to the ceiling in order to make a wide room as a common shower. I installed 4 shower heads.

The homeless had the facility to sleep and clean up themselves after other modifications made to the building.

The Marielitos were guys who talked in Spanish very fast, with an accent that is particular from the Caribbean region.

One day, when I finished installing the cut off valves, one of them told me that in Cuba the government provides free construction materials to anyone who ask for them to built his house.

Then, what Cubans did, - for example this Cuban is a carpenter- was to reunite a plumber, an electrician, a bricklayer, and helpers, and together building his house. The wife will kill a pig, providing good food at the table, serving beer or rum, and in a few weeks the house of the carpenter was finished.

Later, the bricklayer does the same, and in this way lots of Cubans took advantage of the free construction materials given by the government and they ended having the house they wanted.

Another Marielito, who was also drunk, after hearing what his Cuban friend told me, very seriously gave him a warning, and told him that he was talking too much.

0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2017 04:25 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Um, I just re-read this odd thread of mine.
The person with the present name, camlot, is hysteric. Or likely another poster, a known screamer.
I may have had his views earlier than he did, such a bossy person he acts as.

I remain interested in Cuba. I have no idea what is best for Cuba.

0 Replies