Best Sport

Laeknir Scrat

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 11:54 am
Cricket is out. No serious sport has games that last three days.

Softball and baseball are out. In a good sport, players are supposed to move a lot, not only once in a while.

American football is out. I cannot consider a sport in which referees are told by the television networks when to stop and when to continue the game.

Football is out. Can't vote for a sport in which they move the ball at midfield for 85 of the 90 minutes, the game ends 0-0 and it's supposed to be fun. They might as well skip a rope for 90 minutes.

Basketball is the opposite of footie, but only a little better. Zig-score, zag-score, zig-foul-score, zag-score. Only the last two minutes and the players-fans brawls gather some interest.

Ice hockey and waterpolo are fun. But handball is the real thing: movement, strategy, strength, tecnique, the just quantity of goals.

(I've been told that American women practice an intriguing sport: mud wrestling. I haven't seen it, but it seems attractive)
0 Replies

ocsoftballer

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 12:16 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
How the hell is softball winning? It's not a real sport...it's baseball for girls and drunk guys.

Softball is a real sport. why is that softball teams wear shorts and baseball teams wear pants? cuz girls have more guts. also if softball isnt a real sport id like to see you have a ball thrown at you at 70mph from 40ft away. anyways, girls make the game look better!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 12:38 pm
If I can hit a baseball at 90mph, I'm pretty sure I can hit a softball. Granted, it would take some practice, but I used to do it.

I know it's a "real" sport, I just don't know how more people would vote it's a better sport than baseball...it's not like there's pro softball teams.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:19 pm
Absolutely no doubt in my mind, Basketball is by far the most beautiful and enjoyable game. Unless of course you aren't good and then you don't, and don't deserve to, enjoy it.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 09:53 pm
ugh! I can't believe my three favourite sports didn't make the list.
Hockey, golf and volleyball.
0 Replies

ocsoftballer

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 12:48 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
If I can hit a baseball at 90mph, I'm pretty sure I can hit a softball. Granted, it would take some practice, but I used to do it.

When hitting a softball its takes quicker reflects than most major league baseball players ave. during the all star softball game many pros couldnt even get contact on jennie finch.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 01:40 pm
Læknir Scrat wrote:
Cricket is out. No serious sport has games that last three days.

A full international Test Match can last 5 days! And still end as a draw!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 01:47 pm
ocsoftballer wrote:
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:

When hitting a softball its takes quicker reflects than most major league baseball players ave. during the all star softball game many pros couldnt even get contact on jennie finch.

Well Jennie Finch is an exception...I definitely couldn't hit her.

But if you're implying that female college softball players can hit Dvision 1 softball pitching, but a pro baseball player couldn't, that's pretty damn funny.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 02:06 pm
Baseball!

It's been rerry verry good... for me!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 02:09 pm
basketball..specifically...ACC basketball.....
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 02:09 pm
hey ocsoftballer i would love to see one of your softball girls hit a pitch from randy johnson or nolan ryan. I mean come on. please.

Baseball and hockey is were its at for me... played baseball for 9 years (catcher and first base) and ice hockey for 4 (right and left wing) man i love these games!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 02:10 pm
WNBA! It's FAAAAANTASTIC!!!

I'd rather drink leaded paint than sit through a game.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 02:12 pm
Slappy prefers water sports.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 02:13 pm
Yes. Especially with the elderly.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 02:13 pm
man i thought the WNBA was going to be great... hot chicks without bras shootin hoops.. instead i got post op transexuals fighting over a mulit colored ball...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 02:32 pm
Of course, seed.

If they smartened up and just hired hot chicks, nobody would care if they could play ball or not. And require no bras allowed, of course. Ratings through the roof.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 02:33 pm
and if they did that they might actually be able to sell out an arena or two... maybe even sell a couple season passes
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:05 pm
Quote:
Well Jennie Finch is an exception...I definitely couldn't hit her.

you could always try to hit on her...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:10 pm
Yea, I'm sure I'd get REAL far, too.

Actually, one of my friends is friends with her boyfriend.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:15 pm
man, i thought she was a dead ringer to be playing for the other team... but i guess not.
0 Replies