Candida Cleansing Diet

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 12:06 pm
I am trying this and getting results on many fronts, anyone else experimenting with this diet?

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 12:28 pm
@TheCobbler,
What is this diet?
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 02:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well Walter, I assume you do know what candida is but I will explain it as I understand it.

Think of your gut (intestines) as a garden that grows good bacteria that produces nutrients and feeds all of your major organs of your body including your brain. This in turn sets your metabolism to be healthy.

Candida is a fungal (not bacterial) "weed" in this garden that takes hold due to really poor diet or the use of antibiotics. This weed grows faster than good bacteria into a rats nest that then takes over the garden and will not allow the good digestive bacteria to take hold and process good nutrients. With no good nutrients reaching the cells, the cells are fed the wrong stuff and they become prone to nearly all diseases known to the human body.

A candida cleansing diet differentiates between food sources and only feeds the gut what good bacteria likes, while these thing happen to also gradually lessen the candida overgrowth.

Once the candida overgrowth is radically lowered with foods that it cannot feed on then the garden (gut) is ready to plant the good bacteria.

Although experts slightly agree and disagree on what exactly kills candida the best and each person's body is different, they do agree on many things.

Cleansing the body of candida is not a really bad or hard diet. The dos and don'ts, to me, are not that hard to accomplish considering I always cook my own food from scratch anyway and rarely ever eat out.

There are two major steps to this process. One is weeding the garden (cleansing) and lowering the amount of candida (weeds) and the other is replanting the garden with good probiotic bacteria that will properly process your foods.

So the cleansing (weeding) process is much more strict and limits a lot of foods while the planting stage is more relaxed till your diet then normalizes again. This is because good bacteria and the candida have similar things they thrive on and dissimilar things they dislike. So the cleansing process focuses on the dissimilar things yet which are still very nutritious to the body. For instance broccoli kills candida but bacteria love it while both candida and the good bacteria love fermented things. Most all spices kill candida off while good bacteria thrives on them.

The don't are easier to list than the do's

DURING THE STRICT CLEANSE PROCESS
that lasts from several weeks to a month

No sugar at all
No beer (because of live yeast)
No chemicals or caffeine (coffee)
No grains at all (while cleansing)
No fermented fruits and veggies or sauces
No dairy (though, some say a little is okay, why risk it)

the things you can eat are much more numerous to list and Google is a good source for them.

Note, the diet shifts and the things you can eat change and become more numerous after the cleansing process but it is still restricted while the garden repopulates, some weeding is still necessary.

I will provide a list of the good things to eat during the cleansing month if there is more interest shown in this topic.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 03:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
I have used Indian Clay for much the same purpose.
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 03:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yes, I have heard of that but I am not sure exactly how that fits in and I'm not sure yet if I will go that route and/or also the food grade diatomaceous earth. The idea of eating glass like particles does not appeal to me yet. That part of the diet kind of scares me and for now I may avoid it.

I plan to take enzymes soon and a probiotic supplement because yogurt even though I have had good results with it has too much sugar. I found a timed release probiotic supplement on Amazon that I will try.

I would list the supplements here but I do not want to seem like some sort of advertisement for supplement products.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 04:52 pm
@TheCobbler,
I remember that my boss had grieved re a person who died re candidaisis.

Cobbler is enthusiastically nutso.

This is what happens when people haven't clues re science.

I think I remember that some are more susceptable, but that is a feathery memory.
centrox

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 04:59 pm
I had a girlfriend who had candida and she use to stuff yogurt up her, er, pussy.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 05:02 pm
I just bought some brown coconuts, 2 @ $5. This will go well on my diet.

I plan to mix the coconut and juice with my yogurt and that will make the added sugars (and the few frozen blueberries I add) unpalatable to the candida.

