Elizabeth Warren GRILLS Giant Health Insurer

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2017 10:13 pm
Elizabeth Warren Grills Wells Fargo CEO For Screwing Employees

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2017 06:16 am
https://www.utoronto.ca/news/bernie-sanders-event-u-t-sells-out-talk-will-be-livestreamed

The Bern has a pretty fervent following in Toronto.

More than 20,000 people flooded the event page Friday morning for U.S. senator and former Democratic leadership candidate Bernie Sanders' upcoming visit to the University of Toronto.

Due to the overwhelming response, the event sold out in one minute.

What the U.S. Can Learn From Canadian Health Care will be held on Oct. 29 at Convocation Hall on the downtown Toronto campus. Sanders will be in conversation with Dr. Danielle Martin, associate professor at U of T's Dalla Lana School of Public Health.

Professor Gregory Marchildon of the Dalla Lana School of Public Health, who is the Ontario Research Chair in Health Policy and System Design, will give closing remarks.

“It sold out in less than a minute. I wasn’t surprised by that in part because of his high profile during the presidential campaign for the Democratic Party.”

He said Sanders “captured many Canadians’ attention during that time” because his message was unusual compared to previous candidates and because of the values that he espoused.

For those who weren’t able to get tickets, Sanders’ talk will be livestreamed at 11 a.m. on the day of the event. For streaming details, visit the U of T Facebook page on Oct. 28.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 07:32 pm
Elizabeth Warren BRILLIANTLY Explains America's
Rich Vs. Poor Justice System

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2017 08:41 pm
Senator Bernie Sanders Reacts to Paul Manafort's Indictment

revelette1

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 09:18 am
@Real Music,
Well, I have to admit, I let myself get too turned off by the hype of Bernie Sanders and the "Bernie Bros" and all that stuff that went with it rather than listening to a calm rational quiet interview such as what I just listened to. Not that I am convinced the man was qualified to take on all the issues of which he seems almost dismissive of but of this main passion of bread and butter issues as he put it, I agree 100%. If he had a good running partner who was as interested in other issues, such as Biden, then that would have been super great.

I just hope in the midterms democrats and left leaning independents pick up enough seats to gain more in the house and take back the senate despite the odds so that perhaps even with Trump, maybe we could have universal health care. Maybe if the name "Obamacare" is substituted for "Trump's universal care" he would go for it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 09:34 am
I think Ms. Warren is a wonderfully smart and effective politician. I think she is too smart and nerdy to be a good presidential candidate in the US. The fight against smart / intellectualism / knowledge in the US has gone too far. She's also a woman and that just is too hard for some generations of voters. India, Iceland, Ireland, Germany, England etc ... they can handle smart female leaders. I don't see it for the US.

Charismatic men work for the US. It may change. Maybe even in my lifetime. But smart and female? that's a hard sell.

Mr. Sanders? seemed too old for my liking in 2016 so you know I consider him ancient for 2020.

Bring on the young, smart, charismatic candidates ... wherever they might be found. Find the 35 - 50 year old Democratic-leaning mayors/governors. Bring them up the ranks fast. Train them so they know where the skeletons are in Congress and the Senate. Get them in practice debates now. Run those candidates.

Look at Canadian politicians like Jagmeet Singh, Naheed Nenshi, Chrystia Freeland, Justin Trudeau, Wab Kinew, Rachel Notley, Brian Gallant to see how it can be done.

Look at Elizabeth May in Canada to see how being the smartest politician just doesn't work. Ms. May is similar to Elizabeth Warren in many ways (though further to the left), generally acknowledged as being the most knowledgeable politician we've got (by politicians from all sides) but getting nowhere ever.
cameronleon

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2017 10:42 am
The only way for Democrats to win next presidential elections is challenging president Donald Trump against Madonna.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7467/1265/320/madonna.1.jpg

http://tabloidwhore.blogspot.com/2006/01/worst-photo-of-madonna-ever.html
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2017 01:57 am
Elizabeth Warren & Bernie Sanders Break Down the GOP Tax Plan

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2017 04:21 am
@ehBeth,
agreed, political reality nd geriatric medicine make that team a real one down
Hickenlooper , Im tellin ya. Warren could be his running mate.
Sanders needs to occupy an elder statesman seat
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2017 05:53 am
Sanders needs to stop pretending that he is, or ever was a Democrat.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2017 09:10 am
@ehBeth,
I agree, ehBeth.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:48 am
Whatever Sanders is, everyone should immediately become! The rest of them are ****.

In related news, Al Franken is a groper.
0 Replies

revelette1

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2017 12:09 pm
Not sure what that has to with the thread's topic much less on how it is "related news", but you are right Lash, gross. Makes you look at him in a new light, at least it does me.

Woman accuses Sen. Franken of kissing, groping her without consent

It is like someone opened a can of worms and it is now a plague of worms or something.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2017 08:25 pm
"FIGHT BACK!!!" Elizabeth Warren DESTROYS
Trump in MSNBC Interview on The Rachel Maddow
Show

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 03:05 pm
Elizabeth Warren & Bernie Sanders:
Democratic Priorities in our Budget

coluber2001

Reply Fri 22 Dec, 2017 06:10 pm
@Real Music,
I'd vote for anyone except "he whose name shall not be spoken". I hope we can get somebody more fluent in English next time. Maybe somebody from Mexico with a ladder, an invisible ladder for the invisible wall.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 25 Dec, 2017 02:30 am
@Real Music,
The bum and Princess Moonbat Feathers

http://www.bearfabrique.org/Misc/bumpower.jpg

https://pics.me.me/harvard-churn-3-125-pure-elizabeth-warren-other-known-as-princess-17211694.png
0 Replies