Pentagon Board Report: "US 'alienating' world's Muslims"

Einherjar

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 12:19 pm
Wild guess, gungasnake.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 12:21 pm
Isn't it curious, though, how in America you could count on one hand the incidents of citizen reprisals against those of Islamic or Arab appearance just after 9/11, when thousands were murdered by the "crazies".

I'm not sure how many mosques and schools were burned in Amsterdam after one man was murdered, but somehow I don't think the "hypocrisy" shoiuld or can be limited to the US.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 12:23 pm
Quote:
To which "US extremists" are you referring?

The US Christian extremists which are running this war. Who else?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 12:26 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
To which "US extremists" are you referring?

The US Christian extremists which are running this war. Who else?

Cycloptichorn

And that's "Cyclopspeak" for whom, exactly?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 12:28 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Isn't it curious, though, how in America you could count on one hand the incidents of citizen reprisals against those of Islamic or Arab appearance just after 9/11, when thousands were murdered by the "crazies".

I'm not sure how many mosques and schools were burned in Amsterdam after one man was murdered, but somehow I don't think the "hypocrisy" shoiuld or can be limited to the US.

And so one incident in Holland is representative of the entire muslim population, but a handful of incidents in America is considered low, not representative of Americans, and something we should congratulate ourselves for.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 12:29 pm
Quote:

Are you always this dense?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 12:30 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

I guess they want you to name names.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 12:31 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn

I don't understand why you would want me to assume what the hell you're talking about?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 12:33 pm
I don't really care what you assume.

If ya can't figure out what I'm talking about, there's no point in talking to ya...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 12:36 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

If ya can't figure out what I'm talking about, there's no point in talking to ya...

Cycloptichorn

I take it, then, that you really didn't have a point to make with your "US Christian extremists" comment?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 12:37 pm
The point has already been made for everyone else....

Here's a novel idea: Quit being a jerk and post something substantial if you're going to post. Not that I think you will....

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 12:39 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

I take it, then, that you really didn't have a point to make with your "US Christian extremists" comment?

No point at all, just making bigoted comments to inflame hate against a specific group. Can you imagine that kind of comment coming from a Christian about a group they don't like?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 12:41 pm
Quote:
Can you imagine that kind of comment coming from a Christian about a group they don't like?

Funny you should ask.

JustWonders Wrote:
Quote:
It would be good for all (not just America, but let's include Western Europe as well) to know that the value system/moral code of many Muslims is incompatible with the basic convictions of Western civilization, period.

Just ask Holland.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1039040#1039040

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 12:45 pm
Freeduck - the fact is that real, genuine Muslims have beliefs that are totally incompatible with Western culture and not only that but incompatible with the law in ALL countries that are not Islamic Theocracies.

There are plenty of examples all over the world, and some countries have reacted much more extremely than has the US.

Remember, the man who murdered Van Gogh in Amsterdam was an immigrant. If he and those like him cannot tolerate freedom of speech, perhaps they should stay in those countries where blasphemy laws (say, Pakistan) are the norm.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 12:51 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
The point has already been made for everyone else....

Here's a novel idea: Quit being a jerk and post something substantial if you're going to post. Not that I think you will....

Cycloptichorn

I asked you to clarify who exactly you believe are the "Christian extremists" running the war for the US? You, incredibly, seem to think I should be able to figure that one out on my own. Do you think the entire US Military is comprised of "Christian extremists." Do you think the Generals at the top are "Christian extremists." Donald Rumsfeld? Bush? I'm just trying to figure out your comment, but you apparently don't think enough of your remark to put any "meat on the bones."

How am I being a jerk by asking you to clarify what the hell you're talking about?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 01:09 pm
Baldimo wrote:
No point at all, just making bigoted comments to inflame hate against a specific group. Can you imagine that kind of comment coming from a Christian about a group they don't like?

We see that type of post from people claiming to be Christians every day on this board.

It's nothing new.

Quote:
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects of Christianity, we shall find few that have not in turns been persecutors and complainers of persecution. The primitive Christians thought persecution extremely wrong in Pagans, but practiced it on one another. The first Protestants of the Church of England blamed persecution on the Roman church, but practiced it on the Puritans. They found it wrong in Bishops, but fell into the practice both here (England) and in New England"--Benjamin Franklin, _Poor_Richard_, 1758
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 01:09 pm
JustWonders wrote:

I get the impression that they've got about a half dozen (at least) European countries in which leftist yuppie leaders have invited the islammic hordes in to live and in which the common people are about one step away from outright rebellion. My advice to the people in those countries, if it comes to it, the arms market best and nearest to you is probably Russia.

Check this out:

http://www.rusarm.ru/p_frame/main.htm

I mean, the only requirement I can see anywhere on that site for buying any of that stuff is money.

Can you imagine having something like that little 120mm self-propelled gun on the first day of deer season?

http://www.rusarm.ru/p_prod/army/im_army/nona.jpg

I mean, picture fifty deer just walking out of the woods with their hands over their heads and waving white flags...
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 01:12 pm
By all means, let us go back several hundred years to prove a point because that is just so relevant to the discussion at hand.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 01:19 pm
I'd say it's rather obvious to any intelligent observer who the Christian extremists are who are running this war.

If it's not obvious to you, fine.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 01:25 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I'd say it's rather obvious to any intelligent observer who the Christian extremists are who are running this war.

If it's not obvious to you, fine.

Cycloptichorn

Why are you afraid to name names? COuld it be because you don't have a leg to stand on?
0 Replies