Matrix500

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2004 09:04 pm
We're still missing you, Husker...

Get Well Soon !!!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 07:23 pm
I'm just home - from the hospital about 4 hours ago -
the kid set my computer where i can browse.

more in a few - have turn off IV
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 07:24 pm
Yikes! You went back in? For, what now, a week?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 07:24 pm
Happy to see you, boyo.

Happy, happy.

Joe
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 07:25 pm
Yes, that too - glad to see you back with us!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 07:25 pm
There you are!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 07:26 pm
All right!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 08:08 pm
ok - so what happened was I really did not have pneumonia - actually. but it showed up like it according to the emergency room docs, the good thing was that they had gottem me stablized that night and reduced and my fever, looking bad that was a really cool thing - so on Saturday I was really zoned out tired and lowed grade fever like 100, expecting I was getting real sore in my groin. On Sunday morning my leg was puffy and foot was a grayish color - called the docs that handled my prior infection - they said get the heck back in to the emergency room, that was Sunday afternoon(lastweek). The inside of my leg at that time fet like someone wacked me with a baseball bat.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 08:09 pm
I was thinking it odd to send someone with your history home after a few hours. So, what was it? The same infection come back?
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 08:12 pm
Damn leg, Husker. I'd be so desperate! But I know that you'll heed to Letty's "hold your dominion" advice, and will get better with all the love we send from cyberspace.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 08:15 pm
cont.

getting to the hospital my fever spiked upto 102 - Doc said my lymph nodes were swollen in my groin, by now I had a red and rashy leg from my toes to middle thigh. They admitted again and started anti-biotics, my foot got so big my little piggies lookike like cherry tomatoes and my calf was and still is pretty large. lots of blood work and they were very concerned since my blood was coagulating upon almost hitting the test tube.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 08:17 pm
listening
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 08:19 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 08:21 pm
so this time around staph infection showed up in my blood - bad - last time that never happened.
So they poured the massive anti-boitics into me and still are. back to the good news the goofies on friday night helped surpress the fever which turned
to be a blessing in not letting the damage not get to be as bad as it could have been. Getting blood from me continued to be a problem.
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 08:30 pm
OMG, husker...

I'd been wondering about you and I'm I'm glad to hear you're recovering, but I'm also so sorry for all that you've been going through. My dad had that kind of infection happen in his arm - it was terrifying!

So, other than crummy, how are you feeling?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 08:39 pm
fast forward past lots of pain, fever, and boring time.

They installed a PIC line a couple days ago (more of a long term IV solution) they weave a seperate line line down a vein that leads from about my elbow to just short of my the main line going into my heart.
Jumping forward to present time - with the PIC I'm able to administer my own anti-biotics - so back there on the message I was I was working on the IV I was in a panic for the first time. Forgot how to cap off the IV into my arms somce I took off the IV tube - that's all clear now I was being overly anal - lol

so for the following 6 weeks I'm pretty tied to my IV pole and anti-biotics - we wanna kill this sucker(infection) in the worst way.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 08:42 pm
Yeah, I'd guess you would want it assassinated. So, the IV drip shoots antibiotics right to your heart, sort of? Amazing. Glad you got a handle on it.....
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 08:46 pm
littlek wrote:
Yeah, I'd guess you would want it assassinated. So, the IV drip shoots antibiotics right to your heart, sort of? Amazing. Glad you got a handle on it.....

yeah it gets a better shot of the medicine into the system = cause of my long arms an large chest they do not make the PIC lines long enough for my size. and they body reacts wuicker with a drop into the main line. 'm guessing a drug addict would get a real kick on this.

the stress on my family hase been incredible
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 08:48 pm
on a funny side note
water pill dosage was increased from 40 to 120 milgrams - lets' just say I thought I was forming a river
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 22 Nov, 2004 08:51 pm
water pill = diuretic?
0 Replies