Why do I do this ?am I bad person then ?Help..

Lera-B

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 06:24 am
I love my boyfriend and want the future with him so why do I constantly flirt and chase after other men?

I don't want to be judged for my actions, because I don't quite understand them myself, I just want some advice and insight into the way I feel.

Me and my boyfriend are both 17 ,and I have been with him for 8months.I love him so much, I think he's amazing, I can't imagine anyone else treating me the way he does,and I'm pretty sure I don't want to imagine life without him. The problem is that whenever I go out (e.g. a night out with my friends or something) I am constantly flirting and seeking attention from other attractive men.

For example, last night me and my boyfriend went out to a park with some of our mutual friends.In the park we then met some other 2 guys and chilled with them.One of them was attractive that I just couldn't stop flirting with, he was really attractive and seemed into me (by the eye contact he had made throughout our groups conversation), I've never met him a before but he's really cool. I didn't do anything, all we did was exchange looks and small talk between us two when my boyfriend went to the shop.He kept being frustrated that he couldn't kiss me or look at me as he was very attracted to me and didn't want to ruin my relationship with my boyfriend. He wanted to kiss me ,he leaned really closely but I refused and reminded him about my boyfriend that he knew about. Now I can't stop thinking about this guy and I want to seek him out further like talk to him again ,meet him by going to the park again.What is wrong with me?! I have a boyfriend so why do I do this!!

It drives me insane, I don't know what is wrong with me .Does it mean that deep down I'm not happy with my relationship? Does it mean I'm bored? A horrible person? Why can't I just be happy with my boyfriend and stop thinking about other guys and then having crushes on them... Please help me understand why this is happening .

I feel really guilty about it, but I can’t seem to stop myself from flirting and wondering what it would be like to hook up with someone,wishing that I could without having to break up with my boyfriend.My boyfriend is loving and always tells me how lucky he is, and how beautiful I am, and the guilt has been killing me inside. He treats me so incredibly well that I know I would be very foolish to give him up, or risk what we have for a random hookup because I don't want to cheat as I can be loyal and faithful. I really want to stay loyal to my boyfriend because I honestly love him so much.I'am just unsure whether I'am doing the right thing.I'am 17years old and found a guy with whom I can have a serious relationship (my first relationship)and make it last long but I don't think I am ready for them things.I feel like I need freedom , go do crazy stuff , flirt with different guys , have many different experiences -bad and good which from that I will also learn a lot about .I fear that if I stay with him for years , get married etc ,I will have no experience only him , I will only know what it's like to have a good boyfriend ,long relationship ,not going clubbing ,not getting a one night stand and so on.I want to enjoy everything that I can not just one way.Should I talk to him about this ?

centrox

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 11:27 am
@Lera-B,
Lera-B wrote:
Me and my boyfriend are both 17 ,and I have been with him for 8months. ... Now I can't stop thinking about this guy and I want to seek him out further like talk to him again ,meet him by going to the park again.What is wrong with me?!

Nothing is "wrong" with you. You are young, too young to be making plans to be with one person. A few people might be at 17 but you aren't ready yet. That's normal. You need to do the kind thing and tell your boyfriend. If, as you say, the things he says fill you up with guilt, you really badly need to do this.

ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 11:32 am
@Lera-B,
There is nothing wrong with you.

You're 17. It's an age for having fun.

You should be thinking about having fun at college/university , not worrying about what life will be like if you marry your current boyfriend.

You've been told the same things on your previous thread.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 11:34 am
@centrox,
centrox wrote:
That's normal. You need to do the kind thing and tell your boyfriend. If, as you say, the things he says fill you up with guilt, you really badly need to do this.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 11:36 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
You've been told the same things on your previous thread.

You can keep asking, but the answer won't change.
tibbleinparadise

Reply Tue 30 May, 2017 07:31 pm
@centrox,
My teen daughter does the same thing. Over and over she asks if she can stay out late and it's always the same answer...be home by curfew. It's part of the teenage experience I suppose.
0 Replies