Why am I so unhappy in my relationship?

vikorr

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 05:57 am
@Maybebroken,
Quote:
What I don't get is why it's hard to understand that your girlfriend isn't on the same level as your buddies. I most definitely don't see him equal to my friends. He's my boyfriend.
Considering the rest of your writing, I'm not sure you see the irony in your views.

Relationship is important, and so are your friends. This means a few different things:

- there should be friendship between a couple, and
- a woman should still never try to replace a guys friends; and
- What a guy talks about with his friends, isn't the same as what he talks about with his girlfriend (for obvious reasons)

Considering how young you are, there are several other considerations:
- he may be in the habit of seeking advice from his friends, and be very comfortable with that. It's possible he hasn't even considered talking with you about it (for example, maybe his father never discussed such things with his mother, but he saw his father discussing them with his friends)
- your reactions when he talks to you, may push him away from talking to you about particular subjects (a LOT of people aren't aware that they do this when particular subjects are brought up)
- he may plain be uncomfortable talking to his partner about some things (for whatever reason)

Rather than suffering in silence, sit down and have a talk with him (do NOT do this straight after you've become irritated by the behaviour you find hurtful. Do it while you are calm & thoughtful. Otherwise, your tone will come off as attacking, which usually results in negative outcomes)

0 Replies