Friend love or real love? Please help!

ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 08:17 am
@Justlittleoldme,
Justlittleoldme wrote:

Hi I'm not sure what you mean by a rehash of a user? ?

someone posted the same scenario very recently

I wondered if you were the same person under a different name
Justlittleoldme

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 09:38 am
@torchwagon,
Thank you for your reply Smile
0 Replies

Justlittleoldme

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 09:40 am
@tibbleinparadise,
Thanks for your comment, I always have got on better with men than women as friends . I guess I am just worried that if I do tell him I just want to be friends that I will discover actually I felt more. Just need to trust my instincts !
ehBeth

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 09:55 am
@Justlittleoldme,
Why not be honest about how you feel right now? that doesn't rule out a change in your feelings in the future. Ask him to slow down with the romance, continue with the friendship, something deeper could develop in the future.

... or both of you could find other people you are truly in love with
Justlittleoldme

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 02:40 pm
@ehBeth,
Hey no this is my first post! Thanks
0 Replies

Justlittleoldme

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 02:45 pm
@ehBeth,
That's a good idea thank you for your suggestion
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 04:03 pm
@Justlittleoldme,
I really feel like you should sit down with him before this trip happens (sooner the better) and give him the scoop on how you feel. You appreciate the gesture and thought behind the trip, the idea of hanging out and doing stuff sounds like fun, but you aren't feeling a romantic connection with him. Try to avoid sounding confused about your feelings or it leaves him with the idea that he just needs to try harder to make you love him. Be firm and concise about how you feel with no room for interpretation. You enjoy his friendship, but no romantic interest and no desire to continue the relationship as a romantic one.

In short, you need to friend zone him and make sure he gets it.

And please don't feel guilty. He's a big boy and should be able to respect how you feel and seek other dating opportunities.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 04:47 pm
@Justlittleoldme,
Justlittleoldme wrote:

Thanks for your comment, I always have got on better with men than women as friends . I guess I am just worried that if I do tell him I just want to be friends that I will discover actually I felt more. Just need to trust my instincts !

Dont expect him to take it well...4 months is a long time to wait to say that you are not feeling it. One hopes you get faster.

Honesty and communication are the backbone of relationships...this stuff is important.
0 Replies

cruzlorenzo

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2017 03:33 am
@Justlittleoldme,
Real love
Get maryed
0 Replies

kapishjewels

Reply Tue 11 Jul, 2017 11:35 pm
@Justlittleoldme,
Sorry, I have no idea.
0 Replies