Hangover Cure

smorgs

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 03:07 am
Feeling very rough:

Any suggestions?

Should I go out tonight (invitaion) and do it all again?

Don't drink for months (years, even) and then I go on a bender, usually at others insistance.

If I stay in - it's only the X factor on telly!
Oh what to do...what to do Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,887 • Replies: 27
No top replies

carbuncle

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 10:40 pm
For a hangover I found that Premesyn works fantastically. Hair of the dog works the first day after but is very taxing on the 3rd day! Laughing These days I only drink about 2 days a week,cant handle more than that. But if you got the chance to go again,go!!! Shoot yeah
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 10:43 pm
I heard that eating pickles when you first get up helps.
0 Replies

carbuncle

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 10:53 pm
Interesting. I learned that the majority of the pain of a hangover is from hydrocephalus( is that how its spelled?). Its water on the brain,and the exess pressure is what causes the physical discomfort of the brain. And what relieves water pressure in the body better than pre-menstrual medicine? So,I decided to try it and it worked perfectly! I'm a guy by the way and there was no noticable side effects except that I now shave my legs daily and constantly look at my but in every passing mirror. Mr. Green
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:09 am
I stayed in!
Thanks for the replies! I stayed in, hope I didn't sound like a lush ('cos I hardly ever drink).

Instead I watched a great programme on BBC2 about the making of Band Aid's 'Do they know it's Chrismas?' I can't believe it's twenty years ago!

Then I ate a jar of pickles watching 'A Mighty Wind' on DVD......How apt! :wink:
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 11:40 am
Sarah, sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you'd be so kind as to weigh in on this thread when you get a chance.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 12:06 pm
Weigh in?
Watcha talking about kicky......you know I am new, you calling me fat? Surprised I didn't see you on the 'four more years of Bush, blah blah' thread, where I got a telling off, you Americans are very scary people sometimes.........anyway, just was surprised to see a thread with the word 'bush' and no kicky. I'm here now (wasn't going to come back as I'm not as witty or learned as you all seem to be, but the call of kicky was STRONG) Twisted Evil
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 12:10 pm
I'm sorry, I forgot you were pretty new to this stuff. Just click on this link.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19266&highlight=

It's a thread about sex, so I would have thought you'd be eager to get in on it. Smile
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 12:20 pm
let me in!
I can see the list of avatars, but no txt, when will I be big enough to come in? Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 12:35 pm
Damn, you've stumped me, Sarah. I have no idea what is going on with your computer. I guess it's just like having sex with a virgin. You just have to keep trying, and eventually you'll get in there...
0 Replies

ukman

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 05:29 pm
ah my subject.... Embarrassed

you need
1.a giant subway meatball sandwich with extra chillies.
or
2.the biggest greasiest full english breakfast
or
3.guinness
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 11:19 am
The Full English
Thanks for the tip(s)

The full English sounds like heaven, never been one for the 'black stuff' though, but I might try it next time......where are you? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ukman

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 04:23 pm
about 30 miles away sarah....blackburn
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 04:50 pm
There's an over-the-counter drug in the U.S., Ascripton, that works well for me. It's aspirin coated with Maalox (something to soothe the stomach). I recommend it!

Of course, if I had the English breakfast at my disposal, I'd try that...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 05:01 pm
Anyone ever heard of Beroca?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 05:07 pm
Do tell, cjhsa...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 05:16 pm
Sorry, I misspelled that. It's Berocca. A friend brought me some from Australia, that's where I first heard of it. But apparently you can get it just about anywhere now, just maybe not in your local pharmacy. Great stuff for hangovers.

http://www.berocca.co.uk/
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 02:07 am
Ukman, so near so far. Did ya hear about Ozzy on the news this morning? I know I shouldn't laugh, but the thought of Ozzy having a burglar in a headlock cracks me up. Good job Kelly wasn't there....burglar would be dead!

I love Blackburn!

Don't suppose your watching Strictly Come Dancing, watched Roger Black doing the shimmyand now I'm hooked. Is it a girl thing?

'Resolve' is good, but a full English is more enjoyable!
0 Replies

ukman

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 04:58 pm
ozzy is my hero...or was until he went docsoapy.............

ive seen him /sabbath live about 20 times ,we had tix for his hometown gig last halloween before he injured him self...

OZZY IS THE GODFATHER OF METAL!!!!!LONG LIVE OZZZZZZ

make sure the full english as mushies
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 10:01 pm
I wasn't 'dissing' the godfather, apologies for the suggestion that you sound like someone who watches strictly come..............don't forget the fried bread! :wink:
0 Replies