Best Sport

Laeknir Scrat

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 12:17 pm
I guess I'm the only one interested on the Handball World Cup. Iceland tied with the Czech Republic. What a game!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 12:18 pm
I wish it was broadcast in baseball land
0 Replies

Laeknir Scrat

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 12:29 pm
Well, the US did not qualify. Canada and Brazil did for the Americas (and they both took a whipping in the first day).
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 12:30 pm
If we're not in it I'm not interested...kidding
0 Replies

needanswers

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 12:39 pm
My favourite sport, in which I participate within, is Track & Field Athletics. No matter which event I compete in, I always get a buzz from competing in front of big crowds. My favourite sports to watch (other than T&F) would have to be (American) Football and Golf... Smile
0 Replies

Laeknir Scrat

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 12:57 pm
Hey, I forgot. Argentina also qualified. They fought fiercely, but lost their debut against Croatia.

Hrvatska is losing at first half against Japan! They'll recover, but I doubt they'll repeat as champions. This leaves Germany as the favorite.

Where is MOU? Did he become a member of the new Croatian government or what?
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 01:57 pm
well this years hockey season has been a let down... the lock out is making me mad
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 10:07 am
Here I am Laeknir don't worry Smile Sorry for Iceland though Sad

As for us...5-0 so far (Argentina 36:23, Japan 34:25, Australia 38:18, Spain 33:31, Sweden 28:27 /without two best players/....)
And we go on.....

But I do agree...too many players are injured or "semi-injured" and we already achieved what no one ever achieved in Team Handball (to be world champions and olympic gold medalists in same time) so one more world gold would really be sensation.

My prognosis for semifinal:

Croatia - Russia
Spain - Greece (yeah, that is really bizarre, but if they win against weak Czechs and already eliminated Slovenians they are in semifinals, unless host Tunisia wins all three games which I doubt they can)

Final Croatia-Spain...

Well, damn, maybe we will win it after all Very Happy
Nah, I think Spain in final.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 10:08 am
and, btw, we don't have new government, just new president. Wait, even he is not new Wink
0 Replies

thorman944

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 10:35 am
big game hunting.

for me, it's all about whitetail. i was just reading an article about how in the cold temperatures, the vascular (heart/blood vessels) system slows down and it's capacity is diminished. also in the article, 50 test subjects wore heart monitors that showed 100 to 140% max heart rates were common in activities such as hiking in, setting up a tree stand, stalking, and before and during the harvesting of a deer, the predator/prey syndrome kicks in an adrenelyn (sp?) rush that often sends heart rates over 140% of non-flight-or-fight maximum capacity. also, the dragging of a 150 lb harvested deer uphill, through woods, streams, etc... for what is usually 1/2 mile to 2 miles to get back to the truck can push the heartrate over it's max.

now, that's an extreme sport. also useful. what happened in indonesia could someday happen in the 'civilized' world, and these soft people would starve to death without such basic survival skills of killing game for food.

(let the t-huggers barrage begin - t)
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 10:45 am
Awww...room for everyone in here. Balmers not far from some prime hunting grounds in the NW part of the state , if I remember right.
We had about 240 acres near Johnstown Pa. posted No Hunting and the deer seemed to hang out in our domain a lot...smart critters.
Get with cjhs, a big hunting fan on this forum.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 12:07 am
Basketball, football (international), and hockey are the best team sport in my opinion.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 03:12 pm
well, if anyone is still interested, World Handball Championship ended:

Gold Medal Match:
Spain - Croatia 40:34

Bronze Medal Match
France - Tunisia 26:25
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 06:43 pm
Fishing.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 11:59 pm
MyOwnUsername wrote:
well, if anyone is still interested, World Handball Championship ended:

Gold Medal Match:
Spain - Croatia 40:34

Bronze Medal Match
France - Tunisia 26:25

That's a sport? Shocked Damn, my mom used to scold me like a dog when I'd play, I'm about to call and tell her I'm a motherf#ckin' sports star.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 01:34 pm
umm...not.
This is not "american handball", one where you hit the ball against the wall.
It's team sport, very rough and attractive, some kind of mixture of rugby and basketball but with soccer type of goals. Very popular in Europe, North Africa and East Asia, moderately popular in some South American countries - completely unknown in USA/Canada/Australia.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 02:09 pm
now, some photos:

http://www.ihf.info/MEDIA/11431,0.jpg

http://www.ihf.info/MEDIA/thumbs/13259,0,550.jpg

http://atenas2004.diarioelzonda.com/otros/51086880JF003_HNDmg_GER_CRO.jpg
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 10:11 am
That looks a lot more interesting and fun than the "American" version. Like water polo on dry land.

Soccer is still the best sport.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 11:34 am
I like sports where you get to eat the trophy.

http://www.bigfishcharters.com/images/tuna22.jpg

http://www.tednugent.com/photos/hunt/szhog3.JPG
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 11:47 am
Um, cjhsa ... I like hunting too, but I'm not sold that you can really consider it a sport unless the boar/deer is armed with a rifle and firing back. Not saying it isn't fun and all, ... just saying it's not really a sport in my view. Kinda like sailing a boat ... fun ... but not a "sport" unless you're racing.
0 Replies