I am not allowed much fruit during the cleansing phase but some is permitted.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 05:03 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Please be specific...
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 06:21 pm
@TheCobbler,
No, thanks.
farmerman

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 06:40 pm
@ossobucotemp,
why would we want to ingest silica dust? Whats the theory behind this cleansing diet.??
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 09:26 pm
@farmerman,
I don't really know the answer to that question FM and that is why I started this thread. I do not claim to understand all of this and neither am I a health professional. I do have a brain between my ears and I am able to learn stuff just as any doctor on the subject is. Though they may study much long on the subject, I can still understand the basic concepts once explained to me.

From what I have heard in youtube discussions on the subject, diatomaceous earth is supposed to break down some sort of "candida wall", in the intestine. This silica dust is supposedly "food grade" and "safe" for human consumption... this is only one part of the dietary process that I have for now chosen to not participate in. It happens during a certain phase of the diet.

So, I can neither recommend this part of the diet, neither do I advise against it.

This forum is founded on the idea of being "able to know" once matters are presented in a logical and reasonable manner.

Much of this diet is hidden behind a paywall where medical professionals choose to profit on the proprietary treatment and procedures of the diet.

As I mentioned some disagree with each other and at times concur.

Because I have not paid for the treatment and I have learned what I know from youtube (and google) I cannot tell you all of the actual procedures.

I do know that I have found some limited relief from several manifestations of candida fungus. The longer I pursue the diet the more my candida symptoms abate.

Also, I might mention that candida is not a "woman's disease".. The exact same number of men suffer from it, as men also suffer from yeast infections.

...and men also put many topical remedies, including yogurt, on their private areas, to cure chronic "jock itch" and also athlete's foot.

Women are certainly welcome in this discussion as are men who suffer from candida.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 01:02 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
why would we want to ingest silica dust? Whats the theory behind this cleansing diet.??

I cannot address this specific 'cleansing diet'. I tend to be suspicious of 'cleansing diets' and 'detox treatments'. I am not an expert, but my wife is a manufacturing pharmacy manager. I do know that medicinal clays have been used since ancient times, as far back as Mesopotamia (thousands of years BC). Montmorillonite, often referred to as bentonite, is included in the United States Pharmacopeia, and the USP-grade bentonite is widely used in various pharmaceutical and cosmetic preparations as a compounding and suspending agent. Some bentonites are effective against bacteria. Kaolin has been used in over-the-counter upset-stomach remedies for a long time. Maalox used to contain bentonite (but not any more, the USFDA found it ineffective). Terramin, a reddish clay from California, has been used by NASA as a diet supplement for astronauts, as the calcium it contains is very efficiently absorbed, and helps against the effects of zero gravity on bone depletion. Bentonite has been shown to be effective against aflatoxins produced by fungus infections in rats and chickens, although prolonged use is said to have harmful effects.

A study reported in Applied Clay Science, Volume 43, Issues 3-4, March 2009, Pages 289-295, said that clays are 'strongly effective' against candida.

There are side effects of taking clays, diatomaceous earths, etc. A significant one is that they coat the interior of the gut and slow down the absorption of other medication the patient may be taking, sometimes with a toxic effect if certain medicines are involved.

As I said before, I am not an expert, and as I also said (and my wife agrees), I am suspicious of cleansing and detox treatments. Very often practitioners of woo-medicine spin a few experimental trials into miracle cures for (sometimes) imaginary conditions (e.g. colonic irrigation to deal with imaginary 'toxins'). They may do this out of zeal, or a wish to extract money from people with health anxieties. Sometimes they do more harm than good. I would suggest that anyone suffering with a candida infection (or thinking that they do) consult with their physician.

farmerman

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 03:58 am
@centrox,
Thanks for th response. Im very familir with clay chem and how we use it IN medicine mostly as a binding agent (Hell , one of my old clients is a candy company that makes a very famous chocolate bar and they use "smectites" (all the fmily of expandable and layered clays). I permitted a clay pit in Alabama to provide the clays to mix in with chocolate to make it stand up to warm weather without melting.Medicines in pill form are compounded with either a clay or cellulose compounds as binders.
Clays, as you say, have a long history in use .ll clay structures are more like little stacks of wet pizzas, they dont have "sharp edges".

