i have no friends

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:21 am
Funny.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 10:25 am
I have 3 close girl friends from school, they have boyfriends/a husband.Boyfriends may change but they are welcome in our little group.Maybe il add a guy to it one day,sob sob.Violins please.

I was emailing a pal the other day and we worked out 'friend groups'

Group 1-close friends youve known for years from school.They have their own life, you see them now and again and at special times of the year and will be your friends forever even if you argue.
group2-friends you see on a regular basis who you can call up and see what they are doing
group 3-friends who are friends of friends that you like and can talk to but dont really know them
group 4 -people you met once

Something like that anyway.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 12:31 am
You will find someone nice material girl. I would put money on it!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 03:05 am
Aaaah,thanks Australia,4 years and still counting.

Coincidently my parents cam back from a 5 week trip to New Zealand and Australia last Tuesday!They loved it.
0 Replies

australia

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 04:13 am
It makes it hard when I can't email you. Maybe in 6 months time, this forum will let me email you hehe
0 Replies

floggingmolly

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 08:38 pm
wow, it seems hard for me to believe there are others out there who feel like me. i do have some friends but because they all have their own little groups it most often feels like i have no friends. im sick of having no one to hang out with on friday nights because theyre all out with their groups. i just got out of a 2 and a half year relationship but i dont think thats my problem...i hated his friends anyway. im 18, almost 19, at university but not in residence. i have not met a single soul at university and that makes me feel really pathetic. im lonely. i dont know how to meet people and i feel like all my other friends who have moved away to uni are progressing and making new friends and i am the only one who remains stagnant and lame. i'm sure the fact that i am sarcastic and negative and view many of the people at school as douchebags does not help my situation but i cant help but think these things when so many of them act like total idiots...i just want to find some people i have something in common with and who i can go out and have fun with. does anyone have any suggestions?
0 Replies

oldirtymike420

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 12:39 am
i also just got out of a serious relationship and have no friends that are single...well i have one but hes not into chicks at all. lol. i made the mistake of giving up all my free time for my ex's friends and when we broke up i realized i have nothing. Since then I've called a couple friends up and all I got was "yea im going on a doube date with so and so, call you next week."

I just want to find friends that are single, want to go out to clubs and stuff, but are not all about getting drunk all the time and partying. I need to stay focused with my work too. The youngest person at my work is twice my age (38) so thats a bummer for me.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 09:00 am
Christmas eve is usually a bevvy of fun but due to coupledom and couples spending time with their families and potential in laws and friends satying in with their kids nobody was around except a pal who is always drunk and 1 nice couple,no offence to the nice couple but it was rather naff and went home pre midnight.

New Year was alot better but I was still perched on the end of a table surrounded by couples.
Had a great time tho and did a conga.

Still in singledom hell.

One guy told me last year he was thinking of dumping a girl he had been seeing for a few months, saying things were getting too serious for what he wants.Completely fair enough but wouldnt it be better to discuss that before hand.
Some people have a perfectly good person to spend time with and they just throw them away.
Greeeeedy, greeeeedy I tell yoooou.
0 Replies

golfenthusiast

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2005 04:36 am
Re: i have no friends
i have just moved up north and have just joined a college i joined late and i feel like an outcast!i can't stand it i have friends in class but then i have no body to have lunch and break with etc so i just walk home i can't stand being lonely and i had so many friends when i was at my old school and 6th form.
i don't no why but i just can't seem to bond with the people yeah they are friendly but they all have their own group of friends so i am just a reject
I don't no what o do either but i sure which i could have at least one person i could speak to properly. Sad i would also just ike someone who i can go out with and have laugh like go to a pub or summit!
So don't worry you aren't the only one in a bad situation!
0 Replies

strolling

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 01:52 am
hey floggingmolly n golfenthusiast, i feel the exact same way. i'm currently at uni, but i dont live in student campuses and feel like i've missed out on social life. seems like i'm different from everyone else, or perhaps seems like i have not been able to meet people who are just like me. i've got sum classmates which i know in class but we dont hang out outside class, and everyone is just so individualistic at uni! plus, i'm doing IT, which most of them are such extremist dat they don't really communicate with people. and i just cant stand people who have a wrong set of thinking. i was just reflecting on myself last few days, asking meself what was it that had me no friends compared to everyone? perhaps i am too picky with friends? i really don't know but i hope things gets better this year.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 03:10 am
Last week I was told by 3 friends that they had been invited to a fancy dress party and they all asked ME what they should go as.
I helped out but i was surrounded by people that had been invited to a cool fancy dress party and i hadnt been invited.
I went most of the weekend feeling bad but then I rationalised it by telling myself that I may not even know the people whose party it is.
Turns out I did know them but I hardly ever see them so I didnt feel as bad.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:12 am
strolling wrote:
perhaps i am too picky with friends?

For several years I lived with 30+ people (in a BIG house) -- I haven't had so many friends at once before or since, and hardly any of them were people I'd pick to be friends. It made for a totally different dynamic, which I miss in some ways. (It also drove me crazy in some ways.)

Maybe some variation of that, where you're thrown together with people whether you think of them as friend material or not. I got two or three lifelong friends and a husband out of my experience.
0 Replies