Christmas with Snow Without

Etruscia

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 04:09 pm
Damn, unfortunately snow was rained away today.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 02:13 pm
See - most people in the world don't have snow at Christmas - even in the northern hemisphere. You have to go somewhere to get snow at that particular time.

We have sun, blue skies, beaches, mangoes and other magic summer fruits, and - I forgot before - CRICKET!
What's not to love???? Cool Razz
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 02:15 pm
hmmmm....cricket?
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 02:34 pm
cricket...
...uniforms...
......white...
.........Christmas...

oh, now I get it
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 02:39 pm
George
Razz
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 03:40 pm
I don't do beaches that other people are on.
I don't do mangos.

I'll happily wait here for snow.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 03:40 pm
i hate snow.
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 03:46 pm
I love it. In moderation.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 03:47 pm
She don't do beaches that other folks do
She don't do mangos; they turn into goo
She's not inspired by a tropical view.

That's why the lady likes the snow...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 04:02 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

Bram

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 06:02 pm
There is something to be said about the first snow of the year. That's when the Christmas season starts. People start going shopping, and if you need to have a new pair of boots or winter tires for your car, then you scramble as fast as you can to the mall.

It does feel weird without snow at Christmas. I don't say that I like snow at Christmas, just that it is weird. I would rather NEVER have snow all year round.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 06:29 pm
another year down another chirstmas without snow. i hate it... every year i get my hopes up that i will wake up and look out my window and have frosted glass and see snow covering the area. Yet its 60 some degrees out side and its decemeber. Its just not fair. Im in NC and yet people in ark. and tx. are getting snow... i WANT SNOW!
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:12 pm
We just got 30cm in southern ontario. Snowboarding season is open my friends, and it will be a white christmas.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 11:49 pm
Doesn't look like we'll have snow for Christmas, but there's still snow on the ground from last week, so atleast we'll have a white Christmas :-D

Happy holidays everyone :-D
0 Replies

ForeverYoung

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 04:19 am
I love snow, but since this thread relates to Christmas, why not have one without it? Surely, that must have been the way it was when Jesus (the historical or biblical) was born.
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 07:37 am
There wasnt a christmas when jesus was born. There was one in Rome during the end of December before the new year to celebrate the wealth of the harvest and good health. It was not until after a couple centuries CE did christianity adopt the holiday in order to make the religion more attractive to Roman citizens.

So to answer your question, . . . i dont know, if you lived in Northern Italy you might of got snow.
0 Replies

ForeverYoung

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 07:40 am
Etruscia wrote:
There wasnt a christmas when jesus was born.

And I didn't say there was. However, since Christmas celebrates the date selected for the birth of Jesus; and, further, since that birth supposedly took place in the Middle East; there would have been no snow.

In the US, we are brought up to believe that snow for the holidays is preferable.

Where I live, there will be no snow.

(Did any of that answer the question? DOH)
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 10:20 am
Watched a programme last night on the 'Magi' it was really interesting.....they were priests from Persia (zoastrians - not sure of sp.). Anyway archiologists and Astronomers put Jesus's birth in June 8b.c. Smile
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 12:00 pm
The shepherds keeping watch over their flocks? That would be springtime, lambing season--not December.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 02:19 pm
The temp shot up to almost 60F last night and by the time 8am hit, the snow was all gone. It looks like we won't have a white Christmas after all, but all is good. We'll get plenty of the white stuff all winter long to make up for that.

Merry Christmas all :-D
0 Replies