Interesting Maps

rabel22

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 08:14 pm
So I misunderstood you when you declared me too stupid to be able to understand the nuanaces of the law concerning public land use and the purchase of mineral rights. It looks to me like you posted a lot of words that dident address my post. But you sure sounded like you knew what you were talking about. You must be a professional politician.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 10:59 pm
Suit yourself.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 12:31 am
CowDoc wrote:
Mesquite, the leases are based on neither years nor acres. They are instead based on Animal Unit Months (AUM's). As such, they are not subject to the differences in grazing efficiency, but they are subject to the whims of federal biologists, who hold all the cards in determining how many cattle or sheep can be on a allotment for how long. Most AUM will run about a dollar and a half per month per animal, but the prices are tied to the cattle market. They rise and fall with the price of cattle to make sure that the price is fair, but the rancher will be able to afford to graze public lands. Out here, public lands grazing is an integral part of our Community Wildfire Prevention Plan, because grazing reduces fast fuels and ladder fuels that contribute to the risk to our community. Since all the Forest Service attempts at harvest have been tied up by the appeals process, grazing is the best tool we have to use for fire prevention through land management.

CowDoc, did you read the link I provided? It was addressing the grazing leases for state land and the bidding process for obtaining them. You are describing the method used for federal BLM and Forrest Service lands. That would apply to the BLM lease such as the one for the Thomas' mentioned in the other linked article.
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 06:53 pm
Sorry, I missed that. We don't have state lands here, so I tend to think in terms of BLM and USFS processes. I'll try to pay better attention next time.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 07:15 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
The colors are pretty. Nevertheless, the electorate is split 50/50 in national elections.

The claim I read in a number of places is that the MSM handed the dems 15% of the vote in this recent election. That basically says that what the dems actually have is the same 30% (losers) which Hitler used to get in elections, plus another 15% (gullible) provided by the MSM.

That's not a 50/50 split in anybody's book. On a level playing field, this election would have been 70/30 and, as more and more people connect to the internet and begin to find alternate sources of information, that 15% provided by the media is going to do nothing but go down.
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 09:07 pm
gungasnake wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:
The colors are pretty. Nevertheless, the electorate is split 50/50 in national elections.

The claim I read in a number of places is that the MSM handed the dems 15% of the vote in this recent election. That basically says that what the dems actually have is the same 30% (losers) which Hitler used to get in elections, plus another 15% (gullible) provided by the MSM.

That's not a 50/50 split in anybody's book. On a level playing field, this election would have been 70/30 and, as more and more people connect to the internet and begin to find alternate sources of information, that 15% provided by the media is going to do nothing but go down.

Sources? And who could actually predict what particular stimulus handed the Democrats a specific percentage? Perhaps I'm wasting my time asking such questions...
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 09:43 pm
Ach! My avatar died! That's what I get for asking about sources. Laughing
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 11:19 pm
Steppenwolf wrote:

Sources?

http://www.calblog.com/archives/004109.html

Quote:

Remember the steady drumbeat in the mainstream media even about the non-issue of President Bush's National Guard service? Just imagine what the media would have done to Bush if he had the baggage that Kerry had! Dan Rather would have been laughing and snorting with "Genghis Khan" references in every newscast; the media would have endlessly played footage of Bush heaving medals over the White House fence; the interview in which he confessed "yes, yes, I committed … atrocities … contrary to the Geneva Conventions," would have been played ad infinitum. In short, the media would have buried Bush if he had Kerry's record.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 11:40 pm
I see your sources are as reliable as ever, G-snake.
0 Replies

Steppenwolf

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 11:47 pm
A random blog that quotes the off-the-cuff boasting of two professed Democrats in the media? Neither person offers a shred of evidence, and this alleged "truth" is coming from the exact sources you disparage. It's not even clear that these people are being serious. It's truly mystifying that you would offer this as evidence of anything. Very Happy
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 12:01 am
Exactly my point....
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 12:31 am
W. is clearly putting the thing to the test in keeping Dick Cheney around as veep. In other words, dems aren't going to even know who the candidate is next time until after the pubby convention, i.e. the MSM won't have a year and a half to wage a relentless propaganda campaign against the republican candidate.

I'm guessing the dems will get about 35% of the vote.
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 07:26 am
I'm guessing you are way off as usual.
0 Replies