Moving on from five year relationship

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2017 11:21 pm

I am going through a break up from a relationship of five years. It hurts bad. Ok this is kind of long and I would appreciate really true honest answers please. So here we go. I saw my ex a few days ago and we were good and he was being so affectionate to me like holding my hand..hold my waist when we walked...kissed my cheek...just sweet...so we spent a few hours together. Towards the end of that day of us spending time together he started to act different like the affection went away...so we left each other and I called him while I was in my way home to talk about how be was acting..long story short he broke up with me...he talked to me so rude he was mean to me...i was crying so hard while driving I could barely see...this broke me to my core...long story short he called me a h**...smh he called me out my name and that hurt even more....our relationship was up and down a lot...no matter what he did to hurt me I would never call him out of his name...its crazy I am far from a hoe I never did anything to him to make him call me a ing h**....i feel that there is a huge empty part of me after this break up...this really sucks...my self esteem is shot..i kept thinking of what he is doing now..like is he talking to other girls now..these girls may be looking better than me and doing better than me...i feel that I will not find no one else and I will be alone..it really sucks..this man has told me I was the ugliest gf that he been with and that the women that has tried to talk to him look better than me...he said that when we bad an argument...smh...idk y I am so hurt like this but I am really broken...we both had our shortcomings in the relationship but idk y he would call me out my name...i felt I defined my beauty in him...i just need help getting through..i have no females friends my ex was my only friend I had. I am really down on myself and lack self love now. What do i do please about all of this? Now I just recently saw he posted a new girl on his instagram with her kissing on him and holding him. It was at least three different pics of them. Smh. This was just 3 days after he broke up with me. Man it hurts so bad I don't know what to do I feel so lost. Like how you move so quick like that I was never posted on any social media and nownhe posts 3 pics of this girl just 3 days after we broke up. I have no friends I need help guys.

JaneyB

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2017 01:02 am
@Minah223,
I am so sorry you are going through this. It sounds like this really isn't a healthy relationship for you. It is hard but I would really take this time focus on you; build up your confidence, make some new friends, explore new activities that you enjoy, set some goals for yourself. You can get through this and you deserve to be with someone who respects you and loves you.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2017 06:55 am
@Minah223,
I agree, it sounds like a pretty unhealthy relationship.

Use your single time (and please stay single for a while) to better yourself. Education, volunteering, hobbies, exercise, and counseling are all "tools" you can use to recover from a bad relationship AND prepare yourself for a new and better one.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2017 07:14 am
@Minah223,
He called you nasty names. His feelings turned on a dime - he was unreliable. He's no one you should be missing.

Delete his Instagram and block him on every form of communications - social media, phone, everything. Throw away anything he ever gave you, or give it to charity if that's appropriate.

And seriously consider counseling in order to get your confidence back.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2017 02:32 pm
There's probably not one person on this site who hasnt had their heart broken from a dump. It hurts - but you have to decide that you ARE going to get through this!

Use this time to make some changes. Get a new hairdo. Get a manni/ped. Find some female friends. Buy or make a new outfit. Smile at others. There's new love around the next corner WHEN you are ready.

Be realistic about him. Bet if you listed all his positives and negatives, you'd get a better view of him.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2017 02:49 pm
@Minah223,
I dont recommend that you allow others this kind of control over you unless you get of on being used and abused.

Mental Hygiene....decide that you are not going to allow it, take control of your mind, and put it to better use, preferably taking care of you.

Find something or someone that/who makes you happy, then add more of that.
0 Replies

celebritydiscodave

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2017 10:47 am
@Minah223,
(www.) Your emotional reflex is inevitable, not logical but absolutely inevitable, for we function both in and on the journey out of romantic love on our innate drives. Logic/what actually is, beyond your perception, beyond your current reality, can be harnessed as your savior; for you have only to grasp out for it to commence a process of being reborn into the real world of what actually is.

What is is this, that in reality one can only fall/there can only be loss, when there has existed something, a distance, a value, a person of value to fall from. This guy has no value for he has no values, so therefore there exists no
actual loss. You have merely fashioned in his space those cherished ideals of love, so of empathy, forgiveness, of genuine love (he possesses none of these qualities) and made them him. As for the rest you have been in denial. In terms of what actually is it would be most logical that you should celebrate his departure for those that would go with a mere human animal are only to be pitied. There are many men made such. You are infinitely more than this, for you are a human being. Yes, I can help you!
0 Replies