Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren in 2020

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2017 10:42 pm
I am a big fan of both Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. They both are true champions of democrat causes. I would love to see them both on the same ticket for president in 2020. What are the thoughts of other A2K members on a Bernie Sanders-Elizabeth Warren 2020 ticket for president?

hightor

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 03:09 am
@Real Music,
Sanders will be too old.

Warren is more effective as a senator.
layman

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 05:04 am
@Real Music,
If only they were still around, you'd probably like Stalin and Mao better.
0 Replies

MKABRSTI

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 05:31 am
@Real Music,
Maybe we could track down a male descendant or relative of Benito Mussolini in the next year before Trump enforces the immigration to the max make sure we succeed to get him into the country illegally and then start a gofundme account to give him a few millions dollars to run for Congress in Rhode Island for 6 years & then Start another gofundme to raise 10 million so the guy can run for POTUS by the time the campaign comes around all the democratic communists would be even more brainwashed than now & he would be absolutely a perfect Democratic President for our country but only if his leadership skills are similar to how Benitos were.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 07:55 am
@hightor,
At this point, I am not sure it matters how old Sanders is. (is he older than Trump?) If he is the best one out there by the time Trump's re-election season comes around, I would vote for him with no holding back. I don't think he has many health problems, I haven't heard of any.
Lash

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 11:58 am
If the top half of that ticket pans out, I think Tulsi Gabbard is a better candidate than Warren. Warren played turncoat when her endorsement might have gotten Bernie the attention he needed to break through the media blackout and make a showing on Super Tuesday.

I'm not sure progressives will forget that.

Certainly, a younger person would seem a good balance for Bernie's age. Since Bernie is old, we don't want a presidential death in office to hand the works to an establishment Dem, and that's what warren was when the chips were down.
maporsche

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 12:04 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

If the top half of that ticket pans out, I think Tulsi Gabbard is a better candidate than Warren. Warren played turncoat when her endorsement might have gotten Bernie the attention he needed to break through the media blackout and make a showing on Super Tuesday.

I'm not sure progressives will forget that.

Certainly, a younger person would seem a good balance for Bernie's age. Since Bernie is old, we don't want a presidential death in office to hand the works to an establishment Dem, and that's what warren was when the chips were down.

Many progressives don't like Gabbard and don't trust her either.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/05/tulsi-gabbard-president-sanders-democratic-party
revelette1

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 12:05 pm
@Lash,
There was no media black-out. It was simply not all democrats were in favor of Bernie over Hillary. (I didn't and I don't regret it. ) Also, since he was independent, many of his supporters were independent too and many primaries were/are closed primaries.

It really doesn't matter to me what you are going to say in return, this has been rehashed to death and now that Trump is president, it matters not a bit. If he (Sanders)is the best one out of any other running on the democrat ticket, I'll vote for him.
Lash

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 12:55 pm
@revelette1,
You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but not your own private, incorrect facts.

There was a media blackout.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 01:00 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

There was no media black-out. It was simply not all democrats were in favor of Bernie over Hillary. (I didn't and I don't regret it. ) Also, since he was independent, many of his supporters were independent too and many primaries were/are closed primaries.

It really doesn't matter to me what you are going to say in return, this has been rehashed to death and now that Trump is president, it matters not a bit. If he (Sanders)is the best one out of any other running on the democrat ticket, I'll vote for him.

Of course there wasn't a blackout. Bernie was EVERWHERE. Both him and Hillary got shafted by the media obsession with Trump.
Lash

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 01:23 pm
http://reverbpress.com/features/bernie-sanders-was-right-media-blackout-badly-hurt-campaign-harvard-study-confirms/

https://decisiondata.org/news/political-media-blackouts-president-2016/
Data. Many times, the mentions he did get were that he couldn't win...

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 01:30 pm
I no longer have confidence in Warren. I do want someone like Bernie to run.
ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 02:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'm wary of everybody, but I don't just somehow hate Warren. What are your gripes re her, EB?
Lash

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 03:26 pm
@maporsche,
I have seen that. Not very confident about exactly who progressives will settle on.

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Fri 21 Jul, 2017 04:28 am
@revelette1,
Quote:
At this point, I am not sure it matters how old Sanders is.

Well, at this point he's not running, but if he announces then yes, it becomes important. Especially if he's running against someone significantly younger. I'm assuming the florid-faced guy doesn't run for re-election.
Quote:
If he is the best one out there by the time Trump's re-election season comes around, I would vote for him with no holding back.

And I would as well. But let's be honest; people who hold political views similar to ours (left-leaning, activist-government types) hardly represent a majority of the electorate and are probably even a minority in the current Democratic Party which chose Clinton by a wide margin.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 07:49 am
Bernie's philosophy shared by Chomsky.

If people had possessed the guts and sense to vote for Bernie, Chomsky would be sitting in his ratty sweater in the Oval Office, helping Bern shape policy.

Quite a contrast.

https://www.thenation.com/article/noam-chomsky-neoliberalism-destroying-democracy/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 09:04 am
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

I'm wary of everybody, but I don't just somehow hate Warren. What are your gripes re her, EB?

Why do I have to hate Warren? Where do you people get these things. I don't want her for President. Why does that translate to hate?
farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 09:21 am
@edgarblythe,
maybe a "like Bernie" not Brnie.
Gonna be 80 as he takes the oath -phyical limitations an Alzheimers onset. We hve DNA tests that can spot the three genes.

What was the name of the Colo Gov? Hickenlooper. Thats a prfect POTUS name.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 09:24 am
It doesn't have to be Bernie himself that runs, as long as it is somebody with the same philosophy.
Lash

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 09:55 am
@edgarblythe,
I agree.
0 Replies