IM FOND OF BIG BREASTS

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 06:38 am
but I lost. my wife, was in charge of buying the turkey this year. SO she went out and ordered one of these trendy" Heritage Birds". These are turkeys that are the original , genetically unmodified turkeys, that we had in farms in the 1800s. The turkeys are supposedly mostly dark meat and have a special turkeyish gamey flavor. I hope we like it .

Has anyone tried one of these "Heritage Breeds"? They are really pricey, my wife said that we will have to shell out over 3.50 a pound. Theyr givin turkeys away at the Acme whenever your grocery bills add up to 300 bucks. Ineed my breast meat slavered in great dark gravvy. DRROOOL.

Im sorry if youve visited this thread by trickery. I just was peeking back at some of my old posts and whenever I used "breast, or naked women" I got more hits. Most of them were probably Bi polar.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,897 • Replies: 22
No top replies

doglover

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 07:01 am
I wasn't tricked at all by the title of your thread farmerman. I don't have a dirty mind like so many posters here...especially Kicky, Bi-Polar and gus.

You can purchase a nice, plump, big breasted frozen Butterball turkey here in Baltimore for about 89 cents a pound. I love turkey, it's my favorite white meat...well, almost. :wink:

btw...I love your tagline farmerman. Mr. Green
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 07:16 am
BALTEEMORE- well hon, the Heritage Turkey ranch is over near Bel Air in the "land of pleasant living"
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 07:19 am
I hope you like it as well. Let this Canajun know how is turns out. I still have some turkey breast I roasted in the fridge, and it's not bad, but standard. The wife bought it. I have an awesome rabbit in the freezer though. That will be the next meal. It's from a farm I know well.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 07:37 am
Dark meat means a bit more fat.

Have you looked into brining your turkey?

http://www.members.tripod.com/Howtuz/brineturkey.html
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 08:19 am
Of course someone named farmerman would like big breasts. Dairy farmer, right?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 08:23 am
deep fry your big breasted turkey....oh my god is that decadent. you almost die from a coronary right there but if you did, it would so be worth it.

yum.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 08:24 am
roger wrote:
Of course someone named farmerman would like big breasts. Dairy farmer, right?

If so, he pulls titties all day long. Shocked Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 08:30 am
nope-sheep and some beefs.

noddy we tried brining one year it was nice and juiicy. We tried frying it one time and it was raw. (underdone)
I like the 475 at 10 min per pound lying on its side. You flip it over at half the total roasting time. You must cover the upside breast and leg for thhe first half. then you flip it and cook the upside uncovered for the remainder. It looks aand taastes greaat. I dont know about thhese heritage turkeys. They look more like velociraptors. These birds are buff. and theyre free range. I hope it wont be tough.
Im just kvetching cause i wont have my big fat turkey that has to use a walker to get around. Those birds look like Kate SMith and are bursting with flaavor.
Cav-do you do a lot of turkey throughout the year? It seems to be a versatile bird.

My faav leftover is a Turkey corn pie.(welschkaan und Pohawn boi-in Pa Dutch)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 08:33 am
We tried to smoke a turkey a couple of years ago. Didn't taste bad, but it was hell keeping it lit.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 08:36 am
Very Happy
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 08:47 am
Very Happy

smokin' a turkey...he he he....that's good... Laughing
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 09:34 am
bet he used mesquite!!
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 10:01 am
farmerman wrote:
BALTEEMORE- well hon, the Heritage Turkey ranch is over near Bel Air in the "land of pleasant living"

Really? OMG...I've lived here my whole life and never heard of the Heritage Turkey ranch. Confused
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 01:51 pm
You just won't let go of that damn mesquite, will you? It was a joke. Just a joke. We didn't know somebody was actually going to buy the crap, you know.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 10:00 pm
well , doglover. I mispoke, the turkeys are Heritage , the Farm is anoither name (sadly, my wife is gonna keep it a secret until i have to drive the 50 miles to Bel Air and find the damn place )'thhere is supposed to be a farmers market in the area where thhis turkey guy sells his faancy birds.

I am so hoping that this doesnt wind up tasting 9or looking) like EMU meat.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 10:43 pm
Never tried a heritage turkey, but I've had free range birds many times...more dark meat - I prefer the white.

A couple of months ago I had a bash at my place. I brought a turkey to the local chinese BBQ joint and had them do there thang. It was a delicious bird, moist with a crispy skin...yummm! I recommend this technique highly.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 11:06 am
farmerman--

I was rather impressed with emu--but I was cooking cutlets, not an complete carcass.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 12:40 pm
And all this time, Noddy, I thought it was that Bandersnatch.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 12:45 pm
I know a guy who has a high fence deer hunting ranch. I visited the place once, and near the office, there was a pen with two emu's in it. I asked him what they were for. "Burgers" was his reply.

Apparently they were harrassing the fawns and he'd had enough.
0 Replies