how long should i wait

Reply Fri 19 May, 2017 08:23 pm
theres this girl I like that recently broke up with her bf and I was wondering how long should I wait before I ask her out I don't wanna ask too soon but I don't wanna wait too long and someone else beat me too it
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 676 • Replies: 12

jespah

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 04:05 am
@rooster 2011,
I like to go with a month as a rule of thumb. Your mileage may vary.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 04:14 am
I once told a girl, who was seeing a friend, that I really liked her. I was drunk, and as soon as the words were out of my mouth, I felt awful. What had I done? Potentially pissed off two people! Oh no! She looked at me for a minute (a very long minute!) and then said, "You need to know, Centrox, that we can't be anything to each other until I split up with Andy." I said, "When might that be?" She replied, "I don't know, a week or two maybe." Boy was I pleased. I was young, and nowadays I would think "Easy come, easy go". By which I meant that it was a couple of weeks and then we were together, but it didn't turn out well. I would say like Jespah, a month at the minimum.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 04:16 am
@rooster 2011,
What is your current relationship with her? Are you already friends?
PUNKEY

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 04:27 am
Why don't you know where she is about dating?

If you actually TALKED to her - face to face - you might find out where she is in her life and if she's ready.

0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 06:33 am
@rooster 2011,
Can you not just ask her out for a simple lunch or coffee? You don't have to launch immediately into a full blown committed monogamous relationship. Just go have fun, be friendly, maybe flirt a little and see where she is. She'll either reciprocate or not. If she doesn't seem "ready" just keep it casual and see if she comes around.
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 07:22 am
@rooster 2011,
Quote:
how long should i wait

Until the cock crows.

0 Replies

rooster 2011

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 08:15 am
@ehBeth,
shes my cousin best friend ive always like her I just never have asked her out because she was always with her old bf in the past she recently broke up with him because he had to many drinking issues and didn't want to change
chai2

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 09:12 am
@rooster 2011,
Let her know that she may think it's too early now, but when she is ready you'd like to take her out.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 09:34 am
@rooster 2011,
rooster 2011 wrote:
she recently broke up with him because he had to many drinking issues and didn't want to change

do you know this from talking to her?

when was the last time you had a conversation with her?
rooster 2011

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 10:14 am
@ehBeth,
I know this because my cousin is her best friend and its been a little while since ive talked directly to her I just don't want to rush in but i don't wanna wait forever and someone else ask her out if u know what I mean I recently applied for a new job and actually she works at the place I applied for I hope I can slowly start talking to her more and ask her out to lunch or something
ehBeth

Reply Sat 20 May, 2017 10:18 am
@rooster 2011,
Call her and tell her you want to talk about the place you applied to.

Invite her for a coffee.

Separately - tell your cousin to stop gossiping - and don't listen to gossip. If you encourage the gossipers , you'll be next on their discussion list.
0 Replies

newmoonnewmoon

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 06:27 am
@rooster 2011,
You could start talking to her earn her trust and respect and so forth.
0 Replies