Im more concerned about diatomaceous earth which is a totally different horse than clay. Clay has all kinds of ion exchange properties, we use it as a "grabber" to detox and to insert chelation agents into the body (like when kids get too much lead in their systems and we try to purge them of a toxic body burden).Because it swells up and grabs water, it doesnt abrade anything while it does its work

Diatoms, on the other hand, are like tiny pieces of broken glass. The thing that keeps them relatively harmless (if someone has gotta eat em) is that they are that these pieces of broken glass are very very small .
"Safety" of diatoms is not based on anything derived from any health claim because diatomaceous earth was never a med or a supplement(or binder).
Food Grade" diatomaceous earth (in my mind) is kind of a ruse because the stuff has been given that title because , historically, its been used as a FILTER MEDIUM in juices, wines an several other mfr processes of foods and beverages. The diatomaceous earth isnt something that we eat, its something we use as a filter to remove stuff like asbestos and algae from wines and water.(Wine often has a lot of asbestos in it)

I dont believe it has ever been passed on as something we should eat.
BTW because of its property of being like little glass shards, Diatomaceous earth is a very popular organic pesticide that can kill harmful insects that display incomplete metamorphois. The stuff acts like "broken glass" in the guts of bugs and kills em by abrading their internal cavities . Im not even sure whether this use has any food grade requirements .

I just wonder whether the thinking that developed this program of eating diatomaceous earth has been robust enough to concern itself with possible side effects (like abrasion of cells and tissues in the digestive system)..

They also use diatomaceaous earth in cleansers to act as an abrasive agent to polih silver or clean fibreglas boat hulls in prep for "clear coating"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 05:58 am
Speaking as one who has used diatomaceous earth internally many times, I sound like Jingles on the old Wild Bill Hickock Show and my insides are sloshing soup. My wife just shifts me around like a beanbag chair if I'm in the way. Actually I have been using so-called woo products for twenty years now. Many products I experiment with turn out useless to me, but some I have used to great benefit. Pharma would like to keep me from using some of this stuff, but they are thwarted by a law that keeps them from shutting down certain useful items, because they have
been used beneficially by humans for centuries. They bilk the public out of billions per year just to treat colds and such. Users of colloidal silver
don't get colds if they use it right. Just one for instance.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 09:15 am
Some of the don'ts of the candida cleanse diet are certainly suspect...

One person writes that you can't eat pork because pigs are dirty... And that the Bible forbids it and many "religious" people forbid it...

Yet they mention no real evidence of how it affects the metabolism..

I have heard that pigs require much fewer antibiotics than other types of farm animals.

Another thing is that shellfish is forbidden too, the reasons again given is
ermmm, the Bible...

Really???

...also eggs are forbidden by some, maybe that is because it is phonetically contained within the word "existential".

There really needs to be more true science applied to this field, if a cure for candida was really found the health industry would stand to lose billions.
centrox

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 09:39 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:
...also eggs are forbidden by some, maybe that is because it is phonetically contained within the word "existential".

Only if you are very loose in your assessment of phonetic containment, as (of course!) you are entitled to be. I often fly Ryanair (an Irish airline) and the pre-recorded safety announcements are spoken by a lady with a middle-class Dublin accent*, who tells us to be aware of where the 'eggsits' are. If I were married to her I think I would be thinking of becoming her eggs husband. Unless she were very hot indeed, and even then maybe so, because conversation can be as important as sex after the initial frenzy.

*[update] hear it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8TejiY7Ehg

TheCobbler

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 09:49 am
@centrox,
Your post provide me with my gut laugh for the day!! Thanks! Smile
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 12:05 pm
This is an old article but if you missed it, it is highly relevant to any kind of health diet.
http://www.joyfulaging.com/HighTemperatureCancer.htm

Notice the food list at the bottom of the page.
0 Replies