Help! Family crisis!

Sublime

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 03:30 pm
Is Mark on a waiting list for anonymous donors? This would seem like his next best option now that Buddy is not donating.

There may be other factors going through his mind about why is withdrawing his offer, and he is pointing at Joe for a way out.

There is no way to know what factored into his decision.

Geez Tim, I feel like I should buy you a drink! Confused
0 Replies

Tim King

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 03:46 pm
Yes, Sublime, Mark is on a waiting list. But these waiting lists are not a first come, first served type of thing. Even though he is relatively young, Mark has several factors that are keeping him low on the list. It's not hopeless, but it's not guaranteed either.

And I feel like I should let you buy me a drink. Thanks for the thought. Smile
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 08:46 pm
http://cache.corbis.com/Thumb/11/42/45/11424545.jpg
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 09:30 pm
I make my own wine Tim and I'm ready to share a bottle with you right about now.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 10:07 pm
Gezzy, I'll be right there ........ I love homemade wine!

Tim, you did what you thought was the right thing, and as far as I'm concerned, it was the right thing.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 04:35 pm
I second what Misti said. Come on up Misti, I have plenty ;-) I hope you like white wine.
0 Replies

celticclover

Reply Wed 12 Feb, 2003 03:02 am
This story is so sad. Its almost Mel-Gibson-as-Joe-in-the-movie-sad.

Tim, they were going to find out somehow, and it is better as early as possible than once Buddy had donated the organ to Mark, then found out about Joe. Marks life would have been made a living hell by his family if it went that way, so the situation could be entirely worse (if thats possible).
For Joe, hes the true hero in this story, he wasnt going to say anything! Maybe, judging by what you have told us about him, there might be a possibility in arranging to talk with him and tell him how you feel, and letting him do the same with you.
If I was Buddy, I think that with 2 children that you loved so much, regardless of all the stuff-ups they had made, Id tell the doctors to give them one each, I dont think I could make the decision of who should have one over the other.
Whatever the outcome, good luck and know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your extended family.
0 Replies