What to do after this breakup...

sleepfuzzy

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 05:45 pm
Beating a dead horse
Hey man, I am going through a similar situation. The fights between my ex and I kept coming in greater frequency. We still live together but I am having a rough time with that as she is now seeing other people - me included. Sometimes I am not sure if she just pities me and hates to see me suffer so she spends some time with me. But she has done me wrong in some ways. We loved each other, but sometimes the fights were unbearable at times. She just needed out and I was refusing to let her go. I'm still in that bad place but I'm getting a lot of good feedback from this site. Let me know how that works out for you bro.
0 Replies

sleepfuzzy

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2004 05:48 pm
Hope
I too unfortunately seem to hold on to the possibility that this is just a bad phase and that we will end up back together. But everyone is telling me, and I'm seeing this to be true, that I should just take my losses and move on. To be honest with you, deep deep inside, I really want her back, to realize that she doesn't want to be without me - and if cutting contact with her does that then I'm doing it, and part of me believes that, but I'm not going to put in a lot of heart into it this time. Just riding it out. I don't want to hurt myself anymore. I'm tired of trying.
0 Replies

el pohl

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2004 12:47 pm
Yes, I guess the point is just to say "no" to placing ourselves in a position where we will suffer when there's nothing we can do to change things. Ultimately, the big decision will be the one that the lady takes. Breaking off contact would be the best thing on the short run for both parts, probably on the long one too... probably.

That's what a third person would say. What I'm doing currently though, is just some ocassional chat via phone and instant messaging. Im looking forward to see her on this weekend, but I don't know what can happen though. I hate waiting for her, and I'm almost positive that she will tell me that she is still confused. That only makes me dream, and meanwhile she has me on her hand. Women love having someone around them (who doesn't), but I think that if I leave just like that, she won't come back, so I stay. I guess I prefer loving someone that have someone to love me, or maybe I like suffering.

Yet, I feel like I love her less as days go by. Love is something that has to be nurtured, if not, it will start fading. Plus, my love for her was based on a 5 month relationship, nothing really solid. I've been talking to other women too, makes you realize that there are more people out there. The most difficult part that I had was getting over the idea that she will be with other people, a possesive and jealous thought. But once you stop thinking about her and start wondering about whats best for you, it becomes easier.

I also think that we wont be able to be friends.

Your situation is tougher I think. You live together? I guess that will have to change if you want to get over it.
0 Replies