Population Trends

gollum

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 04:19 pm
I believe in the United States that the native born people are barely generating enough children to maintain the population. In Western Europe the native people are producing even fewer children.

Why? What is wrong? Why didn't the native people produce children when they were young and why are immigrants producing so many children?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 688 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Kolyo

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 04:41 pm
@gollum,
gollum wrote:

Why didn't the native people produce children when they were young...?

Financial uncertainty.

I plan on never having kids, because I can't afford a wife.
gollum

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 05:12 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo-

Thank you.

I think the persons immigrating into Western Europe and the U.S. are generally poorer. How can they afford wives?
Kolyo

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 05:46 pm
@gollum,
gollum wrote:

I think the persons immigrating into Western Europe and the U.S. are generally poorer. How can they afford wives?

They are rich compared with what they knew in their home countries. They are also very resourceful, and have the attitude that they will find a way of supporting a family. They have a knack for getting some kind of job.

Their wives are also immigrants, happier with less.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 24 Aug, 2017 07:38 am
@gollum,
Population leveling off is a good thing. Developed countries are doing this on purpose. We removed the stigma from birth control and society is now built to support small families or even childless couples.

I don't see the problem here.
0 Replies